phantom 3 standard issue

Reaction score
hi everyone
i recently went out with my phantom 3 standard which i bought 2 weeks ago after seeing it fly absolutely perfectly and on start up only 3 props were working, the other one ( cw with black spot ) was not spinning, it was stuttering like it wanted to go but didnt ?
i purchased a new motor, connected the wires up and still no movement whatsoever ?
any help greatly appreciated
thank you very much
mark

Reactions: RodPad
Welcome to the Forum!

You got two threads going in the General area,

It would have been best in this section:

Stay with this one for now, a mod may do some fine tuning.

"i recently went out with my phantom 3 standard which i bought 2 weeks ago after seeing it fly absolutely perfectly and on start up only 3 props were working,"

How many flights did it work correctly?

Rod ..

I wonder if the longer screws were put in this motor somehow, or were tightened during a preflight check. ( up thru the shell). That would lock the motor up tight. The Shell has different length screws to attach halves together.
6mm length for the Shell, and 4 mm length for the motors.

Last edited:
Reactions: LOVE NZ and RodPad
Good call!
Just need some history now.
See if they reply. 👌

Rod ..

Reactions: captainmilehigh
And were wires soldered back to board, and easy to mix those little screws but think you get motor overload promot onscreen if that happen ,the scew actually goes to far into the copper windings .
When you say nothing was it still twitching ,esc can can cause that too but you'll get a error or prompt.
Anything in warnings in app or AC status
Or just normal green ready to fly with 3 motors working still ?
I think we all curious on update or you out flying again

And were wires soldered back to board, and easy to mix those little screws but think you get motor overload promot onscreen if that happen ,the scew actually goes to far into the copper windings .
When you say nothing was it still twitching ,esc can can cause that too but you'll get a error or prompt.
Hopefully the OP will check back in and fill in the blanks. Only 3 wires to solder, but if the solder gets too hot, the ESC chip will come off the main board, leaving that motor dead.

Welcome to the Forum!

You got two threads going in the General area,

It would have been best in this section:

Stay with this one for now, a mod may do some fine tuning.

"i recently went out with my phantom 3 standard which i bought 2 weeks ago after seeing it fly absolutely perfectly and on start up only 3 props were working,"

How many flights did it work correctly?

Rod ..
twice it went perfect then this problem happened

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

recheck your connections

@landylover ,

You got two members at the moment that can help you better than I.

The screw problem came up when the prop guards came in, the screws needed to be longer, take the guards off and those screws would damage the motor, could have been a factor.

The motors and wires, not my expertise. 👌

Rod ..

* Not an expert by any means. Just a drone owner who's replaced main boards and dealt with similar troubleshooting.

One instance I couldn't find the trouble, so I replaced the entire main board. Back then, shops were parting out entire Standards, and you could buy the main board complete with all components including attached motors. Only had to plug in the other components that were left.

Still wonder though if the app shows a fault code, or error code (as @NZ had mentioned earlier) that could be investigated.

Reactions: LOVE NZ
Thanks!

I have a P3S that is five pieces, my self replacing motors etc?

I guess it would depend if it was flying and your only looking at 1 problem.

Rod ..

Reactions: LOVE NZ
twice it went perfect then this problem happened
Oh c'mon that's a tease of info , any in app warnings or onscreen prompts to help guide us in right direction, got wires right way ,I cant remember if they marked or not
Do motors start at all ? Do the motors chirp on power up ,they should move and beep a bit(self test)

Last edited:
Thanks!

I have a P3S that is five pieces, my self replacing motors etc?

I guess it would depend if it was flying and your only looking at 1 problem.

Rod ..
Yep. We all here at Phantom Pilots Forum love a good mystery, but we could use a few more 'clues' by the OP to solve the issue.

i cut wires and used line connectors but still no movement at all with new motor, other 3 motors working fine

Oh c'mon that's a tease of info , any in app warnings or onscreen prompts to help guide us in right direction, got wires right way ,I cant remember if they marked or not
Do motors start at all ? Do the motors chirp on power up ,they should move and beep a bit(self test)
other 3 motors chirp on power up but new motor nothing at all

@landylover ,

You got two members at the moment that can help you better than I.

The screw problem came up when the prop guards came in, the screws needed to be longer, take the guards off and those screws would damage the motor, could have been a factor.

The motors and wires, not my expertise. 👌

Rod ..
it is my 1st ever drone so i have very limited knowledge about it
i know how to start it etc except only 3 motors are working
i have yet to get it in the air
losing faith now

i cut wires and used line connectors but still no movement at all with new motor, other 3 motors working fine
Not 100% sure on this, but I think the motor wires are shielded. Seems to me when I did my first teardown I read about not cutting and splicing wires. Solder only. Still, you may want to check the continuity of each wire (with a tester) end to end and see if it is a complete circuit.

losing faith now
It did fly twice, or all four motors worked twice?

Rod ..

Re Solder only,,here's a old post like many if you do a search on re joining motor wires
Sounds like this splicing causing issues,,they not work like that,,wish it was that simple
Agree some soldering bit tricky ,that's when you ask a friend or a someone who does electrical work

20240125_090315.jpg

Last edited:
losing faith now
You'll get there ,I got faith in ya,,,,you need to get those wires soldered
7 years I'm still learning

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics