Phantom 3 Standard - Telemetry without camera

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I really need to know if there is any way to hack or bypass the P3S gimbal board in order to fly it on app WITHOUT gimbal frame and camera. I know the Wi-Fi is fitted somewhere on the gimbal board, so all I need is the aircraft status information such as GPS, Battery etc.

I removed the board from the gimbal carefully and connected to the P3S in a hope to get it sorted but connection to the aircraft floats as I could notice it from the controller's LED, blinking red/green 10 seconds or so in between. When green all telemetry info is shown on iPAD (DJI GO). When red nothing pops up!

The one million dollar question: Is there any way to get this signal steady?

Thanks in advance.

Hedio

As far a I know,
No gimbal = No WiFi = No video = No Telemetry.

Rod

Hum, confusing morning for me...

So you have a gimbal hooked up?

You have solid green status on the Remote and the Phantom, its then working as you want it to, then one of them goes red and you loose Telemetry?

So is it working then quitting like in this thread?
Standard - Phantom 3 Standard Controller Not Connecting to App

Here is a linking tip, instead of "should work fine as Phantomic did."
If you are referring to a thread, do this.

Can you Bind a P3s with out a Gimbal/Camera on
Fly P3S without Gimbal/Camera and without legs (or with retractable Legs)
I see you posted on the second.

I can't see when @Phantomic was last on, he must have security on high, but adding his name with the @ should send him a message such as what this will do.

@trevman ... ;)

Rod

Doesn't work, looks like it must be a private conversation PM.

Rod

Got it.

Rod

Hi everyone,

I really need to know if there is any way to hack or bypass the P3S gimbal board in order to fly it on app WITHOUT gimbal frame and camera. I know the Wi-Fi is fitted somewhere on the gimbal board, so all I need is the aircraft status information such as GPS, Battery etc.

I removed the board from the gimbal carefully and connected to the P3S in a hope to get it sorted but connection to the aircraft floats as I could notice it from the controller's LED, blinking red/green 10 seconds or so in between. When green all telemetry info is shown on iPAD (DJI GO). When red nothing pops up!

The one million dollar question: Is there any way to get this signal steady?

Thanks in advance.

Hedio[/QUOTE
I heard a rumor that the main board inside plastic housing holds the wifi, only that its powered off Gimbal board. Im told that you can (hotwire) that wifi chip, bypassing gimbal.
I am flying my p3s without gimbal atm, and wish to know also if this is truly possible and if there is any help on the issue.

@trevman I also would like to follow the telemetry without a gimbal discussion.
Could I get an invite to that conversation ?

@podman,
Welcome to the Forum!

This is a pretty old thread, I looked at @trevman status, he hasn't been back on this forum since May 17th 2017.
@Phantomic, still doesn't show any status,

Basically he hasn't seen anything since post #11

That conservation had just us three, started and ended on May 6th, they started communicating via facebook,
I never made a post and I didn't have facebook, still don't. :eek:

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: mickrose
Any update on getting telemetry without gimbal? I recently purchased a used Phantom 3 Standard from someone. This thing has been through some hell. But when i bought it, it flew just fine. Flew it for the past few days with no problems except a few hiccups where it would start to fly away on its own and i would be able to "recapture" the signal. The rc has a broken antenna. The wire is connected and everything in the antenna but the actual joint that holds the antenna up in place is bested. So i hot glued it up for just a temporary fix till i get a new antenna. Also along with that damage, the entire gimbal/camera was missing at point of sale. Well i lost rc signal all together all of a sudden. I checked on the dji go app and checked the callibration with the rc is great. Nothing haooened to the drone to cause it to lose signal. (That i know of). I used the drone, put it away in its very secure and tight holding cary case. Layed it under my bed. Got it out a hour later after battery recharged. Went to fly it and now theres no control signal. Lights on drone flash red yellow green a few times and then a steady yellow flash. After about a minute or so it flashed green for about 2 seconds and goes back to flashing yellow. I have tried relinking it both manually and through the app. I watched a bunch of videos and even referenced the manual. I am following the exact procedure to relink but no luck. Then i read on this site that its not possible without telemetry. Im going to be buying a new gimbal and camera in a few weeks but dont want my drone to be a paoer weight while i wait. So going back to my original questiin is if anyone figured out how to get telemetry without gimbal, the details would be extremely appriciated.

Rod thank you so much for an extremely fast response. Infact both the rc and phantom lights are red. When i try to link i just get a continuous beep from the controller and a steady red flash from the link button on the phantom. I am keeping the two together during this proccess. Thank you for welcoming me to the forum by the way! Im sure once i get more aquainted with my phantom and start learning more, i can try to help people like you are, thanks for being a great asset to this forum!

Reactions: RodPad
Hey, update. I am still having issues getting my controller to communicate with my p3s. Something i noticed, when my drone sits for about 20 minutes and i turn it on, the lights will flash red green yellow and then do the normal yellow pulsating flash to show that its ready for take off. But it wont take off. After about a minute, it will start a steady flash of yellow. If i shut it off and turn it back on it will flash red green yellow for 7 times. Then it will go straight to steady yellow flash. I have to leave it off for about 20 minutes for it to act like it wants to work. Baffels me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic