Where are my TFRs if there are any?

D

Deleted member 109724

Hi everyone! Quick question, where is the best and easiest place to check for tfrs every time before I fly? I want to always know if there is one before ever taking off. I currently use Airmap, but I don't know if it gives up to date tfrs. I'm hoping for an app to check tfrs, rather than a website, but any advice accepted. :) BTW, I'm running Android 6.0.0 on my phone and IOS 9 or something on my first generation iPad Mini.

I've found both Airmap and UAV forecast show TFR's to be current. Try scrolling map to known site of current VP or Pres location and check TFR for their duration.

I've found both Airmap and UAV forecast show TFR's to be current. Try scrolling map to known site of current VP or Pres location and check TFR for their duration.
So do TFRs show up as circles on the map with airmap? Or is it in a list based on location?

Hi everyone! Quick question, where is the best and easiest place to check for tfrs every time before I fly? I want to always know if there is one before ever taking off. I currently use Airmap, but I don't know if it gives up to date tfrs. I'm hoping for an app to check tfrs, rather than a website, but any advice accepted. :) BTW, I'm running Android 6.0.0 on my phone and IOS 9 or something on my first generation iPad Mini.

Despite what you've mentioned and given the importance of such info, wouldn't it be best to go to the (FAA) 'source'.

TFR Data Elements

TEHO

Reactions: BigAl07
Despite what you've mentioned and given the importance of such info, wouldn't it be best to go to the (FAA) 'source'.

TFR Data Elements

TEHO
Excellent reply :)

Without buying a subscription to a 3rd party service there are no "FAA Approved" aps for TFRs that I'm aware of.

ForeFlight is an excellent app

Does
Excellent reply :)

Without buying a subscription to a 3rd party service there are no "FAA Approved" aps for TFRs that I'm aware of.

ForeFlight is an excellent app
Does ForeFlight have current FAA notifications like TFRs and NOTAMS? Is it reliable?

What is the resistance to go to the FAA site?
If you can access an App. you can access the source.
Reliance on 3rd party data miners will not indemnify a violator.

What is the resistance to go to the FAA site?
If you can access an App. you can access the source.
Reliance on 3rd party data miners will not indemnify a violator.
I don't know, I was hoping there was a quicker way than having to go to the FAA website every time I want to fly, on top of creating a flight plan with airmap and starting my Verifly insurance, I'm big into the apps. I have my drone apps in line on my phone so I can go one after the other. The people I do work for want things FAST, so I'm always on a time crunch. I run DJI Go on my iPad, airmap and Verifly on my incredibly slow Android phone. Just hoping there was some app that could take me to a FAA site or something, you know, like a shortcut, possibly with a better ui and easier localized results...

It’s very easy to get the most up to date info for your State. Bookmark the page and save a screenshot, you’re covered.
Professionals don’t do fast, they do... professional.
You’re responsible, not your client.

Last edited:
Yes. That will work and it’s not a 3rd party.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.