Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 Firmware V01.00.1500 released

Yes,

All of the logs I have posted here are Tablet DAT files including FLY032. It was the oldest one on my tablet last night (prior firmware). The tablet seems to only keep the last 11 flight DAT files.

That is why I noticed the change when what I have normally seen available was not there after the firmware update.

I am convinced they removed the data fields from the tablet DAT files.
You're right. Another way to look at it is that before the FW update the tablet .DAT is a copy of the AC .DAT. That's unusual - actually unheard of. After the FW update the tablet .DAT is normal in the sense that it's similar to a .DAT created by all the other platforms and FWs.

You're right. Another way to look at it is that before the FW update the tablet .DAT is a copy of the AC .DAT. That's unusual - actually unheard of. After the FW update the tablet .DAT is normal in the sense that it's similar to a .DAT created by all the other platforms and FWs.

If you say so. Maybe it was because the P4P 2.0 was so new and they removed the extra data that was being included for debug on their end? Who knows.....

I went back and looked at my Mavic Air DAT files from the tablet and like you say, they have less detail. I just never noticed it on that one because I did not have 2 different versions to compare with. Unfortunately for the MA, they encrypt the drone DAT files so no detailed stuff available for that one.

Looks like it is Drone logs for more details from now on for the P4P 2.0 (unless they started encrypting them to?)

I.....
Looks like it is Drone logs for more details from now on for the P4P 2.0 (unless they started encrypting them to?)
Maybe the AC .DAT is encrypted w/ the new FW. Can you retrieve an AC .DAT and see if DatCon chokes on it?

Maybe the AC .DAT is encrypted w/ the new FW. Can you retrieve an AC .DAT and see if DatCon chokes on it?

You and I think alike. Yes but it will be this evening after I get home from work.

I sure hope not!

Thanks again for all your help and your awesome tools! Hopefully DJI does not cripple them!

I only got my one yesterday so only two flights so far and of course it updated itself and the batteries to the current firmware.

One thing I have noted is under settings HD, Channel Selection it says "Only Supports 2.4G"

My MA uses both bands in the UK so why won't my new toy?

Other than my Lenovo Yoga Tablet won't fit in the controller holder it seems great.

I only got my one yesterday so only two flights so far and of course it updated itself and the batteries to the current firmware.

One thing I have noted is under settings HD, Channel Selection it says "Only Supports 2.4G"

My MA uses both bands in the UK so why won't my new toy?

Other than my Lenovo Yoga Tablet won't fit in the controller holder it seems great.

It’s most likely due to your location. The P4P 2.0 has dual band occusync but if you look at the specs on DJI.com it says “5.8ghz transmission is not available in some regions due to local regulations.”

Have any P4P V2 owners tried to make the gimbal do the 90 degree flip? Sport mode, hard left turn at full speed? Has DJI fixed that issue in the V2?

Some gimbals flip easier than others. The above is just a test in the worst case scenario.

@BudWalker I checked the files off the drone and they are not encrypted. Your tools can still read the files! More good news is that all the data fields are there! :)

Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 Firmware V01.00.1500 released

Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Release Notes

Overview
  • Date: 2018.06.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: V 01.00.15.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.15.00
  • Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 Remote Controller Firmware: V 01.00.01.00
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: V 4.2.20
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.2.20

What’s New?
  • Optimized compass calibration.
  • Optimized gimbal performance to improve its stability during flight.

Notes
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to a previous version. Restart the aircraft and remote controller once the update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 app/DJI Assistant 2, then try updating again.
Is this firmware ONLY for the new one , Version 2 P4P ?

Some of this is in the post above but here is the summary I posted on FB. This is after flying 4 packs thru it today:

“For those with a P4P 2.0, DJI recently released firmware version V01.00.15.00. This is a PIREP on how this firmware update went for me and what it seems to have fixed. I did my update using DJI Go 4 and that process went flawlessly. I could have used Assistant 2 for Phantom 2.0 (make sure you download the correct version as the one for the P4P won't work) but I did it with Go 4.

The update reset my multiple flight modes, EXP, braking sensitivity, and several obstacle avoidance system settings. The update forced an IMU calibration and don't be alarmed to see your IMU sensor status screen with huge bias numbers and red bar graphs for all 4 sensors. Others reported the same thing so this must be normal. Once you calibrate the IMU, you will likely find that your bias numbers on the 4 sensors are much lower than prior to the update. I did not have to do a compass calibration!

Now to what this update appears to have fixed. I call these Easter Eggs because the release notes do not cover all of these:

Gone are the issues with the compass sensor status page constantly warning of a backwards compass or extreme interference when there is none!

Gone are the issues with getting occasional compass redundancy switch messages.

Gone is the tendency for the the drone to slowly rotate in yaw while hovering. Variable in clockwise or counterclockwise depending on heading hovering at.

Gone is the occasional gimbal glitch where the gimbal jerks in its yaw axis.

Gone is the problem where the drone always braked at max braking power and totally ignored the braking action sensitivity setting. The drone now seems to obey that setting.

Much improved is the stability in hover. The drone now holds position like it is glued in space. Obviously in wind it will work as hard as required to hold its position but the position hold is now much improved. In smooth air it is rock solid steady.

It appears that DJI really did some significant updates to the compass/IMU firmware! Bottom line is that I highly recommend this update if you had any of those issues!”

Reactions: Leo_S and Brockrock
Thanks for sharing your results with the new firmware.

The only issues I've seen with the initial firmware in the v2.0 were the occasional jerking of the gimbal with Yaw movements and the jumpiness of any changes to Yaw with the controls.

I haven't seen any compass errors, but I have seen the interference error when launching from my rooftop.

Mine was so stable that I could do time lapse photography in the sky. Hadn't seen slow drift in the Yaw.

So it looks like mileage may vary.

What I hope it really fixes is the lack of ease in/out in Yaw movements. At present, it's equivalent to using a stills tripod with friction head to pan a video camera, instead of using a quality fluid head. Some smoothing of the control signals would be welcome!

Any downside to this update? Any new restrictions on flight? Other issues?

Thanks for sharing your results with the new firmware.

The only issues I've seen with the initial firmware in the v2.0 were the occasional jerking of the gimbal with Yaw movements and the jumpiness of any changes to Yaw with the controls.

I haven't seen any compass errors, but I have seen the interference error when launching from my rooftop.

Mine was so stable that I could do time lapse photography in the sky. Hadn't seen slow drift in the Yaw.

So it looks like mileage may vary.

What I hope it really fixes is the lack of ease in/out in Yaw movements. At present, it's equivalent to using a stills tripod with friction head to pan a video camera, instead of using a quality fluid head. Some smoothing of the control signals would be welcome!

Any downside to this update? Any new restrictions on flight? Other issues?

You can tweak the Rudder EXP setting down and make it much smoother around the center point of stick control. The lower the number the more you have to move the stick to get a response. Also lengthen your sticks and that will help as well. (They are adjustable)
Another thing you can tweak is the Yaw Movement Limit under the sensitivity settings. Reduce this to limit max yaw rate and this will smooth it out as well.

Another one is the Synchronize Gimbal Follow mode switch under the advanced gimbal settings. By default this is turned on. It is hard to explain how that works on vs off. Best to fly it right in front of you with the camera facing you and try panning left and right in both modes while watching how the gimbal reacts to the two different modes. Try slow smooth and small movements, then try rapid large movements. Keep in mind that this setting has little to no effect on rapid or large yaw movements, its the fine ones that are within the yaw range of the gimbal that make a difference. If the movement exceeds the yaw range of the gimbal, this setting does not do much since the drone starts pulling the gimbal around on the stops. I find that with it off, the results are better.

Reactions: Basspig
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm waiting for the thunderstorms to clear out and then I'll give these a shot later.

Still waiting on the firmware update until I hear that a number of people have tried it with no problems.

With this being a new model that was not received with much fanfare, it may take a while for many reports to show up. There are a few on Facebook groups and the Official DJI user forum that have posted positive experiences.

@BudWalker I checked the files off the drone and they are not encrypted. Your tools can still read the files! More good news is that all the data fields are there! :)
Could you DropBox a drone .DAT for the new FW please? I kinda interested to see what records it has.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers