New P4 World Record!!! 13.38 miles 70,685 feet and back with the P4 I knew it could be done and I finally did it!!! Thanks to Paul Shaffer from FPVCUSTOMS.COM for setting me up with this monster mod!!! A lot of people just gave up on the P4. I have been saying for years it has untapped potential I think I have proven that with this flight!!! Jun 1st, 2018 06:27AM | General / Overview | Drone Flight Log from DJI GO app, version 2.8.3 on iOS | Total Mileage: 141,607 ft | United States | Airdata UAV
What props are you using?

I flew my stock P4 with windsurfers out to 18,569.5 ft today and made it back with over three minutes of battery left
IMG_0165.jpg

Reactions: dirtybum
Where is that written?
Actually, it is supposed to be 5km, 3.1 miles, or 16,400 feet. I was confusing it with the P4P. I never got more than 1.5 miles stock on the P4, but using the same modded RC that I used on the P3P, I got over 30,000 feet away on the P4. If you want real stock range, get a Mavic 2 at over 5 miles! :cool:

Actually, it is supposed to be 5km, 3.1 miles, or 16,400 feet. I was confusing it with the P4P. I never got more than 1.5 miles stock on the P4, but using the same modded RC that I used on the P3P, I got over 30,000 feet away on the P4. If you want real stock range, get a Mavic 2 at over 5 miles! :cool:
Active or passive RC mod?

Mavic 2 will get 3 bars at 6 miles and outdoes my stock P4s without even trying.

I've been away for a while and but I picked up another P4s ( as they call them now). I thought I had posted my longest distance last year but I don't see it on the list :(. So it's an old one from may of 17.
Only All stock but wind surfers on the antenna's.
Please add me Jake.
JakeMaxxUAV
Phxbird57

Last edited:
long rang phantom 4 of 8,3 km or 5,1841 miles or 27.372 feet all original, only using baffle in the radio, can follow in the video that I did also.

But I could not go back :-(

follow the print, video and log.

long range.jpg

Last edited:
long rang phantom 4 of 8,3 km or 5,1841 miles or 27.372 feet all original, only using baffle in the radio, can follow in the video that I did also.

But I could not go back :-(

follow the print, video and log.

View attachment 106629
You could have easily made it back to the Home Point by simply stopping the descent with full left stick and flying on back. Until the battery reaches less than 3.0V on a single cell, it will allow you to fight the descent, even well past 0% remaining battery. On the P4, you still have about a minute of flight time left, even after reaching 0% remaining battery.

You had about 3 minutes of flight time left when it started Autoland and you were 2421m or 1.5 miles away. At 30mph, you would have required 3 minutes before a truly forced descent. Just keep walking towards the drone during the last 10% and be under it by the time it reaches the ground!
IMG_4316.PNG

Last edited:
You could have easily made it back to the Home Point by simply stopping the descent with full left stick and flying on back. Until the battery reaches less than 3.0V on a single cell, it will allow you to fight the descent, even well past 0% remaining battery. On the P4, you still have about a minute of flight time left, even after reaching 0% remaining battery.

You had about 3 minutes of flight time left when it started Autoland and you were 2421m or 1.5 miles away. At 30mph, you would have required 3 minutes before a truly forced descent. Just keep walking towards the drone during the last 10% and be under it by the time it reaches the ground! View attachment 106634

I was wondering where someone who knew so much about the subject had appeared, now I know kkkkk Thank you very much for the valuable tips

Thanks, the topic is no longer being updated with the information?

Or mine to be valid, would I have to return to the point of origin?

Thanks, the topic is no longer being updated with the information?

Or mine to be valid, would I have to return to the point of origin?
Returning was never a requirement, since these were range tests, rather than battery tests, but external batteries certainly aided those with longer ranges! The thread is no longer actively monitored, as the P4 is ancient by current DJI standards.

Reactions: dirtybum
Thats great for stock battery/no bat mod. Too bad @maxxuav doesn't maintain this thread, you deserve to be added. Mad props joe

Thank you. I've been reading these leader-board posts for a couple months and I finally decided to jump in. I'm actively building a battery modded P3 (mod parts ordered from FPVCustoms) and I'll be using some of you and your comrades techniques to see if I can get on the P3 open-class board.

It's officially flying season in AZ, FL and other parts. Maybe the leader-board activity will pick up again...

Reactions: phxbird57 and Aumoe
Thank you. I've been reading these leader-board posts for a couple months and I finally decided to jump in. I'm actively building a battery modded P3 (mod parts ordered from FPVCustoms) and I'll be using some of you and your comrades techniques to see if I can get on the P3 open-class board.

It's officially flying season in AZ, FL and other parts. Maybe the leader-board activity will pick up again...

Skip the fpv customs next time, you can do it yourself and is part of the experience. We will guide you through [emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl