P3 Firmware Phantom 3 pro firmware won't update

Have you tryed to link the RC with AC following this exact procedure ?

Start the AC
AC's OFDM led will light steady red

Start the RC
the left led on RC will light steady red
AC's OFDM led will light toggling green (3x) and red (1x)

Press on the RC: C1+C2+Video rec buttons and keep them pressed. Hear from the RC an beep-bip-bip

Right after the beeps on the RC, press too for minimum 2 seconds the camera setting dial, then release all 4 buttons
Left led on RC turns into flashing blue and repeated bip is heared

Press for 2 sec on the AC the side button, near the OFDM led

Left led on RC will become steady green
OFDM led on AC will become steady green
Linking is successfully ended.

When there's a firmware mismatch between the AC & RC then linking is NOT possible. This happened with firmware version 1.8.80 dd 2016-04-07 (both AC & RC had to be updated) See the release notes on DJI web-page:
Phantom 3 Professional - Specs, FAQ, Tutorials, Downloads and DJI GO - DJI
or
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/20170706/Phantom+3+Professional+Release+Notes_.pdf

More information on FW-upgrading:
DJI Phantom 3 Series Firmware Update | Heliguy

More information on FW-downgrading:
Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All available FW-versions can be downloaded with the free windows app DankDroneDownloader:
cs2000/DankDroneDownloader

Here is what I see on the app. Not sure connection to remote is ok.View attachment 109425

Yeegads man. :) I would strongly recommend going to the DJI web site and download the operators manual and follow the directions to link your TX to the RC. There is a lot of other useful info in the manual. BTW, the only useful info in your update record is the last line. It is either a success, (you'll know that anyhow), or a fail. You may have a bad main board. I have 2 dozen of them that failed an upgrade and have neither wifi or video. Good luck!

@Oso @Fly Dawg @msinger
Do you know if the DAT files are containing the AC firmware ?

Asking since @marcooo cannot link the AC to the RC, hence he cannot conclude if he is / isn't in the known situation where the 2 units are containing incompatible SW versions. If the ACs firmware will be known, then he might eventually downgrade the version from AC/RC to make them compatible. Later on, if althrough the 2 units become compatible in terms of their SW version, he still cannot link them, then I guess in question is a malfunction...

Last edited:
NO.....These are flight records. Nothing to do with firmware. Other than possibly giving you the version number.

Then let me ask it like this: is there any way to find ACs firmware without being linked to the RC and thus to the Go App ?

@Oso @Fly Dawg @msinger

Asking since @marcooo cannot link the AC to the RC, hence he cannot conclude if he is / isn't in the know situation where the 2 units are containing incompatible SW versions. If the ACs firmware will be known, then he might eventually downgrade the version from AC/RC to make them compatible. Later on, if althrough the 2 units become compatible in terms of their SW version, he still cannot link them, then I guess in question is a malfunction...
Since you are wondering about a version mismatch, I assume you are asking if somewhere in the DAT file is a reference to the FW versions? I'm sorry to say that I don't know. For me, the only thing I truly trust to determine the AC FW version is the LOG_AB file which is what was originally posted. To me, it appears that the AC has v1.11.20 as well as the classic 8/15 gimbal top (main) board fault which results in no image transmission as was noted by @3rdof5 .

If the AC does indeed have v1.11.20, the RC would need to be v1.6 or higher due to the encryption change eluded to by @tribar earlier in the thread. AC v1.8 and RC v1.6 were released together with an encryption change. If you have one (or later), you must have the other (or later) or you will have issues. DJI also noted this in the release notes (also noted by @tribar earlier) but even so we have seen several people here who were not aware and inadvertently created an encryption mismatch by changing FW on one but not the other.

Potentially, if the RC here is below 1.6, the AC could be downgraded to 1.7 but sadly with AC v1.10 and later DJI removed the ability to easily downgrade via official means. We all know that there are unofficial means, but they are not without risk and especially from v1.11.20. Best case to me in the current situation would be to upgrade the RC to the latest (v1.9.2) but there are two methods to do so depending on his current RC FW version and to fully get there would require the RC connecting to the mobile device / app which seems to be an issue here as well.

Last edited:
That happened to me and you're drone is basically done unless you want to send it to dji technical center and pay $200 minimum.

That happened to me and you're drone is basically done
Not necessarily. A little time, effort and lots of patience should take care of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic