[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Specifically, does anyone know if CUSTOM.updateTime is derived from GPS or mobile device system time?

Thanks
You could set the time on the mobile device to be off by 5 minutes and then do a test flight. Then look at the .txt to see if it’s correct or not.

Reactions: sar104
I got the echo that the tool doesn't work very well with some of the newest logs
so I made some modifications and released new version - this time it will be beta version since I tested it only on the single log file

Thanks for the fast fix - that certainly works with the Mavic Enterprise file that caused the problem.

I got the echo that the tool doesn't work very well with some of the newest logs
so I made some modifications and released new version - this time it will be beta version since I tested it only on the single log file

Super nice work as always ferraript. The beta version seems to be reading all data with the M2 platform. However, the CsvView 3.6.3 version does not recognize newer .csv versions from the TXTlogToCSVtool. CsvView 3.6.3 does work with the .txt file from the device hosting the DJI GO4 software.

Thanks to all who contribute to these updates!

CsvView has a clever method to detect when the TXTlogToCSVtool that it uses has been updated. CsvView then explains how to get the newer version of TXTlogToCSVtool and how to install it and not have to wait for yhe new version of CsvView. The problem is that this clever method doesn't work for the new TXTlogToCSVtool . :(

So, if you want to use the newer TXTlogToCSVtool you'll have to install it in the directory
<CsvView Install Directory>/executables
On my system that's
C:\Program Files (x86)\CsvView\executables

The next version of CsvView will have the newest TXTlogToCSVtool

I totally forgot to upload it to the Google server. (You could have let me know.) Anyway I updated it a while ago, so I hope it'll work again.
I’m confused I guess. I thought the problem was with my clever methodology. Anyway, I recently distributed a version of CsvView that has your latest version.

OK, good. I'm no expert, so can someone tell me why I would want csv files and what I would do with them?

so can someone tell me why I would want csv files and what I would do with them?
Most people use it to troubleshoot drone issues or locate missing drones. If you're not doing either of those things, you probably won't need the logs for anything.

Hi and thanks again for you support on this tool ! I have trouble to convert these 3 files with your tool, the current version or the beta version. On 2 of them I don't get an error but the output file is empty or misformated, on the last one ([14-52-02]) I get an error "$...... is not an integer value". Do you have an idea of what's going wrong ?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-07_[08-43-25].txt
    522 KB · Views: 252
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-07_[14-40-19].txt
    370.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-07_[14-52-02].txt
    881.5 KB · Views: 224
Hi and thanks again for you support on this tool ! I have trouble to convert these 3 files with your tool, the current version or the beta version. On 2 of them I don't get an error but the output file is empty or misformated, on the last one ([14-52-02]) I get an error "$...... is not an integer value". Do you have an idea of what's going wrong ?
My own TXT analysis tool ("djiparsetxt") couldn't handle your files either. It seems that they got corrupted somehow. If you get this problem on *all* of your TXT files, then perhaps you are not copying them from your smartphone properly?

Reactions: BudWalker
Thanks for you answers ! So it seems to works with my log viewer so the data should not be corrupted. I hope ferraript will find this little bug :) thanks guys !

no, it's not a bug
I am analyst and programmer but no magician - it's practically impossible to do anything without DJI GO sources (otherwise it would require a lot of time which I don't have)
those files break many principles that my tool needs and uses
for example right from the first bytes of the files, DETAILS pointer points somewhere else - that's why DETAILS section shows nonsense
I fixed pointers only to find out many more problems
third file can't be converted (without editing) because header is one byte longer - why? who knows

I can only congratulate to @msinger that his log viewer can handle these files - it even displays much more rows than my tool
I won't be able to fix these problems, at least not in the near future

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic