Updated GO and FW to v1.11.20 and no issues....

I took the P3P out for a test flight this morning and used my new iPad Pro (10.5", 512Gb, WiFi only) with it for the first time to check to see if the CPU issues persisted. I am very happy to report that I had no issues with the "Device CPU Overloaded" message. Apparently it has a little more horsepower. The iPad did not heat up either like my two iPhones and the iPad mini. Also, to my happiness, the 10.5" iPad will "just" fit on the stock device holder but you have to have it bare, no protective case and it's a bit of a squeeze! I used my iPhone 6 Plus as a wireless hotspot for the iPad Pro and a Bad Elf pro GPS via bluetooth. Still a little bit of lag on the video when it's out a ways and I do lose the picture for a few seconds when snapping a still but that may be normal.
Still concerned that the DJI website shows compatibility with apple devices all the way down to 5c.

Happy Camper again!

After almost a year after the release of 1.11.20 I finally decided to install the FW this weekend. I was using the old firmware and an APK version app (3.1.8) but both the app and P3P started to develop issues.

First I installed the latest Android DJI App before P4. Next I followed the instructions to upgrade the RC firmware. Then I downloaded the zip file from DJI, created a new folder, I then extracted the bin file. I used the supplied USB cable and connected the AC to my laptop. Before moving the FW to the SD card I formatted it as directed on the tutorial on the app.

Once the AC firmware was complete, followed the online instructions to pair the RC and AC. Once paired I got the green light on the RC. I connected my phone via the cable and all was well. I powered everything down and took it to an open field and gave it a flight. It worked perfectly I had zero issues. GPS mode was stable and exerpericed no camera or gimbal issues.

One thing that I'd like to mention was while the aircraft firmware was installing it seemed to stall out for a few minutes. The firmware install tone remained the same but the gimbal light was not alternating red and green. This lasted about 10 minutes. I thought that the firmware might have failed but I decided to not mess with it, I let it do it's thing. After about 10 minutes the aircraft made the start up tone and the gimbal light was solid green.

I'm very happy with my results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT