[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Can you attach one of your TXT files here so we can try it?

Hi. this is an example mini file. Its not converted completely (last seconds are not in the csv) by the txt to csv converter.
In the camera sn field is always a illegal character, wich causes an error of i try to load that csv into a my own program.
Verbose csv is shorter than the listing on phantom help.

Try to contact the maker of the txt to csv program, but he/she doesn`t respond.

cheers
JJB

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-11-28_[21-05-09].txt
    43.5 KB · Views: 341
Hi. this is an example mini file. Its not converted completely (last seconds are not in the csv) by the txt to csv converter.
In the camera sn field is always a illegal character, wich causes an error of i try to load that csv into a my own program.
Verbose csv is shorter than the listing on phantom help.

Try to contact the maker of the txt to csv program, but he/she doesn`t respond.

cheers
JJB

Using your file I get exactly the same csv file from running the converter program or downloading the verbose csv file from PhantomHelp. I can see the strange character in the SN, but it doesn't cause any problems.

In the camera sn field is always a illegal character, wich causes an error of i try to load that csv into a my own program
You could filter out the bad data on your end when loading it. That of course wouldn't correct the bad data though.

1575072412028.png

Using your file I get exactly the same csv file from running the converter program or downloading the verbose csv file from PhantomHelp. I can see the strange character in the SN, but it doesn't cause any problems.
Hi Sar,

Reading your answer i had to try it again, using the TXTlogToCSVtool 2018/04/21 and 2018/06/11. Decrypting this file gives a error, see screenshot.
So wich version do you use ?

if i use 2019/03/10 than i get a JPF error, decryptig stops.Strange as export JPGsis not selected.

cheers
JJB

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
You could filter out the bad data on your end when loading it. That of course wouldn't correct the bad data though.

View attachment 115880
oke, but i use the TxtToCSV in a program wich reads after decrypting the CSV. And ofourse you can open and filter out but after filtering out you cannot save the file as a csv like the original (well, have to try that out in some fifferent ways again)
cheers
JJB

Hi Sar,

Reading your answer i had to try it again, using the TXTlogToCSVtool 2018/04/21 and 2018/06/11. Decrypting this file gives a error, see screenshot.
So wich version do you use ?

if i use 2019/03/10 than i get a JPF error, decryptig stops.Strange as export JPGsis not selected.

cheers
JJB

I'm using the 2019/03/10 version. No errors on that file.

I released new experimental version.
It fixes the issue when stored JPG file is corrupt.
The tool will now skip those wrong bytes.

I also released separate version of the tool for Mavic Mini users.
The logs from DJI Fly have a little bit different structure and I have no clever way of finding out (at the beginning of the process) which path to go.
The separate version basically reads DETAILS section correctly and doesn't skip first few rows of data (like original version does).

Note: There will be no support for new record types in the future since DJI GO and DJI Fly are not decompilable for a long time now.

Happy flying in 2020 ;)

The logs from DJI Fly have a little bit different structure and I have no clever way of finding out (at the beginning of the process) which path to go.
The separate version basically reads DETAILS section correctly and doesn't skip first few rows of data (like original version does).

Note: There will be no support for new record types in the future since DJI GO and DJI Fly are not decompilable for a long time now.

Happy flying in 2020 ;)

As always - thank you for all your work on this tool.

Happy flying in 2020 ;)
Thanks for the mini version. Is it because of your last sentence that in the mini log are less warnings ?

Hi folks, I'm glad to present you the result of my work.
A lot of us have been unhappy, because until now, there was no offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter.
And after websites such as HealthyDrones and djilogs.com started to charge for their services, I decided I really need some offline converter. So I created it by myself.

It's quite simple, all you need to do is select input TXT file and output CSV file and press the GO button. There is also option to export JPG images, if they are present in the log.

I don't plan to add graphs, statistics or something like that.
My thanks goes to (for me) unknown person, who published some sources at this site, so I was able to put missing pieces together.

If you find any error, let me know.
Enjoy ;)

Notice 1: It is confirmed that the TXT logs of Inspire, and also TXT logs from iOS app, have a little bit different structure (not known to me), so, please, don't be surprised when you see some strange values

Notice 2: Some of you requested the structure of the TXT log, so, here you have it too
- edit: since DJI GO 2.8.4, TXT logs are encrypted, so the structure file is useless

Notice 3: Tool can be also run from command line like this, example:
TXTlogToCSVtool "C:\temp\inputFile.txt" "C:\temp\outputFile.csv" J I G
It will try to read inputFile.txt and write the output into outputFile.csv.
Optional parameters:
J ... it will also export JPGs, if they are present in the log
I ... imperial units will be used
G ... it will also export GPX file

Notice 4: The tool is freeware and it is intended for your own personal use only.

Notice 5: Please, don't ask for decrypting algorithm. It's not shareable. Explanation here.

Notice 6: DJI is adding some misleading bytes into newer logs, so if primary version from TXTlogToCSVtool.zip doesn't work, try experimental version from TXTlogToCSVtool-exp.zip. For Mavic Mini logs, it's best to use TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.zip.

actual version is from 2019/12/29

What is a CSV file and why do you need one?

What is a CSV file and why do you need one?

The txt logs are encoded, and not readable. You need to decode them and convert to a standard format (CSV - comma-separated variables) in order to look at the data.

Budwalker asked me if I could look into the issues I wrote about in my post
luckily it wasn't difficult to fix them so I released new versions
yes, and they work great again. Guess DJI changed things in their MM files, many errors seen in the app are not written in the log (or mayby not decrypted)
But happy the MM files convert now without a problem, thanks

@ferraript : I just tested your TXTlogToCSVtoolMM.exe (version 2019/12/29) and it seems to work well, thank you! I load the CSVs into Dashware to create video overlays with flight data, and noticed that the values for CENTER_BATTERY.current [A] were way too small (e.g. 0.03). They need to be multiplied by 100 to get actual Amps. I fixed that in my Dashware Data Profile, but you might want to correct it in your tool as well. I had to fix a couple other things compared to the CSVs I was getting out of my P3S, but overall it was quite simple to adapt my old Data Profile to the Mavic Mini. Thank you again.

I load the CSVs into Dashware to create video overlays with flight data, and noticed that the values for CENTER_BATTERY.current [A] were way too small (e.g. 0.03). They need to be multiplied by 100 to get actual Amps. I fixed that in my Dashware Data Profile, but you might want to correct it in your tool as well.
thanks for the info
did you also compare my output to the output of DatCon? (if my values multiplied by 100 are similar to the DatCon values)
because it looks like there are other columns that don't seem right (obviously DJI changed structure of SMART_BATTERY_GROUP recordType that is used for those CENTER_BATTERY values)

thanks for the info
did you also compare my output to the output of DatCon? (if my values multiplied by 100 are similar to the DatCon values)
because it looks like there are other columns that don't seem right (obviously DJI changed structure of SMART_BATTERY_GROUP recordType that is used for those CENTER_BATTERY values)

Sorry, I did not compare it to anything else. As for the x100 factor, I just guessed it, but it seems a little low: the Mavic Mini comes with a 2400mAh battery; conservatively, let's say 2000mAh are usable; with a flight time of 20 minutes, that would give you an average current of 6A... yet I see max 4A, even in Sport mode. Maybe the values must be multiplied by 200... hard to tell.

new experimental and MM versions are out
- I realized that in case when invalid record was found I was skipping too much data -> so now more lines will be in the output
- new column APP_MESS.message is in the output - it contains warnings, annoucements or other messages, that are not present in APP_TIP, APP_WARN and APP_SER_WARN columns

new experimental and MM versions are out

Hello ferraript....

I am new to drones, and just bought a Mavic Mini. I would like to look at the log files that are available to me. After reading over this thread several times, it seemed that the correct file to down load for my Mavic Mini is: TXTlogToCSVtooIMM I have down loaded and extracted this file.

Please excuse me for asking such a remedial question, but how do I retrieve the log files from the mini to import into the above program?

Thank you so much,

mraroid

Hello ferraript....

I am new to drones, and just bought a Mavic Mini. I would like to look at the log files that are available to me. After reading over this thread several times, it seemed that the correct file to down load for my Mavic Mini is: TXTlogToCSVtooIMM I have down loaded and extracted this file.

Please excuse me for asking such a remedial question, but how do I retrieve the log files from the mini to import into the above program?

Thank you so much,

mraroid
Go to this site
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
scroll down until you see
Locating Your Flight Logs

Reactions: msinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members