Can my iPhone and iPad Pro be used Alternately with same Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 Remote & DJI GO 4 Without Issues?

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max and a iPad Pro 2016. I had the battery replaced recently on the iPad Pro 2016 but will not get a lot of flight time based on my experience with normal iPad usage. So for short jobs the iPad Pro battery life is no problem. But, I need to be able to use my iPhone 12 Pro Max for longer jobs. Will there be an issue with switching display devices using DJI Go 4 app?

In other words, is DJI Go 4 agnostic to what display device is attached or if I begin with one of the display devices, must I continue to use that same display device?

I want to be able to switch between the two different Apple devices as needed. I couldn't get any results with a forum search other than one user on the forum had a problem using an iPad on Feb 22, 2019 which doesn't address my question.

I didn't want to experiment using the different devices in case I would be locked in to that device going forward.

My hypothesis is that there shouldn't be a problem with switching devices. I'm sure the remote won't care. But I am uncertain about sensitivities of DJI Go 4.

I had no problem switching display devices with my Mini 2. But the Phantom is older technology even though it got a face lift when production was resumed after being stopped for awhile.

If I could afford a new iPad right now, I wouldn't even be asking this question. I would use the iPad all the time rather than my iPhone.

Thanks...

Five Years Experience:
Spark
Mini 2
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (New)
Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification (2017), Recertified (2021)
Starting small business, forming a LLC

I just purchased a new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max and a iPad Pro 2016. I had the battery replaced recently on the iPad Pro 2016 but will not get a lot of flight time based on my experience with normal iPad usage. So for short jobs the iPad Pro battery life is no problem. But, I need to be able to use my iPhone 12 Pro Max for longer jobs. Will there be an issue with switching display devices using DJI Go 4 app?

In other words, is DJI Go 4 agnostic to what display device is attached or if I begin with one of the display devices, must I continue to use that same display device?

I want to be able to switch between the two different Apple devices as needed. I couldn't get any results with a forum search other than one user on the forum had a problem using an iPad on Feb 22, 2019 which doesn't address my question.

I didn't want to experiment using the different devices in case I would be locked in to that device going forward.

My hypothesis is that there shouldn't be a problem with switching devices. I'm sure the remote won't care. But I am uncertain about sensitivities of DJI Go 4.

I had no problem switching display devices with my Mini 2. But the Phantom is older technology even though it got a face lift when production was resumed after being stopped for awhile.

If I could afford a new iPad right now, I wouldn't even be asking this question. I would use the iPad all the time rather than my iPhone.

Thanks...

Five Years Experience:
Spark
Mini 2
Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 (New)
Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification (2017), Recertified (2021)
Starting small business, forming a LLC
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Yes, the iPad/phone or other compatible monitoring devices can be connected to the remote without issue. The correct app must be installed of course.

We fly many DJI Mavic Pros, Pro2s, Minis, Sparks, and Tellos in our training programs and swap display devices (iPhone, iPad, CrystalSky, etc.) all the time between flights and have had no problems. We do not fly P4Ps however, so no direct experience with your situation. Still, it would surprise me if you had problems.

P4P v2 here. Normally used with my iPad 9.7", but have used my iPhone 6s and then 11 no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan