Updated GO and FW to v1.11.20 and no issues....

OK, my bad. I was having a bad attitude day I guess. I see I was in error by assuming you were serious. Fact is, I do see a lot of snarky replies on the boards lately and it tends to drive folks off. I see you are not one of those so I will amend my other reply in pennence. Dude is still alive and well up here in Dallas by the way LOL! And being an old fart, growing up in the 70's it's hard to drop an old slanger. I was in high school in 1972 :)

On the update, I haven't seen any posted on DJI since the July 6 bios and that's the one that is causing the issue, apparently across all platforms. Mavic, Phantom 3,4, all seem to be affected. If there's a new one (and I hope there is), I'll keep an eye out for it. And since it was a universal update, its not very clear if it's the update to the RC, the Go software or the quad itself that is causing the problem.
No problem - we all have them Allen, and I guess we're around the same age as I too was in Secondary School in 72....
Oh, BTW, Dude was very, very fit and never knew she moved to Texas. LOL!

Reactions: deltamike
Unfortunately, I have had all the complications outlined, with a crash landing to boot. After 138 successful landings, the bird lost satellite positioning on final descent and less than a foot off the ground. I was following regular procedure and gently setting it down, but the power-down on props wasn't happening. As the bird is sliding along the ground, it started tilting to one side more and more, and then begins to spiral. I gently throttle a couple feet off the ground for reapproach, but it's still kind of spiraling and in the general direction of the side of my house. The spin made orientation extremely difficult and my last effort to "back away" didn't pan out. Wound up colliding with side of my house about 8' off the ground and falling straight down to cement patio top-side down. Props remained on bird, but battery dislodged, shell is damaged, and motor has obstruction. It doesn't feel like a coincidence that the satellite positioning malfunction coincided with this firmware update.

Unfortunately, I have had all the complications outlined, with a crash landing to boot. After 138 successful landings, the bird lost satellite positioning on final descent and less than a foot off the ground. I was following regular procedure and gently setting it down, but the power-down on props wasn't happening. As the bird is sliding along the ground, it started tilting to one side more and more, and then begins to spiral. I gently throttle a couple feet off the ground for reapproach, but it's still kind of spiraling and in the general direction of the side of my house. The spin made orientation extremely difficult and my last effort to "back away" didn't pan out. Wound up colliding with side of my house about 8' off the ground and falling straight down to cement patio top-side down. Props remained on bird, but battery dislodged, shell is damaged, and motor has obstruction. It doesn't feel like a coincidence that the satellite positioning malfunction coincided with this firmware update.

I feel your pain. That was me last year "pre update though". I flew to close to a tree on a windy day and a branch blew up and touched one of my carbon fiber props. Instant shatter and 20ft drop to concrete. Good news, I was able to put it back together again (with spare parts bought on EBay) and I learned quite a lot about the inner workings of a P3P!

Upgraded my P3P to latest of everything using my Galaxy Tab A 8.0.
Absolutely no problems in fact seem better than ever.

Reactions: Numone
Just updated my P3P, RC, and 3 batteries. Update seemed to work fine - had to relink the RC - no problem. Haven't had a chance to fly yet - only nagging thing is that the RC still says firmware update required - but when I tap the notice no specifics come up (would normally state A/C, RC, or battery).

Just updated my P3P, RC, and 3 batteries. Update seemed to work fine - had to relink the RC - no problem. Haven't had a chance to fly yet - only nagging thing is that the RC still says firmware update required - but when I tap the notice no specifics come up (would normally state A/C, RC, or battery).
Well - updating to the latest version of DJI Go seemed to fix this little quirk.

Reactions: Numone and Simzy666
Just updated yesterday my P3P at 1.11.20 and radio 1.9.2

I had some flight tests, no problems with Litchi 4.0.2, all was ok! With DJI Go 3.1.8 some problems due to lag on video transmission, and a video signal loss at 300 meters distance and 30 meters height. In every condition DJI Go is worst than Litchi, but in any case my P3P did not have problems in air. I'll do some tests on long distance in the next days.

I had the 1.10 version before, and I hadn't problems also with this.

Reactions: Simzy666
Just updated yesterday my P3P at 1.11.20 and radio 1.9.2

I had some flight tests, no problems with Litchi 4.0.2, all was ok! With DJI Go 3.1.8 some problems due to lag on video transmission, and a video signal loss at 300 meters distance and 30 meters height. In every condition DJI Go is worst than Litchi, but in any case my P3P did not have problems in air. I'll do some tests on long distance in the next days.

I had the 1.10 version before, and I hadn't problems also with this.
Hmmmm. Try flying in another location perhaps? As I've experienced in the last week, flying in a location I'd flown two days before, and I couldn't get more than 3,000ftmbefore RTH suddenly kicked-in, when I'd got 9,000ft previously and no sign of a loss of signal at all.
Two days later, same thing, poor performance. Anywhere else, no problem. I've flown a total of 120,000ft with the new updates and no issues. In fact I've never had any issues with any of the DJI update... ever.

Yes, the problem is present everywhere, DJI Go lagging, Litchi very smooth.

But a friend tell me it can be the SD card with no enough performance, in effect the problem of video loss occours always in recording but only in DJI Go. Seems that Litchi is optimized in every action. Monday I'll buy a better SD card to retry.

Yes, the problem is present everywhere, DJI Go lagging, Litchi very smooth.

But a friend tell me it can be the SD card with no enough performance, in effect the problem of video loss occours always in recording but only in DJI Go. Seems that Litchi is optimized in every action. Monday I'll buy a better SD card to retry.
The transmitted video is not recorded to the SD card, so if you're having issues with lagging on the GO telemetry image, AFAIK, changing the SD card won't have any effect.

Galaxy Tab S2- SM-T713-Android 7.0
P3S-App 3.1.8-Version 1.9.20
P3P-App 3.18- Version 1.11.20 - Remote 1.9.2
Litchi v4.0.2
All is well..
Thank you so much for that complete answer. Is the P3P still flying well with those latest updates? If so I will try it. I am up in Colorado flying as high as 13,000 ASL (<400 feet from the ground).
Joe
KC7GHT

I have problems with image transmision losing signall on android phone but not on ios phone.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have problems with image transmision losing signall on android phone but not on ios phone.
Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your probs. Perhaps you'd like to report it in another thread, or start a new one, as this is thread for those who've updated without any issues?

Since this is the sunshine and lollypops thread and not the doom and gloom thread. Can those who installed v1.11.20 and 1.9.2 please tell us in which order they installed the FW? Or is the teh we're 733t enough not to divulge that information to the newbs. (I keed I keed!) But seriously how did you guys do eeet!

Since this is the sunshine and lollypops thread and not the doom and gloom thread. Can those who installed v1.11.20 and 1.9.2 please tell us in which order they installed the FW? Or is the teh we're 733t enough not to divulge that information to the newbs. (I keed I keed!) But seriously how did you guys do eeet!
RC first, AC next, relink the RC to AC and voila... all ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damon0
Updated to 1.11.20 with no issues ,flew a 1 mile round trip mission with Litchi waypoint.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers