The Phantom 3 Standard can still stand proud and love it

The P3S does amazing for its age, but when shooting anything with detail it is lacking. Just waiting for my next vacation or road trip and some nice weather to get some more shots with it.
And I would say that the only drone able to deliver near Professional quality is the Phantom 4 Pro (even the Ph3 Pro is not even close to pro quality). All this considering only the Phantom line up.

I love mine so far. I've had it since Christmas and have a dozen or so flights on it. Now that Spring is finally here, I'll be racking up some more hours for sure. My sister in law asked me for an aerial picture of her farm so during a family outing, I took a quick video and a bunch of still shots. I am still amazed how stabil the video was considering it was a breezy day.

Reactions: espinozapablo1986
The p3s definitely holds its own. Been flying for about 8months now and loving it.

Made this video 2 weeks back, aerial shots with my p3s obviously

The only problem I'm facing is lack of 60fps in 1080p, and that the bird seems to pan by itself when up high. Maybe it's the wind but the gps is suppsosed to stop it from doing that right?

That
With mine. I find the gimbal actually amazingly stable, it was a serious upgrade from the p2.
I mostly shoot stills, but will post when i finish shooting my video. Heres a couple of good stills. two are from the outer banks NC. These aren't my best, just the best i can find right now.
View attachment 80764 View attachment 80767 View attachment 80765
that is a pretty assume still and bad *** sunset I've got a few but mine is over farm land and need to start using and playing with my filters. I'm still in the new stage where I'm just having fun flying lol

The p3s definitely holds its own. Been flying for about 8months now and loving it.

Made this video 2 weeks back, aerial shots with my p3s obviously

The only problem I'm facing is lack of 60fps in 1080p, and that the bird seems to pan by itself when up high. Maybe it's the wind but the gps is suppsosed to stop it from doing that right?

nice video.

i have the same issue, when i am panning or yawing i find it feels like the drone gets stuck as its fighting the wind and slows te yaw then next min it goes too fast. I think its the wind and it trying to fight it as its moving.

Those are all great videos...I love my p3p .. I only let it update its software one time in 2015 so it is running old versions but does what I want..

one thing i have come to find it i tried filming in manual the other day and the film was terrible. I am finding the Auto is far better but dont like when the light changes when moving around.

I have tried various Youtube vids setting and non make it look as good as Auto

I now have a p4 because I crashed my standard. And if I'm brutally honest I'm not sure it's worth the extra money.

Yeah 4K is great but the phantom 3 4k will produce similar image.

The obstical avoidance is great and would have saved my standard if it was fitted, but to be hones there's no point using it 100% of the time.

The sports mode is more of a gimmick you can't film everything in sports mode.

The only thing that I really really like is the range.

But the phantom 4 still has to convince me it's worth the extra cash.

I loved my pahntom 3 standard and if I ever get to a point I have enough cash I'd be more than willing to buy one as a second drone.

Reactions: Green Phantom
I've just done a test with a Lens/filter to improve my P3S footage

I've just done a test with a Lens/filter to improve my P3S footage

Lenses make a massive difference. Good video :)

You'll probably now find that this cpl lens you have will not be enough. Lol

I think you would have been even more impr asked with a ND 8 or something.

When I had my standard I found a nice set from neewer that came with a ligh adapter and then 4 peice lens set which screwed to the adapter :)

Reactions: Green Phantom
Thanks.

Ha yeh I feel the same that a stronger lense would be great for really sunny days.

Il see how I get on with this one then look to upgrade

Reactions: Dazzauk
The standard is still a wonderful drone, I love mine... have 33 flights and no issues so far!

Thought i would bring life back to this thread :)

anyone got any new videos with their awesome P3S, i will hopefully be uploading my latest video tonight and will share on here for your viewing pleasure ;)

as mentioned here is my latest video. Comments welcome

loved how it turned out, done a few new things in this video i have never done before. This is all thanks to watching other videos and advise given to me on here and on my Youtube channel :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4