Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

For me it was much easier to do by using a computer.

1. First, uninstall DJI Go from your tablet completely
2. Go here DJI_MOD and download the version of your liking(3.1.18 is known to be good and stable). i personally have been using the latest 3.1.46 version becouse 3.1.18 not showing map anymore, at least i can't get it working
3. Unpack the file you downloaded by using Winrar(download from here if you dont have it WinRAR download and support: Pre-Download). Password for the mod file file is 076
4. Plug in your tablet to your computer and go to My computer where you should be able to see your tablet(the place where you can see your C, D or E drives)
5. Click on the name of the tablet (Galaxy S2?)and there should be "Downloads" folder. When found, copy the unpacked .apk file there
6. Now, with your tablet, you need to navigate to the "Downloads" folder and there you should find the modded dji go app you just copied there.
7. Click on the file and the install process should start, wait until it finishes, start the dji go, set your settings and go flying.

It sounds much harder than it really is. :) Hope this helps even a bit..

Some links to help you further
How to Find Downloaded Files on Any Android Device - Make Tech Easier
Transfer files between your computer & Android device - Android Help

Hello,

Can someone explain the 'exact' steps to take to install FCC mode please? I am having trouble understanding all that App crap... lol

Step by step for someone a little new to drones?
Thanks!!
Installing an app is nothing to do with drone knowledge. login to your tablet and connect it to a PC and drop the app on the tablet. Then use an app like ES pro file manager (from the play store) to open the app and it will ask if you want to install it. U need to uninstall the legit DJI go app 1st or it wont install the modded version.

Hi there everybody,
first post, first drone, first problem.
Nice to have a forum dedicated to DJI drones besides the official one.

We bought the P3SE early 2019 from Metro in Germany.
The video signal is hardly stable and the connection gets lost around 300 meters.
I tried convincing it to transmit in FCC mode by installing the modded version of dji.go.v.3.1.46 on my Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2.
It connects and everything but I still see 13 channels in the settings for 2.4 Ghz.
What did I do wrong, do I need to delete any extra files that still keep the information? For example my stick configuration is still on custom after uninstalling and reinstalling. Or is my drone immune to let it's mode changed because DJI took steps to prevent messing around with these settings? I also tried dji.go.v.3.1.34.

Hi there everybody,
first post, first drone, first problem.
Nice to have a forum dedicated to DJI drones besides the official one.

We bought the P3SE early 2019 from Metro in Germany.
The video signal is hardly stable and the connection gets lost around 300 meters.
I tried convincing it to transmit in FCC mode by installing the modded version of dji.go.v.3.1.46 on my Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2.
It connects and everything but I still see 13 channels in the settings for 2.4 Ghz.
What did I do wrong, do I need to delete any extra files that still keep the information? For example my stick configuration is still on custom after uninstalling and reinstalling. Or is my drone immune to let it's mode changed because DJI took steps to prevent messing around with these settings? I also tried dji.go.v.3.1.34.

Hi and welcome. I just deleted the original DJ Go app and installed the modded app. I started on 3.1.18 and it worked fine. I have then installed 3.1.46 over 3.1.18 so no idea if that kept any files. My last run out reached 2km then as it was all water after that I chickened out and bought it home. I didnt see any week signal popups but a few week video popups.
In FCC mode I see 1-11 channels in 2.4ghz.

Reactions: Jason stairs
I too installed the patched software last night and could still see 13 channels so didn't work for me. Now I've reverted back I'm having really bad issue where the drone is constantly disconnecting when only a hundred meters or so away and video always dropping is there a way to fully reset RC and aircraft so I can start again ?

I too installed the patched software last night and could still see 13 channels so didn't work for me. Now I've reverted back I'm having really bad issue where the drone is constantly disconnecting when only a hundred meters or so away and video always dropping is there a way to fully reset RC and aircraft so I can start again ?
What tablet or phone is everyone using?

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will first try the 3.1.18 version and then the FakeGPS method if it's not working. I haven't upgraded to the newer firmware because of all those posts on the DJI forum complaining it cuts the range. Maybe the DJI online profile overrides the changes made by installing the modded app, but that's just a guess. And maybe I will need to downgrade to an older firmware as it was delivered with, if possible.

So, it's 4:20AM and I'm done switching to FCC with the FakeGPS app, it seems.
It is too dark outside to test but the app switched the WLAN settings and I could finally see 11 instead of 13 channels at 2.4 Ghz like expected.
Neither the modded 3.1.34 nor the modded 3.1.18 worked for me.
I'd like to know why though.
After changing to FCC and uninstalling FakeGPS I tried starting the modded 3.1.34 but it wanted to change the WLAN settings again so I closed the app and shut down the receiver and the AC and installed version 3.1.8 of the DJI Go app. I thought this wouldn't happen with the modded version.
This is status quo.
I will testflight tomorrow and see if the quality of the connection will be better.

So, it's 4:20AM and I'm done switching to FCC with the FakeGPS app, it seems.
It is too dark outside to test but the app switched the WLAN settings and I could finally see 11 instead of 13 channels at 2.4 Ghz like expected.
Neither the modded 3.1.34 nor the modded 3.1.18 worked for me.
I'd like to know why though.
After changing to FCC and uninstalling FakeGPS I tried starting the modded 3.1.34 but it wanted to change the WLAN settings again so I closed the app and shut down the receiver and the AC and installed version 3.1.8 of the DJI Go app. I thought this wouldn't happen with the modded version.
This is status quo.
I will testflight tomorrow and see if the quality of the connection will be better.

Once you have performed the FakeGPS trick and install the modded app, you will still get pop-ups about WLAN settings (quite often actually). Just select OK to close the pop-up. This DOES NOT change to CE mode, it will stay in FCC. This is certainly the case with the latest 2 versions of the modded app (3.1.34 & 3.1.46)

Reactions: PhantomPain
Once you have performed the FakeGPS trick and install the modded app, you will still get pop-ups about WLAN settings (quite often actually). Just select OK to close the pop-up. This DOES NOT change to CE mode, it will stay in FCC. This is certainly the case with the latest 2 versions of the modded app (3.1.34 & 3.1.46)
Thanks for the information this is really good to know.
So I can compare the different versions.
I thought I read that the google maps part of the 3.1.8 version wouldn't work but it loaded parts of the map in satellite view, very slow though.
Can I force it somehow to update the map?
So for now I see no other downsights to a newer version.
Haven't tried any of the flight modes like the follow me mode, which didn't work for me with 3.1.46 modded.

But for now I had the best flight expierience with my P3 SE.
The video-connection now is superb or better is now as expected.
It flew 2.8km and I had only few video signal losts. It was absoloutely cloudy and just after I landed it began to rain.
Before I couldn't even reach 500m.
I wonder what is possible with a clear sky. But I am pretty happy with how it's working right now.
This way I can think about buying FPV-goggles with HDMI input to connect to an HDMI output from a tablet.
Though the lag is still bad for flying in FPV.
I may have a little plan adding a real FPV cam with analog transmission like used on racing-quads but I will post that in the FPV thread in here.

The only Problem was when I told the quadcopter to RTH, it sometimes stopped and I had to fly manually. I will see if this will work with a newer version of the app.

I wonder, if after updating to a new firmware the FCC-mode still works. It says that the new firmware will update the battery.
Is it normal that the battery (charged 5 times) looses 2% in about 2 minutes just when the AC is switched on and the props not even spinning?

One last thing I want to mention for the android-noobs like me (I don't like using tablets and smartphones, I rather use real computers):
Turn off auto update in Google Play in the "burger-menu".
While writing this text I noticed it updated to the app to 3.1.50.
So I needed to uninstall it and reinstall the version I want to use, for now 3.1.8.

Hi Folks.

Had the Phantom 3 Standard for years now, since its release and always thought I had a faulty model until today when I found this thread about FCC mode. Turns out all the you tubers I watched talking about it were in the states, hence why they got better range than I.

So I tried the android app listed on the first post "mod_3.1.18_fcc_v3.rar" - it installed fine and connected to the drone but I couldn't even take off because the camera was constantly black. If I pressed the button to switch between video and camera, it would flash on for a second, then go black again. So I dared not take off. I pulled my old iPhone 5 out and used the 'proper' DJI app, and the drone flew fine but obviously still in CE mode.

Did anyone actually get that android app to work on a P3S (Not P3SE)?

Hi Folks.

Had the Phantom 3 Standard for years now, since its release and always thought I had a faulty model until today when I found this thread about FCC mode. Turns out all the you tubers I watched talking about it were in the states, hence why they got better range than I.

So I tried the android app listed on the first post "mod_3.1.18_fcc_v3.rar" - it installed fine and connected to the drone but I couldn't even take off because the camera was constantly black. If I pressed the button to switch between video and camera, it would flash on for a second, then go black again. So I dared not take off. I pulled my old iPhone 5 out and used the 'proper' DJI app, and the drone flew fine but obviously still in CE mode.

It seems Phantom 3 Standard owners can use this tool:

Magic

Last edited:
Hi Folks.

Hi there

I am not experienced with the P3 Standard but it is worth noting that this forum addresses FCC mode switching on P3 SE. Your issue may be as a result of using an app which has been modded for P3SE and may not be compatible with P3S.

Hi, I'm woman from Bulgaria and I fly with Phantom 3 4K.
1. Is this app just for P3SE?
2. Can it be used at P34k and P3S?
3. On both models, the video is only 2.4 Ghz and the channels are not shown (see pictures).
4. Should the drones be old firmware?
5. Can this mod app be synchronized with the AIRDATA as I need it?
6. With Magic Power 4.0 things did not happen to me. In 2 steps I first wrote " Can't connect to RC!!" I pressed the button and the step 2 "Can't telnet to RC!!"

Thank you, Regards Tsvetty.

Attachments

• WIFI34k.jpg
    WIFI34k.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
From what I've read it should be easier for 4K owners to switch to fcc.
This solution mentioned in this thread has evolved bc the existing ways to switch the ACs don't work for the P3SE.

I guess you will have to find out why Magic Power doesn't work.
Maybe try a newer version. 5.3 is the newest.
Watch the tutorial videos or try find help in the appropiate threads under the Phantom 3 4K section.

From what I've read it should be easier for 4K owners to switch to fcc.
This solution mentioned in this thread has evolved bc the existing ways to switch the ACs don't work for the P3SE.

I guess you will have to find out why Magic Power doesn't work.
Maybe try a newer version. 5.3 is the newest.
Watch the tutorial videos or try find help in the appropiate threads under the Phantom 3 4K section.

Yes, of course I do it on the videos of PapaTita but in the 2 step with Magic Power it gives me that the remote is not connected with the drone, but everything is green. Daungrade 2 versions of the firmware back, just the message comes out - first one (see pictures) after the first step has finished completely and I have restarted the devices. Perhaps you need to distribute the RC. separately.

I do not know anymore, yesterday I tried all the methods described to go to the FCC and all were unsuccessful. With Fake GPS, with the modded application for DJI go for P3SE - just nothing worked.

Attachments

• IMG_20190306_175952.jpg
    IMG_20190306_175952.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20190306_180028.jpg
    IMG_20190306_180028.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 374
Yes, of course I do it on the videos of PapaTita but in the 2 step with Magic Power it gives me that the remote is not connected with the drone, but everything is green. Daungrade 2 versions of the firmware back, just the message comes out - first one (see pictures) after the first step has finished completely and I have restarted the devices. Perhaps you need to distribute the RC. separately.

I do not know anymore, yesterday I tried all the methods described to go to the FCC and all were unsuccessful. With Fake GPS, with the modded application for DJI go for P3SE - just nothing worked.

I'll think you have more luck getting help if you ask in the right forum section. :)

Uninsatlled previous version and installed 3.1.46. Gone to the login screen which auto rotated into landscape mode and I can enter my email addresss and password but then it puts up a "captcha" and I cannot get down to a box to enter the letters it shows! tried switching off auto rotate on my NOTE 9 and no joy :-(

Uninsatlled previous version and installed 3.1.46. Gone to the login screen which auto rotated into landscape mode and I can enter my email addresss and password but then it puts up a "captcha" and I cannot get down to a box to enter the letters it shows! tried switching off auto rotate on my NOTE 9 and no joy :-(

Another user had lost in the forum sections :) Read below what @antonh user wrote...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic