Phantom 2 remote pairing and naza problems

Reaction score
Hi! I recently bought a phantom 2 from dji's online store. I charged all of the battery's and setup everything the way dji said too. And then then upgraded the firmware, and then went to take for a test flight, but when powered on, I just got the yellow flashing lights of "no connection to controller". The red receiver light judt stays red never changing except for right when powered on.:mad: In the phantom 2 app it gives me "cfg err" and will not connect to the Naza-m software. I have spent half a day googling trying to figure out why it won't pair with the remote but to no avail. Any thoughts would be helpful
Thanks,
Nate:)

Nate when the P2 is powered up by itself the receiver LED is red and when you power up the remote that is paired the LED will turn green. For non-paired remote the LED will flash green. To pair both units you hold down the receiver LED until it flash red and release and Led should be solid green.

Have you downloaded the user's manual for the P2 and read it? If you haven't here's a link just scroll down and download user manual v1.4

Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight

Nate when the P2 is powered up by itself the receiver LED is red and when you power up the remote that is paired the LED will turn green. For non-paired remote the LED will flash green. To pair both units you hold down the receiver LED until it flash red and release and Led should be solid green.

Have you downloaded the user's manual for the P2 and read it? If you haven't here's a link just scroll down and download user manual v1.4

Phantom 2 - The Spirit Of Flight
Hi thank you for the response. No that does not work the receiver light seems to always to be red never flashing green or yellow even when being pushed. I just can't seem to pair it or connect it to the naza-m software. dji support is really stinking. :neutral:

Hi thank you for the response. No that does not work the receiver light seems to always to be red never flashing green or yellow even when being pushed. I just can't seem to pair it or connect it to the naza-m software. dji support is really stinking. :neutral:

What computer system are you using?

I've tried it on windows 7 and 10

Well windows 10 has to many problems and doesn't work well with DJI software but 7 is ok. But this really isn't what's important did you download all three P2 software files the windows driver, P2 and RC assistants?

Well windows 10 has to many problems and doesn't work well with DJI software but 7 is ok. But this really isn't what's important did you download all three P2 software files the windows driver, P2 and RC assistants?
I have downloaded all of that and the quad and remote each connect their software and are reconized by the computer, but not by the naza-m software, or each other.

I have downloaded all of that and the quad and remote each connect their software and are reconized by the computer, but not by the naza-m software, or each other.

This photo show you where the switch between Phantom and Naza-M takes place that is if you downloaded the windows driver into the P2 first. If you never loaded the driver into the P2 the assistant software will not be recognized.
Upgrade Page_02.jpg

This photo show you where the switch between Phantom and Naza-M takes place that is if you downloaded the windows driver into the P2 first. If you never loaded the driver into the P2 the assistant software will not be recognized.
View attachment 50135
My phantom is currently in naza-m mode but still is not reconized by the naza-m software

My phantom is currently in naza-m mode but still is not reconized by the naza-m software
I'm not sure if im just missing something obvious or not, I just can't figure out the naza stuff.

I'm not sure if im just missing something obvious or not, I just can't figure out the naza stuff.

Naza-M has two parts. Part 1 adds ATTI to the center position of switch S1. In the pull down U ATTI, Failsafe and Manual
Part 1 Naza-M.jpg

Part 2 Once you check the IOC box you'll have the same functions in part 1 plus you have activated switch S2
Part 2 Naza-M.jpg

Switch S2 also has the function of allowing you to change the home point while in flight. That information can be found in the user's manual v1.4 or on youtube.

Naza-M has two parts. Part 1 adds ATTI to the center position of switch S1. In the pull down U ATTI, Failsafe and Manual
View attachment 50216

Part 2 Once you check the IOC box you'll have the same functions in part 1 plus you have activated switch S2
View attachment 50217

Switch S2 also has the function of allowing you to change the home point while in flight. That information can be found in the user's manual v1.4 or on youtube.
Ok do you think that will help with naza connection problems?

Ok do you think that will help with naza connection problems?
or remote probs too? I know I don't have to for that up there, but do i have to take the naza out to connect it to the computer?

or remote probs too? I know I don't have to for that up there, but do i have to take the naza out to connect it to the computer?
Ok I just tried enabling IOC and for some reason it won't. Does the controller have to be connected?

Ok I just tried enabling IOC and for some reason it won't. Does the controller have to be connected?

If you are using a PC computer and have loaded the Windows Driver into the P2 it will not recognize the P2 assistant software. DJI does not ship preloaded with software simply because they no idea what computer systems customers have. Had the same problem when I started in this over to years ago. There is nothing in the v1.4 user's manual that explains how to load Windows Driver into the P2 for that information you have to to the Naza-M quick start guide and read page 7.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.22_en.pdf

If you are using a PC computer and have loaded the Windows Driver into the P2 it will not recognize the P2 assistant software. DJI does not ship preloaded with software simply because they no idea what computer systems customers have. Had the same problem when I started in this over to years ago. There is nothing in the v1.4 user's manual that explains how to load Windows Driver into the P2 for that information you have to to the Naza-M quick start guide and read page 7.

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/nazam-v2/en/NAZA-M_Quick_Start_Guide_v1.22_en.pdf
ok I think i did all that already, but it still isn't reconized. I will try again though.

If it doesn't work contact DJI for an RMA and a return and replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic