I also have a phantom 3 that was bricked by a factory update. it took weeks for DJI to get back to me about the problem, and they are refusing to repair the unit. I am preparing to sue them in Washington State Small Claims court. Does anyone know the address to send legal notices to?

I also have a phantom 3 that was bricked by a factory update. it took weeks for DJI to get back to me about the problem, and they are refusing to repair the unit. I am preparing to sue them in Washington State Small Claims court. Does anyone know the address to send legal notices to?
14th Floor, West Wing, Skyworth Semiconductor Design Building, No.18 Gaoxin South 4th Ave, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China, 518057.

My final post on this topic -- I received the package from DJI on Saturday, earlier than expected. However, it did not contain my repaired GL300B controller. Instead was a brand new GL300C controller!
DJI, there was no mention of replacement anywhere, only repair. My GL300B had a black carbon-fiber wrapper on it and an aluminum Inspire-type bracket. In retrospect I should have removed the bracket, but peeling off the wrap would have ruined it. So, I guess I loose those two items in the process.

But, the GL300C connected to my P3P just fine, and after checking all the GO and Litchi settings, I did a 10 minute backyard flight and all appears to be working great, so I won't sweat the bracket and wrap. I'm flying again, so I guess all is well.

Lessons learned:
NEVER UPDATE FIRMWARE!
FLY WITH LITCHI ONLY
REMOVE ALL ACCESSORIES BEFORE SENDING ANYTHING TO DJI FOR "REPAIR"
KEEP YOUR COOL ON THE FORUMS

Onwards & Upwards!!

I had to send my RC and AC in and they were very clear about removing after-market stuff. Sure enough, the RC that came back was brand new as well as part of the shell.

(cross-posted on DJI forum)

I am trying very hard to remain civil, but after two months of not being able to use my P3P I'm kinda upset.

I am a FAA 107 licensed remote pilot with 350+ flights on my P3P with a GL300B RC . I've always kept my firmware updated to the latest version. The last update, P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin, completed successfully on the P3P, but DID NOT complete successfully on the controller via the GO app. I've been able to re-link the controller with the P3P, in that I can control the gimbal, start recording & start the motors. But GO refuses to see the P3P and connect.

So my first thought was to downgrade the RC firmware. When I hold down the GO hamburger menu for that, it says my current firmware version is "N/A", and no previous version is shown to roll-back-to. And being that it's a GL300B, the firmware can only be updated via the GO app (which it clearly won't) -- I can't use the USB port like on the GL300A (Hey DJI -- did somebody there actually said "I know -- let's take away the ONE FEATURE that would allow users recover from a failed firmware upgrade on their RC so they have no where to turn". Brilliant, but not a good way to get users to upgrade to a P4).

Anyway, here's what else I've tried many-multiple times:

-- Tried at least a half-dozen high-quality USB cables.
-- Tried with the latest GO on the following devices:
- Samsung 6 edge
- Samsung Galaxy-Tab-E-8.0
- Samsung SMT320 (used for the 350+ flights)
- iPad2
-- Tried all of the C1+C2+Shutter+scrollwheel combinations on the RC that are supposed to re-set to factory defaults and force an emergency firmware update.

The only thing I have left is to try progressively older versions if GO to see if any will recognized the corrupted or missing RC firmware and do an update, but that sounds like a long shot in the dark that I'll undertake if nothing else.

I also spent a couple hours on the DJI tech support chat -- no help at all -- my dog has a better understanding of the product!

I've also spoken to the support staff at two San Francisco repair facilities (one is DJI's authorized service center). Both told me that this is a "known problem", and the only solution is to send my controller into DJI, or just buy another used RC!!! That clearly implies that DJI's firmware update DAMAGED my RC, and I see dozens if not hundreds of other P3A and P3P users who are in the same situation -- after weeks of online sleuthing I have yet to see anyone find a solution.

So I challenge DJI, and any users here who think they know the solution, to post it here. I will follow your instructions to the letter and promptly let you know the results.But don't bother posting links to another forum posts unless they are newer than this one, because I've read/tried 'em all.

I've loved DJI products for the last 3 years, but what I won't do is pay to have DJI "fix" the problem they introduced. If that is truly the only solution, I will say adios DJI, and they will lose a strong advocate.

Thanks for reading my rant, and I look forward to all replies.
I have had the same problem, from the SDcard it winks and blinks green the goes solid red.Then a pop up appears when I go back to search for a download or thinking a rollback perhaps might work but the only help I get is an ad that tells me I’ll get a discount for my trade up to a P4... Perhaps if they might even kick in a Mask, not for the virus they treated the world to but rather for the highway robbery I feel like I’ll be committing if I try to resale this brick.

You make a really good point --- at least Apple has to always be on there toes and innovate because Samsung is their main rival and is going punch-for-punch in the smartphone market. Who is DJI competing against --- Yuneec? Parrot? Gimme a break. They are the dominant market leader and that's why they have such an arrogant attitude.

I think the biggest problem with the drone market right now is there is no inter-compatibility between brands. You can't use a Yuneec controller with a Phantom 4. You might love the camera on a Parrot but you can't install it on a Mavic. You have to be "all in" on a particular brand and that puts you at the mercy of that manufacturer. Just look at the history of IBM-compatible PCs in the 80s and 90s --- the computer industry exploded in popularity because you could buy one brand of motherboard and use it with another brand of video card and hard drive and it would all work together perfectly. Drones will never become super popular until we achieve this type of inter-changeable parts and accessories between different brands.

Take your Apple hate over to another forum. Not welcome here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj