Update 1.4fw, unstable straight line fly...

Donwgrade:
Download 1.3.2 BIN, insert it on a pré-formated card, insert the bird...wait and downgrade done.
After that, IMU calibration....
That's what I did luckily. In fact it worked so quickly I assumed an error and searched 'downgrading' only to find some threads which said it was impossible.
I've not heard of the bird learning to fly in a straight line, but that's good to know. In the meantime today is a bust so I'll have to look at it tomorrow. Sorry.

Yes....i confirm it takes less time to donwgrade....no worry`s...
At the time i wait about 25 minutes just in case.

Tell us your experience with the flight. Don`t forget to make a IMU calibration...before first flight!

Downgraded to 1.3.2 and did full IMU calibration. Redid the compass.. still drifts!

I'm trying to downgrade to 1.2.6 right now; I'll let you know what happens.

Fwiw I got the drone with 1.1.9 and then upgraded via 1.2.6 and 1.3.2 to 1.4.01 (or whatever) without testing the intermediate stages. So 1.1.9 was the only one I flew - and it was rock solid. Happy memories.

Edit: it doesn't seem to want to downgrade any further - has anyone downgraded beyond 1.3.2?

Update: from the log file "The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version."

Maybe I have to downgrade directly to 1.2.6 from 1.4

I'm going to upgrade to .0005 and if it's still drifting, then downgrade to 1.2.6. Back in 24 hours.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm stuck.
Went 1.4.001 (?)(the latest) to 1.3.2+, OK. App 2.3, controller 1.3.2
Tried to go to 1.2.6, no luck
Tried to go to 1.4.0005, no luck
Tried to go to 1.4.001, ok.
App 2.3, controller 1.3.2
Tried to go down to 1.04.0005, no luck.

What should the latest controller version be? 1.4.001 I presume? Yet mine doesn't want to upgrade any more.

I'm stumped.

And the log file seems to be getting info from the drone. I start each attempt at up- or down-grading with a clean, empty sd card yet the log file remembers earlier attempts and appends the latest. The first word on the log is always "success" even if it fails. And the dates are usually, but not always, 1.1.2014..

Last edited:
You can try 1.1.9....i didn`t because 1.3.2 seems to be working well for me....
As i remenber well, when 1.3.2 was out, it was possible donwgrade to 1.1.9.....

Im i wrong?

@NYR Thanks for confirming the controller should be 1.3.2; it's a weight off my mind.
I'll try 1.1.9 and see what happens. It's pretty radical though and a shame to lose all the new abilities. I'll report back.

@NYR Thanks for confirming the controller should be 1.3.2; it's a weight off my mind.
I'll try 1.1.9 and see what happens. It's pretty radical though and a shame to lose all the new abilities. I'll report back.
Pretty sure you can't downgrade past 1.3.2 once you install 1.4

That wouldn`t be cool from DJI....lets wait Jonh Decker feedback.

On a radical aproach, there are hacks to "impose" revert on P3....however don`t know if they still work since update 1.4....

That wouldn`t be cool from DJI....lets wait Jonh Decker feedback.

On a radical aproach, there are hacks to "impose" revert on P3....however don`t know if they still work since update 1.4....
The hacks you talk about must have been what I was reading in the posts that said downgrading was not possible.

I have not been able to downgrade past 1.3.2 either directly from 1.4.1 or from 1.3.2 All I get is this:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0005.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version."

In addition I haven't been able to install .005 either from 1.4.1 or 1.3.2

Since 1.3.2 was not much better than 1.4.1 I'll stay with the latest and maybe play with the gain and expo settings a little.

I did download the .0005.bin file from the same place (I tried twice) - the link on p3(?) in this thread. If anyone else has a link to another version, I'll try that.

I'd like to hear from anyone who successfully installed the .0005 file whether it was down- or up-grading.

I'm open to ideas but I think I've tried all the variations at the moment.
As for DJI stopping you downgrading, well they are saying that for the forthcoming 1.5 release so I guess a block at 1.3.2 isn't so unthinkable. Not nice, but not impossible.

Last edited:
are any of you guys experiencing "No Signal" issues? I lose video feed but do not lose control of the bird, but it is pretty scary when your out there and have no video feed…never had this issue till the recent updates…I am back on 1.3.2 and still having this issue

are any of you guys experiencing "No Signal" issues? I lose video feed but do not lose control of the bird, but it is pretty scary when your out there and have no video feed…never had this issue till the recent updates…I am back on 1.3.2 and still having this issue
Yeah, but the 32 channel hack might help you. Just remember to have the language set to US english!

I am using the 32 channel hack, still having that issue...thanks though...where do you mean having the language set to English? Is that where the channels are?
No, the weird thing is that if you are a good 'Queens English' type, like me, and you like to set your device language to English (UK), it won't work. You have to set it to English (US) and grit your teeth against the oxymoron. Then you get the option of auto or manual and the channel choice. I'll dig out the relevant thread..

Last edited:
Finally I've been able to do my first flight with 1.05 firmware and...it's really great! Bird flew perfectly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattnn