P3 Standard gimbal issue after crash (video of problem)

Reaction score
I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard last week. One wing snapped, but the case was mostly OK. Not so much for the gimbal.

Video of gimbal issue:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whenever I turn on the unit, the gimbal sits slightly off centre and seems to be overloading. Diagnostics in the app are telling me everything's fine.

I took off the back plate and adjusted a screw/motor rod. It has to be pointing towards the body (I had to turn this slightly with a pair of pliers, but it's in the right location now).

I can't see any ribbon tearing.

Any idea how I can fix this? Or is it time to buy a Mavic?

Reactions: Andpao13
I crashed my Phantom 3 Standard last week. One wing snapped, but the case was mostly OK. Not so much for the gimbal.

Video of gimbal issue:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whenever I turn on the unit, the gimbal sits slightly off centre and seems to be overloading. Diagnostics in the app are telling me everything's fine.

I took off the back plate and adjusted a screw/motor rod. It has to be pointing towards the body (I had to turn this slightly with a pair of pliers, but it's in the right location now).

I can't see any ribbon tearing.

Any idea how I can fix this? Or is it time to buy a Mavic?

It looks like your yaw arm is slightly bent, which can effect the horizontal positioning of the roll motor. Plus, grasp the roll motor and try to wiggle it to see if it is loose. Any crash can damage these delicate gimbal assemblies. Perform a careful inspection of the ribbon cable to check for nicks and cuts.

Good luck,
Jim

Reactions: joshamore
[QUOTE = "joshamore, publicación: 1327304, miembro: 107879"]
Choqué mi Phantom 3 Standard la semana pasada. Un ala se rompió, pero el caso estaba en su mayoría bien. No tanto para el cardán.

Video del problema del cardán:
[MEDIA = youtube] mO2VkT7T40I [/ MEDIA]

Cada vez que enciendo la unidad, el cardán se encuentra ligeramente descentrado y parece estar sobrecargado. Los diagnósticos en la aplicación me dicen que todo está bien.

Quité la placa posterior y ajusté un tornillo / varilla del motor. Tiene que estar apuntando hacia el cuerpo (tuve que girar esto ligeramente con un alicate, pero ahora está en el lugar correcto).

No puedo ver ninguna cinta rasgándose.

¿Alguna idea de cómo puedo solucionar esto? ¿O es hora de comprar un Mavic?
[/CITAR]

you Did you find any solution?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers