[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Thank you very much, I had overlooked that. Now the data seems to import ok, but it is not shown in any gauges except for map / GPS position (even lat/long text does not change). I tried adding custom values to a gauge with variables from the profile as input but no luck so far, the value remains zero. Anyway, I'm one step further than before, thanks again.

where would the latest tool reside so i can make sure i have all the updates Thank you

Is there a legend file so i can better educate myself on what all the headings mean (some are very easy to interpret but some its foreign to me)
so far not, maybe in the future
in most of the cases the names of the columns are speaking for themselves and those few exceptions are unknown to us too

Just a suggestion - maybe create an open file so everyone can help contribute
Heading / description / units / range

P.s. Thank you for this great tool that will help many understand their toys

in most of the cases the names of the columns are speaking for themselves and those few exceptions are unknown to us too

When I started looking into these, every column was a black magic for me. Then after learning what it does, it becomes trivial. I think documenting these would be great, as for me that was a high entry barrier, and I'm sure many people bounce of it.

Currently there are a lot of findings, but they're very distributed:
- some are in TXT FlightRecord Converter
- some are in DatCon column names
- some are in DatCon source code if you open Java files in text editor
- some are in Wireshark dissectors, as comments displayed in bottom status bar
- some are in Wireshark dissectors, but only visible if you open LUA scripts in text editor

Each of these tools is living its own life and the data is being continuously updated.
Furthermore, some values have different names in every tool.

For every column, I'd love to have: unit, min and max value, typical value (or typical range), description using different words than the field name, alternative names, details regarding where the value comes from and what it means.

Collaborating on such documentation is a great idea.

When I started looking into these, every column was a black magic for me. Then after learning what it does, it becomes trivial. I think documenting these would be great, as for me that was a high entry barrier, and I'm sure many people bounce of it.

Currently there are a lot of findings, but they're very distributed:
- some are in TXT FlightRecord Converter
- some are in DatCon column names
- some are in DatCon source code if you open Java files in text editor
- some are in Wireshark dissectors, as comments displayed in bottom status bar
- some are in Wireshark dissectors, but only visible if you open LUA scripts in text editor

Each of these tools is living its own life and the data is being continuously updated.
Furthermore, some values have different names in every tool.

For every column, I'd love to have: unit, min and max value, typical value (or typical range), description using different words than the field name, alternative names, details regarding where the value comes from and what it means.

Collaborating on such documentation is a great idea.

i would love to help so i can understand them as well and if i have time i can create in xls to turn on and off certain columns too view what is of interest to certain search because to scroll across the field its taking a lot of time

As promised here: [TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter, I have reverse-engineered DJI’s “.txt” log file format, and have made available Open Source code for (command-line) applications that:
1/ Read a DJI “.txt” file, outputting a ‘comma-separated value’ (CSV) file (that can be input to a spreadsheet), and
2/ Read a CSV file, outputting a KML-format file (that can be read by Google Earth, to display your drone’s track).
(These two applications can be combined (piped) together, so you can generate a KML-format file directly from a DJI “.txt” file.)

You can find this (documentation plus source code) online at:
Documenting the Format of DJI Log Files (http://djilogs.live555.com/)

We also have a public mailing list - "[email protected]555.com” - that people can use to discuss this software (and the “.txt” log format in general). Information about this mailing list can be found at the web site noted above.

(Note that I won’t be posting any more on this thread - so if you have any questions/comments about this software, please use our mailing list, rather than this thread.)

Ross.

Reactions: rez and quaddamage
no, this information is not present in the logs
Unfortunately :/

what for? you are pushing it...
I chose 6 decimal digits because it gives precision 16 cm (6")
even GPS is not so precise, so there is absolutely no sense of using more decimal digits

Isn't the GPS position logged the corrected one - I.E, mixing GPS signal and accelerometers readouts ? In which case they may be some instances where the flight controller could sense such small variations.
But, True, the base GPS signal would not be as precise anyway. I was asking because the UI let you set 9 digits - so why not the console version :).

Thanks for these answers !

I am running this tool in a batch file and once in a while it gives an error (Access violation at address XYZ in module). And the batch stops until user hits Ok button on the error dialog.

1. I wonder why is that and if it can be rectified?
2. Can you include an option that suppresses this dialog so it can go ahead with the batch of conversion without user's input?
2. Can you set the %errorlevel% variable in this tool, so one can get a report of what conversion have been problematic (for future investigation)?

Thanks

I am running this tool in a batch file and once in a while it gives an error (Access violation at address XYZ in module). And the batch stops until user hits Ok button on the error dialog.
I'm seeing the same thing.

I am running this tool in a batch file and once in a while it gives an error (Access violation at address XYZ in module). And the batch stops until user hits Ok button on the error dialog...
1. no idea, maybe the input file is invalid or broken in some way ( -> does the problem occur every time you run the same batch?)
2. if you can tell me how to do it, I can try
otherwise not, because CL version was never planned when I first created the tool so it's something like bonus feature that I'm glad it's even working at all

1. no idea, maybe the input file is invalid or broken in some way ( -> does the problem occur every time you run the same batch?)
2. if you can tell me how to do it, I can try
otherwise not, because CL version was never planned when I first created the tool so it's something like bonus feature that I'm glad it's even working at all

I think I know in what circumstances the error happens. It's not just related to running it via CLI as it gives same error in GUI mode too. It happens for particular TXT files when option "G" is enabled or GPX is checked in GUI. Otherwise, it converts without any issues.

Regarding the ERRORLVL reporting, if I know what programming language you've written this tool with, I might be able to help. C++ ?

Thanks

I think I know in what circumstances the error happens. It's not just related to running it via CLI as it gives same error in GUI mode too. It happens for particular TXT files when option "G" is enabled or GPX is checked in GUI. Otherwise, it converts without any issues.
Regarding the ERRORLVL reporting, if I know what programming language you've written this tool with, I might be able to help. C++ ?
Thanks
if you can send me TXT file that gives that error, I'll look into it
it's Delphi application written in Pascal

"

Anybody smart enough has to agree with me. BudWalker, the guy who invented decoding algorithm for my tool, supports me with this too.
End of story.
I don't blame you at all for not "giving it up." I don't give up my source to anybody that doesn't pay for it.

(Note that I won’t be posting any more on this thread - so if you have any questions/comments about this software, please use our mailing list, rather than this thread.)
Good riddance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic