Update 1.4fw, unstable straight line fly...

If I recall correctly, once this update is in it can't be replaced with an earlier version. Is that correct?

OK, I upgraded both the controller (1.4.3?) and, after a VERY freaky moment when I powered off too soon on the bird and it just beeped very loudly at me for ten minutes before resuming the update, I have updated the bird.
Upon checking though, it says the bird is 1.4.1+
Is that what everyone else is getting? I'm off to try it. See if the **** thing hovers in place like it did on 1.1.9..

Thanks to Steven for the fw link, the weather finally cleared today after days of having the 1.5 installed. Tbh it was still overcast with wind gusts like crazy, but from what I can tell, my P3A is flying straight again. Stability is better too, but I couldn't test that as well because of windy conditions.

Reactions: Mordor
Well......maybe it was my impression.....need more flights to confirm this.
Weather here wasn`t been very good....

Thank you for the reply!
I have also noticed this issue on the same firmware.

If someone is having control issues then how would that person know if those were not caused by the IMU following an upgrade since that frequently happens in the upgrade process? If you don't calibrate it, then you will never know--

I believe that you can find an adequate consensus on this forum regarding the need to do and IMU calibration following a firmware update. That being said, DJI recommends a gimbal calibration following an IMU calibration.

Cheers:)
On every upgrade I always do the IMU calibration and compass calibration. I too have noticed this drift. Seems that when I fly around a bit it corrects itself but when it occurs it's very apparent.

This past weekend after doing a compass calibration at a new location and after a couple of flights I started a new flight and hovered at about 25' and when I started going forward it was drifting. I'm fairly sure I was not causing it. It did correct itself but I have experienced this on several other occasions and since it always seems to correct itself I just didn't address it.

Since others are seeing this as well, now I think it's some kind of compass or IMU issue perhaps.

Well gentleman....it seems we and a few users on RCgroups, are complain about a small "drifting" on the machines....and im talking about some experienced users coming from P1 and Inspire machines...

Guys:

Are you shure when recording and going just forward, it doesn`t drift a little?
Check with your eyes and records....use a road on the ground as reference....
Records indicate forward stick but lateral drift.

Attachments

• IMG_3841.PNG
    IMG_3841.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 223
So did get 1.5 and stil the same problems.......now i cant roll back to 1.3.2...

So did get 1.5 and stil the same problems.......now i cant roll back to 1.3.2...
I didn't see any improvement with the early release firmware (from earlier in this thread), but I've now upgraded all - battery, rc, drone and app. When it stops blowing and raining I might get to trial it.. but I miss the absolute pinpoint hovering of the 1.1.9 firmware. Nothing since has given me that. Even recording waypoints and then trying to run the flight nearly crashed it when it couldn't get the vertical part right.
I suppose if the satellites are only accurate to with a metre or so, then why should I expect the drone to be better? But it did it before.
I'm disillusioned.

Last edited:
Jonh Decker....you explain exactly what i feel....

I suspect since the introduction of POI and other features, some way, stability was sacrificed...

I tried with all new updates yesterday and while it isn't the pinpoint accuracy it was with 1.1.9 it is the best is been in a long time. Does straight and hovers pretty cleanly. That said it could improve.. as long as things don't go backwards with a new update this is acceptable. Just. Hope things are better for you Mordor.

Just have to live with it....
Maybe is a conspiracy here, but it seems this a path well programmed before by DJI.....

Thanks for all your effort.

Reactions: John Decker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31