P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It worked for me! I live in Norway (CE) and i noticed a big difference between this app and the original not-modded app. I got 3000m away from me before I lost signal. With the origninal app I got 550m before I lost signal.
I've been busy with work etc but intend on doing this mod today and taking it out for a test flight to get my mind off crap in real life...

It worked for me! I live in Norway (CE) and i noticed a big difference between this app and the original not-modded app. I got 3000m away from me before I lost signal. With the origninal app I got 550m before I lost signal.

I was not talking about the modded app, I know it works, I was talking about config files that should give a better signal with app 3.1.8! ;)

Do not use the 3.1.11 version posted in this topic. It cause huge unwanted network trafic. You can find the proposed solutions in the first post of this topic:
Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

Does anyone happen to know if this fix will work for P3S?

I don't have a phantom 3 standard so I'm not sure what can work for it.
You can just try, there's no reason not to, at worst you will solve nothing!
What I expect to work anyway is the fake gps procedure, as you just "cheat" your quad to make it believe it is in the US and if app 3.1.8 don't switch for the SE it shouldn't switch back with standard too!
It will probably work with a P3Pro/Adv too!

Reactions: smackc4
I don't have a phantom 3 standard so I'm not sure what can work for it.
You can just try, there's no reason not to, at worst you will solve nothing!
What I expect to work anyway is the fake gps procedure, as you just "cheat" your quad to make it believe it is in the US and if app 3.1.8 don't switch for the SE it shouldn't switch back with standard too!
It will probably work with a P3Pro/Adv too!
..Speaking for myself, and likely others too; it's the unknown factor that makes us seek out SPECIFIC results from (as is this forum) P3S owners, relating to apps / firmware. Cheers

Hello everyone, I also have a phantom 3 I live in Spain and I have the problem of the change to CE, now I use this modified plication and it works very well, I leave a video with a test I did, a greeting and I hope to help them.

Hello everyone, I also have a phantom 3 I live in Spain and I have the problem of the change to CE, now I use this modified plication and it works very well, I leave a video with a test I did, a greeting and I hope to help them.
Thanks...Pity t it wasn't in English though, because I think that's what the majority of us here speak! - I can't understand any of it myself...

Hi there!
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
hello I have already translated the video, has the option of subtitles in English I do not know if the translation will be very accurate, a greeting

hello I have already translated the video, has the option of subtitles in English I do not know if the translation will be very accurate, a greeting
Cheers. Didn't notice that when I looked on my phone.

Posted this on another thread but thought I would also share it here. Here is a video I created to compare how far I could fly in CE mode (APP version 3.1.28) and then after changing to FCC mode and using app version 3.1.8.
CE mode triggered RTH after only 1,700ft (520m) at 300ft altitude.
FCC mode got to 10,000ft (3,050m) at 300ft altitude on same flight path.
To switch to FCC mode, I followed the instructions posted here (Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE) I used option 2.

Posted this on another thread but thought I would also share it here. Here is a video I created to compare how far I could fly in CE mode (APP version 3.1.28) and then after changing to FCC mode and using app version 3.1.8.
CE mode triggered RTH after only 1,700ft (520m) at 300ft altitude.
FCC mode got to 10,000ft (3,050m) at 300ft altitude on same flight path.
To switch to FCC mode, I followed the instructions posted here (Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE) I used option 2.
Thanks!
Which firmware? And do you think it would work for P3S?

Thanks!
Which firmware? And do you think it would work for P3S?
I'll need to get back to you on the FW version but I'm sure it's the latest release (updated at the start of January when I first started flying. As for P3S, I couldn't answer as I think the solution on that post was specific to P3SE. I am unsure if the setting is based on the location of the drone or the app.

I'll need to get back to you on the FW version but I'm sure it's the latest release (updated at the start of January when I first started flying. As for P3S, I couldn't answer as I think the solution on that post was specific to P3SE. I am unsure if the setting is based on the location of the drone or the app.

Ok Derek... I think that's the problem for many of us - there are a few tips like this but not all for the drone we are flying. I'm not even sure if it makes it much difference but I would think each version is specific to a specific model?

ce, post: 1331483, member: 106915"]I'll need to get back to you on the FW version but I'm sure it's the latest release (updated at the start of January when I first started flying. As for P3S, I couldn't answer as I think the solution on that post was specific to P3SE. I am unsure if the setting is based on the location of the drone or the app.[/QUOTE]

hello, with the application that I use, it is not necessary to use fake gps, just uninstall the application that we are using at this moment and delete the amap folders. here maps and dji, and we installed the modified application and to fly, a greeting

to be clear must he touch the firmware of the drone to be able to fly in fcc with the modified android application yes or nn I read a lot of things here where there

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel