Update 1.4fw, unstable straight line fly...

when i go to the 1.04.0005 webstire Norton tells me that this is a known malicious website and that there are 12 trojans attached to the website
That is probably right-- DJI's site is being hacked continually by disgruntled P3 owners.;)

Reactions: Mordor
I'm in the same boat. I had the 1.4.05 dev firmware installed and everything worked perfectly. Installed the official firmware and the thing only flies straight after several minutes of flight. I downgraded to 1.03.2 and the bird flies straight, but I cannot push the 1.04.05 dev firmware to gain access to the new features. Those of you who have access to the 1.05 firmware, how does it fly? Is there a work around to install the 1.04.05 dev firmware?

Any info on 1.05? I'm still on 1.3.2 because 1.4.10 doesn't fly straight...I want the new features
I'm curious too. I'm in the middle of downgrading and then upgrading to .0005 and will let you know. If it flies true and has poi, waypoints etc I'll be a happy bunny.
If anyone else has done this please advise the outcome.

I tried that, it won't let me go to 1.4.005 for some reason..let me know how u make out
I'm in the middle of trying but when the beeps and lights didn't match the guide, I searched this forum for how to downgrade. All I found was that it couldn't be done (posts as recent as 20 Sept). Yet people in this thread say they've done it. Any pointers on how?

Edit: Nyr99 you downgraded to 1.3.2.. how did you do it?

I was hoping you'd say that. It's what I've done but the d-dd with yellow flashing lights started, went to dddd for a while and is now back to d-dd with yellow flashing lights. I'm off out for a bit.

Flies strait on mine-- wonder what the difference is?
You would think that everyone or no-one would be affected. Makes diagnosis troublesome..

Anyhow, despite the log file having both success and aborted in it, I appear to have successfully downgraded to 1.3.2+ whatever the plus means.
Took it out for a test flight of 30 seconds and it still drifts, but less than before. I'll recalibrate and retest tomorrow (it's 7pm here in NZ) and if it returns to its rock solid state, then I'll upgrade to .0005 and report back.

Last edited:
You would think that everyone or no-one would be affected. Makes diagnosis troublesome..

Anyhow, despite the log file having both success and aborted in it, I appear to have successfully downgraded to 1.3.2+ whatever the plus means.
Took it out for a test flight of 30 seconds and it still drifts, but less than before. I'll recalibrate and retest tomorrow (it's 7pm here in NZ) and if it returns to its rock solid state, then I'll upgrade to .0005 and report back.
I quote a + at then end after I installed my HDMI board. I re-updated with the same version and the +disappeared.

Be sure that you are not experiencing cross wind drift. , the P will fly a curved path with a significant curve with a cross wind. Over a long distance the curve is imperceptible, but if it is close in it is easy to pick up the drift. If the cross wind is substantial.. It gets worse... Straight is not automatic

Donwgrade:
Download 1.3.2 BIN, insert it on a pré-formated card, insert the bird...wait and downgrade done.
After that, IMU calibration....

So far, 1.3.2, works like a charm.....can`t really understand why some users are affected and others not....

Be sure that you are not experiencing cross wind drift. , the P will fly a curved path with a significant curve with a cross wind. Over a long distance the curve is imperceptible, but if it is close in it is easy to pick up the drift. If the cross wind is substantial.. It gets worse... Straight is not automatic
I'm fairly certain this is not a cross wind adjustment by the phantom as downgrading solved my issue. The curve was significant. If it is a cross wind adjustment algorithm, then it's simply incorrect. Also, after flying for several minutes it would eventually learn to fly straight again. Of course whatever it learned was lost once I switch batteries.

This was the same problem on the Phantom 2...drifted for first minute or so then learned to go straight...Problem i have is that my P3P flew perfect all this time, now all of a sudden with the new firmware it doesn't so this learning thing is BS!

This was the same problem on the Phantom 2...drifted for first minute or so then learned to go straight...Problem i have is that my P3P flew perfect all this time, now all of a sudden with the new firmware it doesn't so this learning thing is BS!
I agree. It's crazy frustrating. I was trying to do a wedding and I had to send the thing up above the trees to learn for a bit. Otherwise it looked like my 4 year old was flying.

Reactions: Mordor

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31