P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
to be clear must he touch the firmware of the drone to be able to fly in fcc with the modified android application yes or nn I read a lot of things here where there
Dans ce sujet, il s'agit maintenant d'une «Phantom 3 Standard». C'est un autre type de drone qui fonctionne avec un firmware différent.

[QUOTE = "dav2a, post: 1331841, member: 107751"] para ser claro debe tocar el firmware del dron para poder volar en fcc con la aplicación de Android modificada sí o no leo un montón de cosas aquí donde [/CITAR]
hi dav2a, I have the latest firmware, with the modified application that I use, I do not have to change the firmware.

[QUOTE = "dav2a, post: 1332136, member: 107751"] ¿Tiene un enlace en su última aplicación de modificación androïd [/ QUOTE]
yes, it is in the description of the video that you publish, you only need a Rar type program to unzip the file, and uninstall your current application and delete the amap folders. here maps and dji are hidden folders you will need a file explorer, I hope this helps you, best regards

Reactions: dav2a
Unfortunately I gave it up, sold my loved P3SE, and bought a P3Prof. This bird brings offically about 3km (open area) in Europe. I love it, but the compass seemed to be better in the P3SE, or at least it had much less interference (based on the APP messages)...

Unfortunately I gave it up, sold my loved P3SE, and bought a P3Prof. This bird brings offically about 3km (open area) in Europe. I love it, but the compass seemed to be better in the P3SE, or at least it had much less interference (based on the APP messages)...

Almost the same here: I found a very good deal on a Phantom 3 Advanced and I just sold my SE.
I have to admit the SE is a very good bird, but the Advanced is far away better, even if the camera is "only" 2,7K.
It's been a nice experience anyway: even if I had to fight hard to make it work fine I found this amazing community, it was totally worth it!

Hello all.

I have a question for Psycho Andy. Write what is the better P3 A from P3 SE?
Of course, I know that the range and preview is better but something else? On many forums I read that P3 A and P3 Pro are better in everything from SE and S but the details are always missing.

I have P3 Standart and P3 SE myself. P3 SE has FW 1.5.4 factory and the application is 3.1.8 with modification from Russians. I have FCC all the time and I fly above 1.2 km without any problems, so I'm glad I do not have any problems.

Hello all.

Of course, I know that the range and preview is better but something else? On many forums I read that P3 A and P3 Pro are better in everything from SE and S but the details are always missing.

I have P3 Standart and P3 SE myself. P3 SE has FW 1.5.4 factory and the application is 3.1.8 with modification from Russians. I have FCC all the time and I fly above 1.2 km without any problems, so I'm glad I do not have any problems.
Perhaps you know the expression 'Never change a winning team.' When you are satisfied with your current configuration, I would just keep it that way.

Despite the fact that there are many users who go back to the P3A and the P3P you have to understand that with these drones you choose older technology. The P3SE is a newly developed drone with the knowledge and experience of today.
For example, consider the quality difference of the camera in the P3A and the P3SE.

If you want to opt for progress, then I advise you to choose a Phantom 4 or a Mavic.

That's why I ask Andy why he came back to older technology. What's so good about P3 A that it is much better than the SE?
Such is my curiosity.

Hello all.

As you said hte signal strenght is the most obvious thing, and I don't mean just "range", I really mean "strenght"!
SE is very susceptible to interferences: in the same place my SE used to have issues (weack signal, laggy fpv..) my 3advanced dont' show any weackness!
But what impressed me was that videos and pictures takne with the advanced look somehow "better" than the ones of the SE: details, saturation, colours, all seems better and need less post production.
Add to this that filters for advanced (which are "screwed" to the camera) are easyer to find and you will see my point!
This doesn't mean that the SE is a bad Aircraft, it's awesome for the price, but if you can grab a used advanced (with backpack, accessories and two batteries charged less times than mine! lol!) for the same price as a new SE you might think about it!
ANyway I'm very happy I started my adventure with DJI with the SE: I acknowledge soon how to behave with dji (poor support, useless updates often lowering performances, etc.) but find myself learning about Phantoms with a very nice bird!

Hello Akoss! :)
I happy to hear about you. I have seen your SE to go on eBay. I was near to do the same, but finally I stay, and now can fly with my SE over 3 km as well :)
And I can say thank you to you as well, because you was one of the pioniers, who helped us to find the way to the solution for our flying dragons :)

Perhaps you know the expression 'Never change a winning team.' When you are satisfied with your current configuration, I would just keep it that way.

Despite the fact that there are many users who go back to the P3A and the P3P you have to understand that with these drones you choose older technology. The P3SE is a newly developed drone with the knowledge and experience of today.
For example, consider the quality difference of the camera in the P3A and the P3SE.

If you want to opt for progress, then I advise you to choose a Phantom 4 or a Mavic.

Reading this back I have to say that what you say is not accurate: the only thing making the Advanced/Professional "older" than the SE is the 4K resolution!
Technically speaking Pro and Adv are yet more "advanced" than the SE as the protocol used for transmission is more stable and less affected by interferences.
On the camera side they technically shoot exaclty the same videos if used in FHD (1080P), I did not check the 2.7K but it's sure they same, and even pictures are the same size as the SE.
They seem to share the same 2/3" sensor, which is also che same of the phantom 4 Standard!
So don't think date of release or a higher number in the name will grant you better tachnology! ;)
What I really don't know is what it's up to the different "look" of videos and pictures: P3A seems to have better contrast, colour balance, sharpness and saturation in both videos and pictures.
It's not a big issue with pictures if you shoot in raw, but it helps a lot with videos requiring much less post production!
Might be something different inside the camera or something software in the firmware, I don't know but so it is!
Anyway for me it was not a matter of "better/more advanced technology", it was more what I want to do with my drone and I found out the P3A was a better solution than the SE, but it's just me!
I enjoyed my SE and don't regret buying it, indeed I would suggest it against a P3Standard always to anyone who wants to start with DJI!
Thanx everybody here for helping solving the pronblems we had!
I'll keep on helping if and whenever I can! ;)

Hello Akoss! :)
I happy to hear about you. I have seen your SE to go on eBay. I was near to do the same, but finally I stay, and now can fly with my SE over 3 km as well :)
And I can say thank you to you as well, because you was one of the pioniers, who helped us to find the way to the solution for our flying dragons :)
I'm happy to heat that... How did you manage it? Is the solution in this thread? I didn't follow it in the last few month, but really curious about it. I loved my SE, still somewhere closer to my heart than the Prof, but now I can notice the difference.

So really curious!...

That's not an issue, just a software issue. No worry about that, until you can not control your gimbal from the remote. Sometimes I got this message, but sometimes it was okay in the status. In both case it was working fine...

I'm happy to heat that... How did you manage it? Is the solution in this thread? I didn't follow it in the last few month, but really curious about it. I loved my SE, still somewhere closer to my heart than the Prof, but now I can notice the difference.

So really curious!...
Hi, the solution was the modded DJI Go app, which switch, and stay always in FCC mode. No more stress with that :)

I finally switched from good old 3.1.8 all way forward to 3.1.34 modded version. Must say guys, what a quality jump! It works flawlessly with much better video feed and signal strength/quality. It will prompt for WiFi region, but after pressing OK nothing happens, FCC is still ON. Now my P3SE became a monster :)
Don't know whether it will switch to FCC from CE automatically or not, but it will stay there for sure.

I finally switched from good old 3.1.8 all way forward to 3.1.34 modded version. Must say guys, what a quality jump! It works flawlessly with much better video feed and signal strength/quality. It will prompt for WiFi region, but after pressing OK nothing happens, FCC is still ON. Now my P3SE became a monster :)
Don't know whether it will switch to FCC from CE automatically or not, but it will stay there for sure.

That's good info.
1- What do you mean by having 3.1.34 "Modded" version? Where do you get access to this version (i assume if it is modded, it is not available from DJI).
2- What range are you getting with this version?
3- Have you been able to verify if it does in fact revert back to CE mode or if it remains in FCC?
4- Are you running this version in android or iOS?

If anyone else has updated to this version (in a CE area), can anyone else confirm that it remains in FCC or at least has a vastly improved range?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20