[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Aren't they now encrypted with AES? And the key changes based on your device?

I've heard about that on other forums. If that's the case, it can be done, sure - but that's O-Gs level, as you have to reverse-engineer JNI libraries within the application.

Reactions: crash1sttime
If the (AES) key is different, depending on your device, then that would make it impossible for DJI - or anyone else - to analyze a log file that you uploaded to them. Instead, you would need to upload both a log file, and information about your device (from which they could derive the key).

The only alternative would be for the key (or the device-specific information from which the key is derived) to somehow be part of the log file - i.e., in plaintext. I.e., if DJI is still able to analyze log files that you upload to them, then you'd have to conclude that either (1) the AES key is static (i.e., the same for everyone), or else (2) it's in the log file somewhere.

If the (AES) key is different, depending on your device, then that would make it impossible for DJI - or anyone else - to analyze a log file that you uploaded to them.
Right. And it's only different by device since the device created the log file. No two devices can create the same log file.

Source:

1620473708275.png

Last edited:
Instead, you would need to upload both a log file, and information about your device
You seem to assume that DJI does not upload as much information as possible about you to Chinese servers. Not sure how it is now, but it was proven to not be the case in the past.

I didn't looked at the files myself, but heard that if you try to copy app data to another mobile, the app will not be able to read them. Not sure if it was about log files, or other data, or everything.

OK, so from this we conclude that (a small) part of a (new-format) log file contains a (device-specific) AES key, encrypted using a public key. And this can be decrypted only by DJI (because only they have the corresponding public key).

So this means that 3rd-party log file analyzer tools will no longer be possible - unless they have an agreement with DJI :-(

So this means that 3rd-party log file analyzer tools will no longer be possible - unless they have an agreement with DJI
That is correct.

I bet someone will crack it eventually

I bet someone will crack it eventually
I'm working with DJI to update my log viewers. While anything is possible (somehow), cracking this encryption would be highly unlikely.

FYI, my log viewer has been updated:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie