phantom 3 standard issue

Re Solder only,,here's a old post like many if you do a search on re joining motor wires
Sounds like this splicing causing issues,,they not work like that,,wish it was that simple
Agree some soldering bit tricky ,that's when you ask a friend or a someone who does electrical work

View attachment 125742
Thanks Ian.............I was busy with something and didn't have the time to search.................but my old brain remembered something about not splicing and to solder only. Brain still working I guess huh?

Reactions: RodPad and LOVE NZ
Thanks Ian.............I was busy with something and didn't have the time to search.................but my old brain remembered something about not splicing and to solder only. Brain still working I guess huh?
Yeh definitely a no no from what I read ,just dont work any other way ,typical phantom lol

Re Solder only,,here's a old post like many if you do a search on re joining motor wires
Sounds like this splicing causing issues,,they not work like that,,wish it was that simple
Agree some soldering bit tricky ,that's when you ask a friend or a someone who does electrical work

View attachment 125742
Hey dude!
Good Stuff !

You and I know we have a personal connection. 👌

I would like others to know that!

Anyways, I think it would be great if you posted a link where you got that.

♡NZ

BTW, where is that heart thing on American keyboard that's made in china. ! :rolleyes:👍👌

Rod ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LOVE NZ
Hum?
Is there a continuity you can due across the wires on these motors?
Voltage test that goes to the motor?

You could swap out a know good one.
Or
Do some things with some alligator clips?
I wonder why they are called that?

Rod ..

Hum?
Is there a continuity you can due across the wires on these motors?
Voltage test that goes to the motor?

You could swap out a know good one.
Or
Do some things with some alligator clips?
I wonder why they are called that?

Rod ..
Yep, there are ways to check the wire continuity of the motor wires, although they must be disconnected from the main board and ESC chips first. Have seen a few posts on Phantom Pilots about it, but it is WAY BEYOND my electrical knowledge of these things. That is why I've replaced the main boards before trying to dabble with tests dealing in Milliamps.

Reactions: RodPad
Hey dude!
Good Stuff !

You and I know we have a personal connection. 👌

I would like others to know that!

Anyways, I think it would be great if you posted a link where you got that.

♡NZ

BTW, where is that heart thing on American keyboard that's made in china. $hit! :rolleyes:👍👌

Rod ..
This heart thing ♡ ,ah that's my Samsung tablet keyboard, still finding new stuff on it and this thing about 6 years old (tab a 10/1) $600 cost me so I'll get my money's worth out of it,Just cant put it in me pocket lol
Ah yes the info,,,the info came from here PP from another thread from others with esc errors etc after joining new motors,
Member was another super clever one who's flown the coupe to greener pastures, na but hope hes ok ,once I read it I knew straight away this was what's goin on,
Screenshot_20240125-202108_Chrome.jpg

Yeh wonder where @With The Birds is ,I can hear a reunion lol

Thanks.

This is realty what I had in mind.

Rod ..

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Don't forget the undercoating on the motor wires, it's the big reason for failure when using connectors. It also causes grief when soldering so make sure it's all scraped off and wire shiny clean. If this is wire to wire, self sealing shrink tube is better than tape to protect connection.

And were wires soldered back to board, and easy to mix those little screws but think you get motor overload promot onscreen if that happen ,the scew actually goes to far into the copper windings .
When you say nothing was it still twitching ,esc can can cause that too but you'll get a error or prompt.
Anything in warnings in app or AC status
Or just normal green ready to fly with 3 motors working still ?
I think we all curious on update or you out flying again

I'd recommend a good quality resin solder also, 60% tin and 40% lead. Heats well and does a good job. Good Luck !
thank you

@landylover

You started this thread, I say you have to keep us updated as you continue.

We can learn what worked or not, I have many P3S book marks, but they are all based on Signal Problems. Over 100?

Rod ..

I get my P3S working like it should. Litchi Mission I screwed on the agl related to a neighbor FBook long story.

Anyways, it was working tell the battery went dead, I checked on it everyday.

Then it was 5 pieces.

Rod ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I get my P3S working like it should. Litchi Mission I screwed on the agl related to a neighbor FBook $hit, long story.

Anyways, it was working tell the battery went dead, I checked on it everyday.

Then it was 5 pieces.

Rod ..
The OP started a new thread Rod........this time a connection issue.....I think........🤷‍♂️

Thanks!

@landylover

You started this thread, I say you have to keep us updated as you continue.

We can learn what worked or not, I have many P3S book marks, but they are all based on Signal Problems. Over 100?

Rod ..
hi
sorry i didn't realise i had to keep the input going, i`m new lol, replaced main board and works fine now, my problem now is error on screen when attempting photo it says camera not supported ? may need card formatting i thought ?

It just works better, one person one bird until all problems are solved. What happens is lot of duplication of questions and answers.

What about this one. :rolleyes:

I know sometimes I'm a Donkey. :)

Rod ..

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Does the motor turn by hand? Do you have multimeter to check voltages? Very frustrating when you have no experience about drones. We are here to help. We need more info to better help you. Drones flash lights to identify issues in a code. Does your drone light flash? Have you found info on operation of your drone?

hi
sorry i didn't realise i had to keep the input going, i`m new lol, replaced main board and works fine now, my problem now is error on screen when attempting photo it says camera not supported ? may need card formatting i thought ?
everything working now thanks to this group
i just dont know how to close the thread ?
any info welcome for me to stop it
thank you everyone who helped
mark

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl