Update 1.4fw, unstable straight line fly...

Well gentleman....it seems we and a few users on RCgroups, are complain about a small "drifting" on the machines....and im talking about some experienced users coming from P1 and Inspire machines...

Guys:

Are you shure when recording and going just forward, it doesn`t drift a little?
Check with your eyes and records....use a road on the ground as reference....
Today I've calibrated the rc and next flight I'll try. I will calibrate also the compass because I've a mod value of 1450~

1450 seems ok...maybe just a little down.....but im not expert on this department...
Share with us your flights opinions.....

Waiting this weekend for more tests.....

1450 seems ok...maybe just a little down.....but im not expert on this department...
Share with us your flights opinions.....

Waiting this weekend for more tests.....
Yes but I'm looking for a perfect straight flight and so before to say that it's not the compass the cause i would like to have it as close as possible to 1500.

Imu check return that is all ok so i will not calibrate imu.

Reactions: Mordor
The weird thing is that i made a IMU before my first fly when i did buy the drone.
After that....just normal compass calibrations, even in places with some metal.....and 0 problems.

Now, after this update, some users report all values are ok, everything check and re.checked, and still it sometimes drifts a little....witch is bad, dangerous if near obstacles and ruins a good moving shoot....

I need tests.....but i have a feeling.....

The weird thing is that i made a IMU before my first fly when i did buy the drone.
After that....just normal compass calibrations, even in places with some metal.....and 0 problems.

Now, after this update, some users report all values are ok, everything check and re.checked, and still it sometimes drifts a little....witch is bad, dangerous if near obstacles and ruins a good moving shoot....

I need tests.....but i have a feeling.....
Yes i notice the same, i hope it will be not necessary to downgrade the firmware. Anyway in that case I'll flash the developers firmware that i had before, works perfectly and I've all the flight modes enabled too.

Unfortunately i can't fly so often in this period because of little time.

Thanks for your contribute. So i presume you`re a beta tester? cool!

I just try here at my room the Litchi software....seems to be very stable. If i don`t succed, i will return to 1.1.9fw, and use for POI the Litchi option...so i will have the best of the 2 worlds...

If i knew it, i would stay on 1.1.9 factory mode and use 3º party software....oh heell, always learning!

Lets hope for the best! Keep the feedback ;-)

Reactions: StevenQX
Thanks for your contribute. So i presume you`re a beta tester? cool!

I just try here at my room the Litchi software....seems to be very stable. If i don`t succed, i will return to 1.1.9fw, and use for POI the Litchi option...so i will have the best of the 2 worlds...

If i knew it, i would stay on 1.1.9 factory mode and use 3º party software....oh heell, always learning!

Lets hope for the best! Keep the feedback ;-)
To use poi with litchi you need the developer firmware 1.4.005 or the latest 1.4.010 for everyone

Ah! I did presume it wouldn`t bee needed.....lolol

Another door closed.....POI or Stable flights, thats the question! ;-)

Tested today, well after a compass calibration it seems to fly fine and perfectly straight. Tested 2 batteries in a strong windy condition. My compass mod value now is 1500~ before was 1450.

Some update:
- Warming warning, at the beginning, seems gone.
- At certains points of filmage i notice drifting, but also the use of the forward joystick, incorrectly...

Need more tests......maybe its starting "learning"....and stabilization...

Another flight yesterday and again it doesn't seem that the bird fly straight. I've to investigate again wtf
Stick input is correct but not the result.

Same s*** here.....i have some good movie plans ruined thanks to this piece of crap firwmare....

Reactions: Goldni
Same s*** here.....i have some good movie plans ruined thanks to this piece of crap firwmare....
I'm asking also on RC Group about this problem and someone told me that DJI know about this issue and a fix will come. I've not yet done an IMU cal, is the only thing i miss to do but i remember that you've done it more than one time...

PS: have you reduced active braking setting? I was wondering if this could be a reason, i've active braking set at 70%...

No i haven`t....maybe gonna try a RC calibration this afternoon.....
Yes i made some posts about this isse on RC and a few users report it too and confirm same problem..

I made 2 IMU so far.....

I've noticed the same thing. Doesn't fly in a straight line and drifts bigtime when it is supposed to be in a GPS stabilized hover. Done IMU/gimble/compass calibration numerous times. It used to be rock solid.

No i haven`t....maybe gonna try a RC calibration this afternoon.....
Yes i made some posts about this isse on RC and a few users report it too and confirm same problem..

I made 2 IMU so far.....

I've noticed the same thing. Doesn't fly in a straight line and drifts bigtime when it is supposed to be in a GPS stabilized hover. Done IMU/gimble/compass calibration numerous times. It used to be rock solid.

I've opened a thread on DJI Forum too and happens on both P3A and P3P.

DJI Forum|P3A do not fly straight after latest 1.4.010 firmware update

Last edited:
Great!

Later i will give my contribute, since im one of the first to notive it!

Good idea!

drifting problem here also, will not fly a straight line anymore, always did before the update…thought it was just me..will try a new IMU cal and RC cal and see what happens…hopefully DJI fixes this fast

I doubt about new calibrations.....but please keep us informed and i hope it solves the problem!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20