Flight controller firmware has been updated to v3.12.

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I wonder if this just auto loads when in assistant ?

Firmware Updates on March 03, 2015
Overview:
a) Flight controller firmware has been updated to v3.12.
Major New Features
a) No-Fly Zones have been updated to include a 25km radius centered in Washington, DC.
b) The compass calibration program has been optimized to improve reliability.
c) When automatic landing is initiated, users can now continue to control the aircraft’s position and
altitude. During this process, the maximum speed of ascent is 1 m/s.
d) After an automatic landing has been completed and the motors have stopped spinning, users can
immediately restart the motors and begin a new flight.
Special Note:
a) It is recommended that the compass be calibrated in an environment that is free from sources of
potential interference. If you become aware of any source of potential interference, move to a
different location and calibrate the compass again. Be aware that underground metal pipes may cause
interference when the aircraft is close to the ground during compass calibration.

Based on earlier 'sloppy' introduced fw-updates by dji, I will NOT update the fw on my p2v+ v3 for a while. I do hope though, that members of this forum with good sw/fw-experise are willing to test this fw update and report back on this forum. I will await their reports.

I downloaded the new Assistant version 3.8 and the 3.12 firmware update did not auto load. I had to select the 3.12 firmware on the upgrade page for it to download this update.

I upgraded to v3.12 today. I had never downgraded from 3.10 as I had no issues with it. 3.12 flew perfectly throughout the test flight. I really like being able to control the Phantom 2V+ in descent when "Coming Home" without having to cycle the S2 switch. Hope it goes well for you.

Anyone else upgrade successfully?

pearvalley said:
I really like being able to control the Phantom 2V+ in descent when "Coming Home" without having to cycle the S2 switch.
Maybe that was a typo.
S2 switch won't help much there - it should be the S1 switch.
i-fVMzh3S-L.jpg

Meta4 said:
pearvalley said:
I really like being able to control the Phantom 2V+ in descent when "Coming Home" without having to cycle the S2 switch.
Maybe that was a typo.
S2 switch won't help much there - it should be the S1 switch.
i-fVMzh3S-L.jpg

ooops!

I see no reason to upgrade beyond 3.08. Why will I want more no-fly zones, limit the battery brands to use and pushing unwanted firmwares into my bird? :roll:

phantomi said:
I see no reason to upgrade beyond 3.08. Why will I want more no-fly zones, limit the battery brands to use and pushing unwanted firmwares into my bird? :roll:

Really, I mean, what if I want to film the Washington Monument from the air! Oh wait, that's illegal already. Hmmm.... well you never know.

phantomi said:

+2

IM just worried that eventually if bird is connected they will force an update... hopefully thats not ever possible. :shock: :eek: i like my 3.08 just fine...

Disconnect your Internet before firing up the Phantom Assistant then :)

pearvalley said:
S1 is right. I always think of the 2 on the right instead of the left. My mistake.

Left is Right ;)

All updated, batteries charging and the sun is apparently going to be out for most of the morning.

Ill give this a try in the next few hours.

Cyclone said:
All updated, batteries charging and the sun is apparently going to be out for most of the morning.

Ill give this a try in the next few hours.

WooHoo!! :D

Wonder how that turned out.

Going to do it in a few minutes :)

*edit* Well that was fun. Didnt get chance to fly, had issues with my Vision.

Ill sort them out and try again in the next few days.

msinger said:
Disconnect your Internet before firing up the Phantom Assistant then :)

For what purpose? :eek: It's not like you're being forced to upgrade. In fact on there isn't a v3.12 upgrade on the P2 NV assistant software.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1