The Phantom 3 Standard can still stand proud and love it

Reaction score
Anyone else feel their 3 Standard still produces very good footage and performs well? i really want a 4 or Mavic but then i look at my recent videos and think the 3S produces nice footage and edits well.

The only thing i feel that's missing is not having 60fps in full HD 1080p.

Anyone else feel the same?

This my latest short vid
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Then this one was made recently and love the way it was edited to the music.

i am still new to this but learning all the time and loving my 3 Standard.

Be great to see other peoples 3 Standard footage :)

Thanks

Last edited:
I also still love my p3s. They don't have all the bells and whistles, but they preform great. I am currently working on my next video!

i cant wait to get back out when the weather is sunny.

Please share your fave video

I just got my P3S and love it here is a video of my buddy and sons visit
Ive never really messed with a video camera I'm also learning how to edit in IMovie

With mine. I find the gimbal actually amazingly stable, it was a serious upgrade from the p2.
I mostly shoot stills, but will post when i finish shooting my video. Heres a couple of good stills. two are from the outer banks NC. These aren't my best, just the best i can find right now.
effected.JPG
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 1.22.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 1.22.42 PM.png

I just got my P3S and love it here is a video of my buddy and sons visit
Ive never really messed with a video camera I'm also learning how to edit in IMovie

nice to see, good footage if this was your first shoot. Liked the sunset/sunrise section

With mine. I find the gimbal actually amazingly stable, it was a serious upgrade from the p2.
I mostly shoot stills, but will post when i finish shooting my video. Heres a couple of good stills. two are from the outer banks NC. These aren't my best, just the best i can find right now.
View attachment 80764 View attachment 80767 View attachment 80765

i find i barely take photos now, i should not loose toch with this as this is what i did when i first got the drone, took photos.

Great pics by the way, the first was noisy but nothing Photoshop couldnt take care of ;)

love the 3rd photo

i find i barely take photos now, i should not loose toch with this as this is what i did when i first got the drone, took photos.

Great pics by the way, the first was noisy but nothing Photoshop couldnt take care of ;)

love the 3rd photo

Surprisingly, the noise is somewhat what i was going for. The original wasn't noisy at all. Its really just the result of to much editing. (if there is such a thing) I kinda wanted a almost animated, noisy look for it. Thank you for the compliments.

I do like my Standard. I just got a P3P but I may keep the Standard for close flights.

Reactions: Green Phantom
Yes! Ph3 std still does its job.

Those are some videos I have done with it.

Yes! Ph3 std still does its job.

Those are some videos I have done with it.

Fantastic videos, watched each one and thought they are all great.

Do you have a YouTube channel? I'd like to sub each other if you do. Mine is in signature

Reactions: espinozapablo1986
Fantastic videos, watched each one and thought they are all great.

Do you have a YouTube channel? I'd like to sub each other if you do. Mine is in signature
Sure! I will subscribe to yours. I am always trying to get nice footage everywhere I go.
I realized how important is lighting (golden hour for ex) and the use of ND filters to avoid stuttering video.
My gimbal had some vibrations that I think I fixed by tightening some screws on the base of it, but I haven't had the chance to test that out yet.
Greetings from Chile.

Sure! I will subscribe to yours. I am always trying to get nice footage everywhere I go.
I realized how important is lighting (golden hour for ex) and the use of ND filters to avoid stuttering video.
My gimbal had some vibrations that I think I fixed by tightening some screws on the base of it, but I haven't had the chance to test that out yet.
Greetings from Chile.

Oh brill, I just got a filter lens the other day which I'm yet to use. Do they actually help the films fps? I heard they do give a more film style look. Also reduces the brightness like sun glare. Then makes it better to edit it later.

Do you have a link to your channel for me to sub to?

I'm well happy enough with my P3S and vids. I've a few on youtube. I like this one which shows clarity.

very clear nice sharp image and love the natural colours.

you got your channel?
mine is ADMR1985

Reactions: espinozapablo1986
I have been flying my standard for over a year now and I love it. I take primarily stills and it has made for some nice pictures on the walls in my house.
Went on a road trip and got what I think are some of my best shots. (edited slightly brighter for printing purposes)

DJI_0159.jpg

DJI_0151.jpg

The P3S does amazing for its age, but when shooting anything with detail it is lacking. Just waiting for my next vacation or road trip and some nice weather to get some more shots with it.

My biggest problem is with the editing software. I either have to use my phone or my computer (which is pretty old). I can't justify a new computer that I would only use for editing. Anyone have suggestions for software that doesn't need a high power Pc to use? Reasonably priced or free?

very clear nice sharp image and love the natural colours.

you got your channel?
mine is ADMR1985
I do, but most poor. The only other 2 I'm okay with are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31