Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Back in the day when a group of people didnt believe that Digdat went 55k on windsurfers alone he then went through the trouble to prove it by filming a second trip from take off to land showing footage a/c take off/land and controller #'s. At the time I didn't think he needed to that. But he sure shut em up when he did[emoji41]
actions speak louder than words

Nah, its not electric, they've been working w/ a gas powered drone and have adapted the p3 (and maybe p4) fight controller to it.
I dont know if its really true buuuuut.
You didnt hear it from me though
emoji41.png
To be honest I wasnt really joking. That spot is special to fly in the respect that you can stay at low elevations for long ranges. And there may even be something magic about Floridas atmospheric/geographic location that works better with battery conditioning.
But that kind of distance on full camera gimble and only two dji batteries is not going to produce those #'s! (My opinion based on experience)
If 25 of us spent $ on this magic fpv customs mod that has been pimped out on every one of unknowns recent posts (for the record, paul @ fpv customs is a stand up guy) I dont have confidence that it would take any of us over 50,000 ft and back.
Hopefully someone buys it and tries but it wont be me because I believe from everything I've heard that there's something else to it. My 2 cent means jack.

I'll make a Facebook live video next time I go down to the lake that's not a problem. I've actually gotten a little bit more juice out of my MS 5200's , and yes that's what I'm using. This morning I got 12 minutes and 20 seconds out of the first 10% pretty awesome huh?

I know you're not saying I'm cheating cuz you and I have known each other for you know I'm just really into this long-range stuff. I'll make the video and then you'll see. I got nothing to hide brother!

Attachments

• 20180810_064213.jpg
    20180810_064213.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 391
Reactions: Mark The Droner
Nah, its not electric, they've been working w/ a gas powered drone and have adapted the p3 (and maybe p4) fight controller to it.
You didnt hear it from me though[emoji41]
They aren't there yet. Trust me I've looked into it Mike. the smallest one that they put out all up with fuel is about 5 kilos.

I was going to buy one for my m600 but it would have maxed out the payload and wouldn't have been much of a performance bump you really need a serious heavy lifter for one of those. Like a foxtech Gaia 160. One of those with the hybrid system gets about 5 hours of flight time.

As far as I know though they don't make a 2-stroke engine small enough to be able to be flown by the P3 and that's before the fuel. If Paul or myself had one I would certainly not keep it a secret. I'd be monetizing that system for sure!

To be honest I wasnt really joking. That spot is special to fly in the respect that you can stay at low elevations for long ranges. And there may even be something magic about Floridas atmospheric/geographic location that works better with battery conditioning.
But that kind of distance on full camera gimble and only two dji batteries is not going to produce those #'s! (My opinion based on experience)
If 25 of us spent $ on this magic fpv customs mod that has been pimped out on every one of unknowns recent posts (for the record, paul @ fpv customs is a stand up guy) I dont have confidence that it would take any of us over 50,000 ft and back.
Hopefully someone buys it and tries but it wont be me because I believe from everything I've heard that there's something else to it. My 2 cent means jack.
No I think he's being serious bro! It's all good though. Think this is a stretch you should see the comments I get with my 40 + minutes spark flights! Some of them think I attached the spark to another bigger drone! LOL that's funny stuff!

You didnt hear it from me though[emoji41]

Not gas DB just crazy overcharged batteries and yes a nice flying spot. If you look back at his air data you'll see 18.4V, that's 4.6V per cell to start. Air data added something new called HD flight player on the General/Notification page. You can see his flight voltage.

I was only able to gain a few min with overcharging to 4.46V so i started looking at other things. I originally thought that was a limit and there was no way to charge over 17.84V or 4.46V per cell without getting an esc error. I was wrong. I can tell you the key to getting over that limit is to just make sure it powers up at under the 17.84V then after that the sky's the limit. ;)

18.4V.PNG
18.4V2.PNG

Here is a video of my latest P4 flight proving it's just overcharged externals along with FPV Customs mods. It's got a drone mod. Some small things stripped off. You can see there's nothing else.

The flight was over 71 thousand feet almost 52 min and I prob had about 8-10 min more flight time.

I'm sorry the commentary is pretty lame. Hard to hold a camera and fly a drone in landing mode. I had to put it down a couple times.

I know it's not a P3 but I wanted to try out these new multistar 4000 12C batteries they are 50 grams heavier a piece versus the old 10C batteries.

They definitely just seem to have more top-end then the 10C batteries almost as good as the lihv version of the MS 10C batteries. I didn't go too far into the bottom end but they held up well in landing mode. Need to do a few more tests with them.

Dropbox - 20180812_075458.mp4

Attachments

• IMG_0085.PNG
    IMG_0085.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0084.PNG
    IMG_0084.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 309
  • Screenshot_2018-08-12-09-22-40.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-12-09-22-40.png
    850.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
You mean its really not gas powered[emoji41] i must just being skeptical and jealous because im not seing anywhere near those results w/ same bats.

Are you guys still planning on doing runs with the P3 once it gets nice out? I know new models are out now.

You guys got hit hard with some bruuuuu cold weather. I was chatting with dirty Bum. to cold for me

It was really bad man, good to hear some chatter on here! I have some plans to get on the leaderboard, I've been to broke to keep up with the hobby. Hopeful to get something going soon!

For sure the weather in the UK has been crap of late but will be going for a new best distance soon
:)

Its still a very capable a/c. There are some skilled distance flyers who werent around for this model over on the mav2 leaderboard. I've encouraged them to give this p3 a try, you know thw mav series has a dji distance limit set at 59,000 and some of them skilled flyers are hitting that w/ battery to spare. At very least over here they can experience 60+ and not be bummed when their much cheaper p3 crash and burns[emoji41]

Reactions: phxbird57
Actually no camera mod , no weight mods it is a P3 right out the box direct modded with a pair of 5200's on it. I have the video up on my Facebook page Keith McCormick anyone that wants to see it is welcome to check it out. I purposely aim the camera down during the flight so everyone can see that it is still on the gimbal.

I realize this post is old, but I'm curious. Two extra 5200 LIHV seems like a lot of extra weight. Are you also removing the internal battery and just running the two 5200s?

Yep way to much weight..anything over 550 grams is asking to much. But there have been pilots who have gone over and smashed long distance records.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl