The Phantom 3 Standard can still stand proud and love it

I have two P3S's. #1 won't stand to have the compass calibrated for some reason, but it flies ok except that it won't hover if there is a breeze. #2 works like it is supposed to. I am still in the learning stages, and only fly them out in the country, which is a two minute drive away. I haven't done any videos worth posting, although I do a few every session so I can watch and pick out places to improve.

I, too, am impressed with the quality of both videos and still pics. I have taken some nice shots from the video by Prtscn and paste as well.

I use Irfanview for my stills. It is free and has enough features to suit my needs. I have only just dabbled a wee bit with video.

Reactions: Green Phantom
I love my 3S I get complements all the time on the video and Pictures I post, Its even sparked 6 other people to buy the P3S. The Bird Flies fantastic also. IMO choosing the right settings, filters and time to take pictures is just as important as the cameras ability grab great images. I've seen some pretty crappy pictures from 4K cams just as I've seen crappy Pictures from 2mp cameras. My 4K Go Pro takes great pictures But they aren't really that much nicer then my 2.7K go pro even under the right settings and such. another thing to remembers is pictures are only as good as the device we view them with

Only been flying a few months with my P3S. Getting great results. Have used it for scenery, remote recon and large group photos (400+ people). With my photographic knowledge I have recently been experimenting with fixed and variable ND filters and getting excellent results. I never fly with at least a protective filter (UV). Easily replaced if scratched. BTW also use a gimble guard if terrain for landing is not 'drone friendly'. Spending a few bucks protecting the most vulnerable part of the AC is money well spent in my opinion.

Am interested in advice on suitable video editing software.

Only been flying a few months with my P3S. Getting great results. Have used it for scenery, remote recon and large group photos (400+ people). With my photographic knowledge I have recently been experimenting with fixed and variable ND filters and getting excellent results. I never fly with at least a protective filter (UV). Easily replaced if scratched. BTW also use a gimble guard if terrain for landing is not 'drone friendly'. Spending a few bucks protecting the most vulnerable part of the AC is money well spent in my opinion.

Am interested in advice on suitable video editing software.
I used also my P3S for scenery and interesting environment. For video editing I have a MacPro that have installed Final Cut Pro and this application makes editing incredible professional and well done.

I used also my P3S for scenery and interesting environment. For video editing I have a MacPro that have installed Final Cut Pro and this application makes editing incredible professional and well done.

yeh i love Final Cut Pro, its amazing, i thought my favourite program was Photoshop but since owning the drone and editing videos i enjoy editing so much more now

Reactions: macoman
yeh i love Final Cut Pro, its amazing, i thought my favourite program was Photoshop but since owning the drone and editing videos i enjoy editing so much more now
You're spot on re the phantom; I actually went through all the main specs and compalred them to the Mavic here:

You're spot on re the phantom; I actually went through all the main specs and compalred them to the Mavic here:

Just posted on this video on Youtube, really good video and thanks for taking the time to create it

really proud of my latest video, more a featurette and the drone did a fantastic job

Ok so definitely not as good a video as most here but this is my 2nd attempt at follow me mode with Litchi, still working some exposure issues but I'm pretty please with it,

Great videos...what settings are you all using on your standard? I have actually done a search and info is very spotty for the P3S. There is information for the Pro, 4 etc, but only general info for the standard. I was about to start a new thread and ask, but if you tell me, I won't have to!!!

I've been using default settings, but recently switched to D-Log, WB 5,000K (vs auto) Custom template -2 sharpness, -3 contrast, -2 saturation. This works only if you have time for color correction, etc.

Reactions: jsm1847
I've been using default settings, but recently switched to D-Log, WB 5,000K (vs auto) Custom template -2 sharpness, -3 contrast, -2 saturation. This works only if you have time for color correction, etc.
Thnks, I'll try it out

I will be using it for a a commercial. Selling a 66 Mustang convertible. Grant it, it won't be the primary shot, but I'm sure it will do great.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj