Official P3 Range Leaderboard

I find the DJI stock props very reliable never broken one and I have been flying my battery modded P3 for years..so you should be good with those two 2200mah batteries.

Do Not Try This at Home

My “New Tech” arrived today. I was wrong with Unknown charging his batteries to 4.5V per cell. The ESC beeps and you get an error with that much voltage. It errored until I took it down to 4.46V per cell then it fired up no problem.
IMG_7795.JPG
IMG_0232.PNG

Do Not Try This at Home

My “New Tech” arrived today. I was wrong with Unknown charging his batteries to 4.5V per cell. The ESC beeps and you get an error with that much voltage. It errored until I took it down to 4.46V per cell then it fired up no problem. View attachment 100425 View attachment 100426
Looks like you have a pretty nice lipo charger in the picture!!! My "new tech is not a charger that can bring my batteries up to 4.46 though. I wish you the best of luck though Chazz. Looking forward to your results.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I finally finished my radio mod.
I did some testing in a residential area. In some situations the video signal(rx) is weak but the radio signal(Tx) is very strong. Is this normal?
How to increase the strength of the radio receiver?

Booster works with the 32 channel mod app ?

my setup:
2x sunhans 2.5W + 7db argtek patch antennas

What is the maximun distance that you get in urban area?
Do you starts lose video signal at which distance?

What is the maximun distance that you get in urban area?
Do you starts lose video signal at which distance?

4100 metros com 90m de altitude...fiquei com dois pontos de sinal de video(cor vermelha) , mas não perdi o sinal..O sinal de radio permaneceu 100% , sem nenhuma perda...mas não voei sobre a cidade ou casas...Fiz o voo margeando uma estrada , porém com bairros dos dois lados da pista.

4100 metros com 90m de altitude...fiquei com dois pontos de sinal de video(cor vermelha) , mas não perdi o sinal..O sinal de radio permaneceu 100% , sem nenhuma perda...mas não voei sobre a cidade ou casas...Fiz o voo margeando uma estrada , porém com bairros dos dois lados da pista.

Muito boa essa marca de mais de 4km!
Eu estou com 2 Sunhans 3W + 2 Painéis Alfa 7dbi no meu Phantom 3 Advanced e mal consigo 1,5km (aliás, isso eu conseguia com as antenas originais)
A montagem física está bem parecida com a sua.
Estou um pouco decepcionado.

Eu estou com 2 Sunhans 3W + 2 Painéis Alfa 7dbi no meu Phantom 3 Advanced e mal consigo 1,5km (aliás, isso eu conseguia com as antenas originais)

Attachments

• 20180617_182238_rmedited.jpg
    20180617_182238_rmedited.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 295

Os dois cabos de RF internos ao controle você comprou aonde?

talvez seus paineis são de má qualidade..

This leaderboard is sponsored by Maxx UAV. For all your signal and range improvement needs, check out maxxuav.com

USA Customers: maxxuav.com
Canada Customers: maxxuav.ca
Europe Customers: maxxuav.eu

Each store ships world wide!

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was and tag me in the post with @JakeMaxxUAV

This is for farthest distance away from home, not total distance traveled.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

Return Flights

1. Pablo Chacon - 70,545 ft - ARC 19dBi Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. dirtybum - 63,160 ft - Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. Digdat0 - 60,937 ft- Pro97 Sniper, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. mohan - 57,572 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
5. FLPTFLYER 56,911 ft - ItElite Atlas, Boosted, Battery Mod
6. Ed209 -
54,287 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
7. Rueben - 54,237 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
8. Fanti - 52,976 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod

9. Lee SK - 52,406 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
10. Silverwingflinx - 47,203 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
11. ray rokni - 46,837 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
12. Pluto88888 - 44,070 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
13. Ozziebattler - 42,746 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
14. mandalay - 42,061 ft - Windsurfer, Battery Mod
15. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted, Battery Mod
16. Horizonimg - 40,508 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod
17. Phantom751874 - 40,425 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
18. Fredz - 40,277 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
19. Atlantic Surfer - 37,823 ft - Windsurfer, Battery Mod
20. Alan Russell - 37,112 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
21. mrdave543 - 34,233 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
22. NoBiffBetter - 30,199 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Battery Mod
23. tml4191 - 29,958 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
24. RocketBrew- 26,550 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
25. Sputnik28 - 25,528 ft - Stock
26. Jtrjr - 25,209.5 ft - Windsurfer
27. Phantoss - 23,009 ft - Stock
28. cjoffutt - 22,366 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted

29. Phantomfreak - 22,324 ft - Windsurfer
30. phxbird57 - 22,183 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna

Suicide Missions (One Way)
1. Pablo Chacon - 128,731 ft - ARC 19dBi Antenna, Boosted, Battery Mod (Post #1850)
2. dirtybum - 101,657.3 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted, Battery Mod
3. mohan - 65,500 ft - Horizon Terminator, Boosted
4. Ed209 - 55,075 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted, Battery Mod
5. Lee SK - 49,352 ft - Horizon ESLR - Battery Mod
6. Prowler - 41,226 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna
7. Sputnik28 - 30,834 ft - Stock

Last edited:
Only seeing now - distance must be one way not round trip - OK, I'll try that next, though landscape in Ireland and land ownership and access, is not conducive to long distance one way

Last edited:
@dirtybum what do you think about Unknowns record run? Those Florida flyers must have figured out a way to harness electricity from the air?:)

Nah, its not electric, they've been working w/ a gas powered drone and have adapted the p3 (and maybe p4) fight controller to it.
I dont know if its really true buuuuut.
You didnt hear it from me though[emoji41]

Reactions: phxbird57
Nah, its not electric, they've been working w/ a gas powered drone and have adapted the p3 (and maybe p4) fight controller to it.
I dont know if its really true buuuuut.
You didnt hear it from me though[emoji41]

Isn't that cheating..... using gas instead of the original electricity

Isn't that cheating..... using gas instead of the original electricity
I think dirtybum was joking. In all seriousness, I'm from Ohio and traveled to the mythical spot myself back in April. I flew with unknowncaller and can tell ya the spot itself lends itself for long range flying. Next year I'll be returning with much more mAh capacity.
1532012484703.jpg

I think dirtybum was joking. In all seriousness, I'm from Ohio and traveled to the mythical spot myself back in April. I flew with unknowncaller and can tell ya the spot itself lends itself for long range flying. Next year I'll be returning with much more mAh capacity. View attachment 101446

To be honest I wasnt really joking. That spot is special to fly in the respect that you can stay at low elevations for long ranges. And there may even be something magic about Floridas atmospheric/geographic location that works better with battery conditioning.
But that kind of distance on full camera gimble and only two dji batteries is not going to produce those #'s! (My opinion based on experience)
If 25 of us spent $ on this magic fpv customs mod that has been pimped out on every one of unknowns recent posts (for the record, paul @ fpv customs is a stand up guy) I dont have confidence that it would take any of us over 50,000 ft and back.
Hopefully someone buys it and tries but it wont be me because I believe from everything I've heard that there's something else to it. My 2 cent means jack.

Back in the day when a group of people didnt believe that Digdat went 55k on windsurfers alone he then went through the trouble to prove it by filming a second trip from take off to land showing footage a/c take off/land and controller #'s. At the time I didn't think he needed to that. But he sure shut em up when he did[emoji41]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav