phantom 3 pro open heart--- gimbal flashing , fw 1.11.20, esc status error

now i tried debug and 1.11.20 to roll back also failed after 25 min...here is the result then log

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 117
  • P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    37.5 KB · Views: 114
Your ESC #2 is either still at ESC FW v1.11.0.0, or you tried flashing it enough times that it is half-reprogrammed and dead.

- If it's still on ESC FW v1.11.0.0, you should downgrade to package firmware P3X_FW_V01.10.0090, as this is the version which expects that ESC firmware

- If it's dead, you would have to re-program the micro-controller directly, using STM programer. Or replace the whole ESC Center board.

Also, there is a reason ESC #2 failed so many upgrade attempts. The above is just fighting symptoms, not the problem.

The reason - UART connection from ESC#2 to FC is probably faulty. You need to find the hardware issue on the board and fix it. I suspect solder blobs are cracked around FC daughterboard, though the connection may be faulty somewhere else as well.

Source of info:
O-Gs wiki - P3X ESC center board
O-Gs wiki - Firmware m1200

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Your ESC #2 is either still at ESC FW v1.11.0.0, or you tried flashing it enough times that it is half-reprogrammed and dead.

- If it's still on ESC FW v1.11.0.0, you should downgrade to package firmware P3X_FW_V01.10.0090, as this is the version which expects that ESC firmware

- If it's dead, you would have to re-program the micro-controller directly, using STM programer. Or replace the whole ESC Center board.

Also, there is a reason ESC #2 failed so many upgrade attempts. The above is just fighting symptoms, not the problem.

The reason - UART connection from ESC#2 to FC is probably faulty. You need to find the hardware issue on the board and fix it. I suspect solder blobs are cracked around FC daughterboard, though the connection may be faulty somewhere else as well.

Source of info:
O-Gs wiki - P3X ESC center board
O-Gs wiki - Firmware m1200
big big thanks for support i will try to go to 1.10.90 and report

ok again i extremely appreciate all the support and help that without it i would have gone no where and hopefully this experience helps others, really its so weird how awesome is this hobby how we tend to become supporters of people we never knew over seas ...really the rchobby is one of its kind...
now back to my efforts i placed a debug with firmware 1.10.10 to downgrade although i got the penalty red at the end but it seems it took over a lot of modules ill keep the interpretation for guys with longer arm in this domain like quaddamage to tell us the real findings... ill keep a log of that in below and going down to 1.10.09

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    43 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
You didn't downgrade to the version I pointed. Anyway, I'm pretty sure FC firmware v2.4.20.28 is compatible with ESC v1.11.0.0, so I doubt FW version is the cause. Your ESC uC chip just isn't booting, or isn't communicating with FC.

Fix the HW issue first.

Reactions: Oso
i got your point but i guess the downgrade should be a step by step exactly to previous version(so i went from 1.11.30 to 1.11.20 to 1.11.10 ) and although not any down grade to idid was complete in red led on gimbal , i placed a debug file and 1.10.9 and launched the update ,,guess what? it was successful and finished in a green led... here are the result and log, now for the first time using my transmitter gl300b i was able to see the crystal clear video for the first time perfect and it showed firmware version 1.10.09, the status error of esc is still there no arming i regret to say, but i armed this quad the first time i bought it... :smilingimp:now according to log the fw of this aircraft starts at 1.2.6 what if i just put that fw with a debug..:smilingimp: ???
by the way i checked the links to esc fix i understood nothing every thing on those topics on github is just todo , i need some intermediate help and i can do the job i have an stm32 programmer usb modele...

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 105
  • P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    48.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
i placed a debug file and 1.10.9 and launched the update ,,guess what? it was successful and finished in a green led

That's an important information - we now know that ESC firmware from P3X_FW_V01.10.0090 cannot communicate to FC firmware from P3X_FW_V01.11.0010. DJI must have changed something in the protocol between these versions.
I did not expected that.

Now you need to fix the hardware issue. But first, just to make sure that only one ESC causes errors, download DAT log from the drone and check which ESC is reporting an error there.

Each power on creates separate DAT file. Check DAT from a power on during which you tried to start motors.

this is a collaborative effort to try to fix a phantom3pro that was earlier sentenced to death... this will help tons of phantom3pro users who may fall into similar trouble world wide regarding firmware update down grade, esc error status, and understand better log files , i have almost no knowlge in interpreting log files and leave it for experts here... but am posting them if you have same log this means your in same trouble... and the solution am searching for may help you.
hint: the most important in every log is the last log or group of info since it reveals the most recent status of aircraft in terms of its modules and firmware. you can so notice that after every firmware attempt the log becomes a bigger file so scroll to bottom for latest.

Last edited:
now i extracted the last 2 logs according to their numbers i hope the logs are arranged in that order so those are last time ac logged .

Attachments

• FLY463.DAT
    4.8 MB · Views: 157
i will load the other, but some thing unexplained just happened i turned on the ac after data transfer, it armed for several seconds the motors spinned for a couple of seconds then shut down and a warning poped on app propeller loose or motor mount !!!!!???? knowing that props are off and motor properly mounted!!! this indicates what???? through deep inspection the front left motor has a dent on it, as if from a crash may that mean any thing???

what do tou say may this help??
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

researched for fixing esc on phantom3 pro but no success yet! hopefully if some one have valuable links on that topic please provide links.

hello guys.. any idea what i should do??
suppose i replaced the motor that has a dent on it, by non dji motor its not even a 2223 motor i will just pick a motor that with stands a 4s for test purpose will the esc circuit onboard phantom 3 pro recognize this motor if it is not faulty this way i dont start by the heavy fix of main board, may the motor be the reason????

hello guys.. any idea what i should do??
suppose i replaced the motor that has a dent on it, by non dji motor its not even a 2223 motor i will just pick a motor that with stands a 4s for test purpose will the esc circuit onboard phantom 3 pro recognize this motor if it is not faulty this way i dont start by the heavy fix of main board, may the motor be the reason????
“non dji motor “? Do you mean a 2312 motor? Ya gotta use the right motor!!!

i know that the esc fix the among hardest dji fixes but i think others did it, hopefully i find links to it

or should i continue to try maybe another firmware downgrade lower than 1.10.90 can fix esc error status

though this video looks primitive in analyzing the problem (no logs no dat file.....) but looks interesting if only he explains a bit more
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31