phantom 3 pro open heart--- gimbal flashing , fw 1.11.20, esc status error

Reaction score
hello again am going from thread to thread to finish my new p3p fix , now i bought this p3p a month ago and as every thing in 2020 it turned out bricked and the transmitter was bricked too ( ofcourse when i bought it the the seller told me it only needs upgrade! and the price was very good i checked the battery life to see if the quad was heavily used it was 100% it also showed on another working p3p that it has only 10 recharges)so i thought it would be a 20 min update but it turned a challenging month of work, so far i flashed the communication board on transmitter and i tested it on a friends app it shows firmware 1.2.6 after 2 weeks struggle i managed to flash the gimbal board and just ran a fw update to 1.11.0020 from dji site after the fix the firmware update gave the sounds it only took 5min (i dont know if earlier tries before fix that took 15min but failed have done part of up date and after fix the rest was done in 5 min) now a ddd sound and green gimbal led and this is the text file mentioning success and this is the hidden log file , but upon restarting the p3p after update it is still giving beepbeep allet sound for a min or so.

the first file is the hidden log before i flashed the gimbal board, the second text is the hidden file after the gimbal board flashing, the third is the txt file i got after the last firmware update that seemed successful

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB (11).txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 215
  • P3X_FW_LOG_AB (1).txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 178
  • P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 213
well i decided after some research to go firmware 1.11.30 since others stated that this final version fixed esc status error but the update failed this is the log file,,,

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB (2).txt
    24 KB · Views: 169
i tried another time to update to 1.11.30 also failed here is the log

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB (3).txt
    26.4 KB · Views: 178
i have no choice at this point but to try to roll back to 1.10.90 ...before flashing the gimbal board i connected this AC to a gl300b and i was able to arm in atti mode since i was indoors.. but after the flashing since i knew that what happened to this p3p happened with prevous owner trying to update to 1.11.20 so i had no chance but to continue the update , now a failing update to 1.11.30 that showed in 3min only the long sound with red gimbal led on ... how do i proceed ? should i put 1.11.20 on sd card with debug? or what

hello again am going from thread to thread to finish my new p3p fix , now i bought this p3p a month ago and as every thing in 2020 it turned out bricked and the transmitter was bricked too ( ofcourse when i bought it the the seller told me it only needs upgrade! and the price was very good i checked the battery life to see if the quad was heavily used it was 100% it also showed on another working p3p that it has only 10 recharges)so i thought it would be a 20 min update but it turned a challenging month of work, so far i flashed the communication board on transmitter and i tested it on a friends app it shows firmware 1.2.6 after 2 weeks struggle i managed to flash the gimbal board and just ran a fw update to 1.11.0020 from dji site after the fix the firmware update gave the sounds it only took 5min (i dont know if earlier tries before fix that took 15min but failed have done part of up date and after fix the rest was done in 5 min) now a ddd sound and green gimbal led and this is the text file mentioning success and this is the hidden log file , but upon restarting the p3p after update it is still giving beepbeep allet sound for a min or so.

the first file is the hidden log before i flashed the gimbal board, the second text is the hidden file after the gimbal board flashing, the third is the txt file i got after the last firmware update that seemed successful
So,,, did it show an ESC error after the successful update of1.11.0020?

So,,, did it show an ESC error after the successful update of1.11.0020?
you can check the log files it shows the 120X 0X error after update, aside that i armed it in atti mode ten times or so before update and spinned the motors!!

Last edited:
Did you put the debug file on the sd card before the firmware file?
And it doesn’t always work.
i am just trying to update so on root of sd i placed the 1.11.30 .bin only. should i place a debug file in update to 1.11.30???

Last edited:
Try the 1.11.30 firmware update again with the debug file on the sd card before the firmware. I don’t see how it could hurt.
Does the app show as current firmware version as 1.11.0020? I would recommend getting a successful update to the version shown before attempting a rollback firmware version.

now in app i see 1.11.20+
The + means that a module has a different firmware version on it. It is likely to be the battery. I would recommend formatting the sd card, put the proper debug file on the card, then put the 1.11.20 bin file on the card. Then proceed with the update. Be sure also to put a small fan in front of the gimbal.

i did that it has been in update mode for 15 min sofar , some times cutting edge technology runs properly once a simple trick is done.....

Is it making the dddd, dddd sound? Hopefully you started with a fully charged battery.
yes of course , but sadly it seems that a red light came up at the end
hereare the results file and then the hidden log file.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    2 KB · Views: 140
  • P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    32 KB · Views: 162
It’ seems to be failing at the version checking part of the update. I’ve read where the “12” is the flight controller also known as main controller, it’s where the IMU is located. There may be damage to the daughter board or even some bad solder joints on the main controller to the board.
You might ask @quaddamage for some advice or information.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic