[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

flyNfrank, what I know about those columns is based only on logs that I saw and on the flight stories those logs come from
first two, I have no idea
isNotEnoughForce is used to indicate that motors can't produce enough power for the bird to fly; usually it's followed by message "motors obstructed"
with gpsLevel I came to the same conclusion as you did; I have no other information about it

Good feedback. There very well could come a time that I would want to create a dashware gauge for those that I listed. But only if I know what they are connected to, other wise they're useless if we don't know their details.

I was thinking if we talked about the data columns in a more public setting someone interested may be able to help put some of the puzzle pieces together.

I'm glad the mentioned GPS data column functions on a number scale. That so much better then the ones that are on a true or false output.

I'm reviewing a log after a battery issue using this tool, i can see TRUE values in isNotEnoughForce where the OSD.flightAction colum is showing "SeriousLowVoltageLanding" and the SMART_BATTERY.status column shows "VoltageLowNeedLand".So I think there are more cases this may show, relative to battery as well. In my case, I didn't have any motors obstructed, but did see the propulsion limited message. Volts dropped too low and it couldn't stay up. Happy to share the log if interested.

I'm reviewing a log after a battery issue using this tool, i can see TRUE values in isNotEnoughForce where the OSD.flightAction colum is showing "SeriousLowVoltageLanding" and the SMART_BATTERY.status column shows "VoltageLowNeedLand".So I think there are more cases this may show, relative to battery as well. In my case, I didn't have any motors obstructed, but did see the propulsion limited message. Volts dropped too low and it couldn't stay up. Happy to share the log if interested.

I'd like to take a look at the log you mentioned. I'm not sure what it is you're trying to point out though?

I'd like to take a look at the log you mentioned. I'm not sure what it is you're trying to point out though?

You had asked ferraript if he had any knowledge of what the three different data columns consisted of .. was trying to convey that i believe the "isNotEnoughForce" is either TRUE or FALSE. And, that in my logs it went from FALSE to TRUE, when it hit battery voltage warnings, indicating that TRUE is a state where voltage could not produce enough force to keep the aircraft flying. I really dont know what I'm talking about, but wanted to help

Last edited:
You had asked ferraript if he had any knowledge of what the three different data columns consisted of .. was trying to convey that i believe the "isNotEnoughForce" is either TRUE or FALSE. And, that in my logs it went from FALSE to TRUE, when it hit battery voltage warnings, indicating that TRUE is a state where voltage could not produce enough force to keep the aircraft flying. I really dont know what I'm talking about, but wanted to help ;)

Here's a link to the PhantomLogs log, you should be able to download the flight log txt file and convert over. I was not able to get the DAT file from the aircraft for this one.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Your input is appreciated. So when I asked @ferraript about the data names I had listed, I wanted to know which parts of the A/C they pertained to. (OSD.isAcceletorOverRange, OSD.isVibrating, OSD.isNotEnoughForce)

For an example such as....OSD.isVibrating. With having no idea I can only guess as what is may be connected to. That leaves me with possibly the prop/motor, or the camera lens, or the compass giro? And the same goes for the others listed as well as some I didn't mention. If there is talk about them, maybe info will come about?

I don't think that website is setup yet to download a txt version. You can place the file in a folder and zip it. Then attach here same as if it were a image.

Your input is appreciated. So when I asked @ferraript about the data names I had listed, I wanted to know which parts of the A/C they pertained to. (OSD.isAcceletorOverRange, OSD.isVibrating, OSD.isNotEnoughForce)

For an example such as....OSD.isVibrating. With having no idea I can only guess as what is may be connected to. That leaves me with possibly the prop/motor, or the camera lens, or the compass giro? And the same goes for the others listed as well as some I didn't mention. If there is talk about them, maybe info will come about?

I don't think that website is setup yet to download a txt version. You can place the file in a folder and zip it. Then attach here same as if it were a image.

Here's the log

Last edited:
Reactions: flyNfrank
he pointed out that isNotEnoughForce doesn't necessarily means that motors are obstructed, but also that there may be not enough battery power
thanks for info by the way, Digdat0

I don't think that website is setup yet to download a txt version.
there is always link under the map, marked "Download Flight Log"

is that original DJI battery?
I believe it's not, am I right?
almost whole flight it shows 100 %
and at the end, voltage is very very low, I wouldn't trust that battery anymore, it may be seriously damaged
you are very lucky it didn't die midflight

is that original DJI battery? I believe it's not, am I right? almost whole flight it shows 100 %
and at the end, voltage is very very low, I wouldn't trust that battery anymore, it may be seriously damaged you are very lucky it didn't die midflight

That is an original DJI battery, but its a modded battery I got it from Horizons. I have an external pack hooked to it, so thats why you are seeing it a bit odd.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why the battery showed 80%
battery percentage is based on the remaining capacity reported by the battery's circuit
and I think that DJI battery's circuit can't deal correctly with that additional battery pack
if you intend to fly with this battery mod anyway after this incident, I suggest you to ignore the percentage number and watch for voltage number only

but as you said, this isn't the thread for discussion about your battery, so I would like to end it
good luck ;)

Hello folks, the TXTlogToCSVtool.exe looks like a great tool, but I'm unable to use the resultant CSV in DashWare, I'm new with this tools, what can I be doing wrong?
I convert the log files with the TXTlogToCSVtool.exe tool into CSVs but I don't know which profile use in DashWare, I saw there is an XML file for Phantom 3 (Pro) but I don't understand how to use this XML file.

I use HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters to convert my Phantom 3 Pro TXT log files to CSV and they work great with DashWare, how can I achive the same results using this tool?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dashware works with ffmpeg.exe plus CODEC. May be Frank, fdnyfish
has a good idea for us for 4K rendering of Dashware? Please.
H.

Dashware works with ffmpeg.exe plus CODEC. May be Frank, fdnyfish
has a good idea for us for 4K rendering of Dashware? Please.
H.

First of all, thank you very much @Luap your reply make things so smoothly!

@Hans here us what I'm doing to achieve 4K video overlays, I had a lot of trouble trying to export a video greater than 1280x720 for some unknown and crazy reason, I have a high end computer that can handle that resolution without problem, so, it is odd... but HERE IS the solution I found, is kind of a workaround...
  • I create a 720p version of my 4K (4096x2160) video using FFmpeg, command at the end.
  • I used the 720p version of the video to work in DashWare and all the gague elements I put on were big, each one use at least 20% of the screen space.
  • After synchronizing the video I added a custom gauge, a plain blue rectangle to fill the whole screen, 1280x720px, you can use either green or blue BUT keep in mind NOT to use the rectangle color in any of the gauges.
  • I send the new green or blue background to the end of the layers so all the gauges are on top of it.
  • I exported the video to 720p and get back into Adobe Premiere CC, added the video as an overlay.
  • I added the ultra-key effect choosing the background color (chroma key)
  • Then, using the crop filter, I removed the gauges I don't wanted to show.
  • Repeat the process so you'll have each gauge in a different layer.
Voilà... you have gagues over your 4K video in Premiere ready to be exported to 4K.

Here is the command I used in FFmpeg, notice the "^" sign is to break lines to make it more readable, similar to "\" in unix-like terminals, the command converts any color space to YUV with a chroma subsamplig of 4:2:0 which is the default in H.264, it also resize the video to fit 1280x720 adding the necessary padding which is my case because the different aspect ratio of a real 4K video, it doesn't include sound into the encoding and add a max keyframe distance of 24 frames which is a way to make it more responsive while scrubbing, ideal for the synchronization process:

Code:
ffmpeg ^
-y ^
-hide_banner ^
-i 4kvideo.mov ^
-pix_fmt yuv420p ^
-vf "scale=min(iw*720/ih\,1280):min(720\,ih*1280/iw),pad=1280:720:(1280-iw)/2:(720-ih)/2" ^
-c:v libx264 ^
-preset fast ^
-crf 22 ^
-x264opts "keyint=24:scenecut=-1" ^
-an ^
-movflags +faststart ^
output.mp4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members