Updated GO and FW to v1.11.20 and no issues....

Reaction score
I've undertaken the latest SW and FW updates and I can report that the AC flew fine out to 5000'; unfortunately I couldn't go further due to time constraints.
During the test, I undertook a number of manoeuvres enroute to check its operation, including going into ATTI mode (which was interesting in the high wind here today) and, apart from a couple of losses of video for a second or so, which it has always done, it operates perfectly OK. I did not check the IFM's.

The App appears fine too - the maps are there, video is fine, settings all work as they should.

So, given my experience, has anyone else updated Go and the FW to 11.11.20 and can also report zero issues?

5 flights so far and everything is just fine for me as well. Very seldom is someone going to come on here to praise a new firmware update, but the 1% that DO have problems, they will be on here to tell about it for sure. That makes it seem like there are more bad experiences than good.

I didn't have any problems I didn't have before. Mainly not as much range as I would hope (but still decent) and video choppy/freezes, especially on subsequent flights after first. Probably due to Galaxy Tab E on nougat not able to keep up.

Reactions: Numone
I've undertaken the latest SW and FW updates and I can report that the AC flew fine out to 5000'; unfortunately I couldn't go further due to time constraints.
During the test, I undertook a number of manoeuvres enroute to check its operation, including going into ATTI mode (which was interesting in the high wind here today) and, apart from a couple of losses of video for a second or so, which it has always done, it operates perfectly OK. I did not check the IFM's.

The App appears fine too - the maps are there, video is fine, settings all work as they should.

So, given my experience, has anyone else updated Go and the FW to 11.11.20 and can also report zero issues?
Count me in .... as a side note, Litchi has gone from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 hot on trails of 1.11.0090 ... I tested both again today with no issues although my tests were not as rigorous as yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone
I was almost afraid to update to the latest firmware. The last time I upgraded it took all Winter before DJI came out with a decent version of DJI GO that finally allowed my drone to work like it used to. I updated sometime in November and tried about 10 different techniques to try to get it to work (re-linking the controller, downgrading firmware, updating DJI GO, replacing SD card, new tablet, etc, etc) but it was some time in April that a new version of DJI GO was the ultimate cure.

A little over a week ago I got the dreaded "update firmware" alert while flying around during the neighbor's 4th of July party. After a week of denial I finally decided that I would try updating again. I read the forums here and reviewed the procedure. I read that people were re-linking their remotes so I expected to do that but they said there was no update required for the RC. The drone updated just fine but the remote's connection was extremely bad with the controller blinking red and green and terrible image return to my tablet with transmission errors. I tried over and over to re-link the RC before I noticed that I needed to update the RC from 1.8.0 to 1.9.2. OK...that finally worked. Then on to flying it...REALLY flying it to see if it was still as functional as it had been. I drained 3 batteries and am extremely happy with the performance. I got the feeling that it was a little better than before. The video signal seemed much more solid and range was just as good as before, if not better. Phew. I can honestly say that I am happy with this update.

Reactions: Simzy666 and Numone
Hi I am very new on drones and this website anyway I own the phantom 3 advanced and can anyone tell me whats new in the latest update ? also is it mandatory ? whats happening if I ignore the update warning ? Thanks

Yep I had issues with it.

Mine was that the quad hit the 100ft mark and wouldn't fly further claiming I had reached max flight distance, settings checked in the app and nothing turned on for max distance.

I was aware that the update means that you have to have the app running and connected at first power on and each subsequent power on but even though I did have it connected it just refused to let me fly out past 100ft.

In the end on iOS I had to be connected to the quad and then sign out of and back into the app before it would let me fly past the bubble. This meant me tethering my iPad to iPhone to get internet connection.

On my android device I had to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it to work.

Litchi works fine as well.

But I've seen no difference in how the quad behaves so am still wondering if the update was worth it, if anyone asks, if you can live with the nag screen i can't see any reason to update

Hey Guys! I am somewhat new to drones and I have a P3P I purchased used off Craigslist and from day 1 (over a month ago) I had no issues with distance or signal. Video never broken up or anything. I still am somewhat afraid to go extreme distances but have gone close to a mile away....no signal issues or anything.

HOWEVER, being a novice I saw the update pop up while we were on vacation and said "sweet new software"! Well, I should have researched before updating because I have had issues since.

Areas I have flown before update is now losing signal and video. In-and-out signal and more time required to get over 12 satellites acquired. As of last night, I calibrated the IMU and gimbal but not yet flown since those calibrations (I am sure that have nothing to do with the signal...just read somewhere that they always need to be calibrated after FW update).

So, long story short....I am not happy with the 1.11.20 FW update. I have been researching how to downgrade it. It is encouraging to hear some positives with the 1.11.20 software.

I just do NOT understand why I am having issues????? Anyone have suggestions??

I have and can not go over 100m altitude and about same in distant, controller says altitude 500m and the max distance slide is off any help would be greatly appreciated thanks,
Paul

Hey Guys! I am somewhat new to drones and I have a P3P I purchased used off Craigslist and from day 1 (over a month ago) I had no issues with distance or signal. Video never broken up or anything. I still am somewhat afraid to go extreme distances but have gone close to a mile away....no signal issues or anything.

HOWEVER, being a novice I saw the update pop up while we were on vacation and said "sweet new software"! Well, I should have researched before updating because I have had issues since.

Areas I have flown before update is now losing signal and video. In-and-out signal and more time required to get over 12 satellites acquired. As of last night, I calibrated the IMU and gimbal but not yet flown since those calibrations (I am sure that have nothing to do with the signal...just read somewhere that they always need to be calibrated after FW update).

So, long story short....I am not happy with the 1.11.20 FW update. I have been researching how to downgrade it. It is encouraging to hear some positives with the 1.11.20 software.

I just do NOT understand why I am having issues????? Anyone have suggestions??
Well, this was a thread to post when you've upgraded and its created no issues, as the forum is nearly always inundated after every FW update with threads by those who've had a problem, so I thought I'd try to balance this out a bit. Nevertheless, I understand your frustration. All I can say is that I've flown in the same place, with similar conditions on different days and I too have often found differentials in stability of the signal and distance. Just makes no sense....

Well, this was a thread to post when you've upgraded and its created no issues, as the forum is nearly always inundated after every FW update with threads by those who've had a problem, so I thought I'd try to balance this out a bit. Nevertheless, I understand your frustration. All I can say is that I've flown in the same place, with similar conditions on different days and I too have often found differentials in stability of the signal and distance. Just makes no sense....

Sorry for misdirecting the conversation of this thread. However, it is great to hear that the latest version of the FW shows favorable results. I assume that I can reload the latest FW package on the AC and RC in the hopes of better results? Is this possible....or do I have to downgrade the FW on both to the old revision and then updating it to the latest? Sorry...still learning.

Sorry for misdirecting the conversation of this thread. However, it is great to hear that the latest version of the FW shows favorable results. I assume that I can reload the latest FW package on the AC and RC in the hopes of better results? Is this possible....or do I have to downgrade the FW on both to the old revision and then updating it to the latest? Sorry...still learning.
No problem at all.
Re your question, at a guess I'd say you should be able to do that, assuming you've downgraded already? However, if the FW is already the most current - so v1.11.20 - then why do you think reloading it will yield "better results"? The FW is a piece of software and there is only one version, so it's the same for everyone.

Please see THIS post.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20