Phantom 3 Standard - Argtek Issues

Reaction score
I recently obtained an official, Argtek antenna mod, and to the best of my knowledge installed it correctly, with the white wire on the bottom, and i'm only achieving 200m out of it with constant interference notification popping up. I have flew my drone in this place multiple times at the same time and location so that is not the problem here. However, i did successful upgrade the firmware and I believe that might have been the problem. If anyone ELSE has had this problem, on this firmware and can reaffirm my hypothesis, and maybe even a solution it would be greatly appreciated. In the rare chance that i have stuffed up the hardware upgrade, could you please correct me on the correct wire configuration.

Thanks in advances

You could always do a continuity check with a multi-meter to be sure correct leads to connections inside controller.

Some people have managed to get them mixed up.

My Argtec had each lead different length to avoid this.

The other common error - is that people don't get the tiny connector exactly lined up and pressed fully in place. Once I get the plug on - I then use flat end of BBQ skewer to press squarely hard to make sure fully on.

I get about 2500m with my Argtec and Icarus 27dbm mod.

Nigel,

Thanks was going to do that tomorrow, however may i ask what firmware you are using on your drone if you know the answer

I also have the ArgTEK with 1.7.9 firmware and get a lot of interference warnings when flying with DJI Go. I'm pretty sure the warnings have been worse since the 1.7.9 update. Litchi doesn't appear to report interference errors.

I use an iPad mounted on my controller and sometimes forget to turn off Bluetooth (which also operates on the same frequency as the video/telemetry feed I believe). Not sure if this would make any difference or not. I also sometimes forget to place my iPhone into airplane mode before flying, just to eliminate that as a source on interference.

Thanks was going to do that tomorrow, however may i ask what firmware you are using on your drone if you know the answer

No interence warnings.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20