New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4

I did the update and the dropping issue is fixed! But now when I move in any direction at all, the camera/gimbal jumps all around for about 1-2 seconds then straightens up. Anyone else seen this?
I've experience that type of weird phenomenon at least once or twice when I had the camera tilted straight down. I know what you mean.

I did the update and the dropping issue is fixed! But now when I move in any direction at all, the camera/gimbal jumps all around for about 1-2 seconds then straightens up. Anyone else seen this?
Haven't seen it, but an IMU calibration, followed by a gimbal calibration, might fix it. Give it a try.

I was about to return mine the day before the new FW was released, I live in Thailand and would have been hit with 40% import duty if I had done that, I offered to become a beta teaster to try the FW I new was out but they refused, Lucky I waited a few days because now it's perfect. Still nt happy with DJI, can't believe all these people tanking them for the update, it shouldn't have been a problem in the first place
I agree! Why to be thankful for something that the manufacturer should have done before delivery to the end-user.

I just returned from the park, and my P4 is flying the way it SHOULD HAVE when it was delivered! It took a long several months, and while I wish it would never have had the drop in the first place, I'm VERY happy that the trouble SEEMS to have been fixed!

The gimbal/camera jumps all around or just tilts for a few seconds before leveling? Which firmware did you update from?

My horizon was solid with the firmware BEFORE 1.1.411 (even when turning/banking), then I updated and it got all wishy-washy, tilting badly when turning or banking, then slowly leveling.

That said, the latest firmware eliminated the altitude drop, so that's nice. I'd imagine next major firmware revision will address horizon tilt...hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The gimbal/camera jumps all around or just tilts for a few seconds before leveling? Which firmware did you update from?

My horizon was solid with the firmware BEFORE 1.1.411 (even when turning/banking), then I updated and it got all wishy-washy, tilting badly when turning or banking, then slowly leveling.

That said, the latest firmware eliminated the altitude drop, so that's nice. I'd imagine next major firmware revision will address horizon tilt...hopefully.

A cold IMU calibration, followed by a gimbal calibration, should correct that, after the firmware update. If not, use the gimbal roll, to make the final adjustment to keep the horizon level.

A cold IMU calibration, followed by a gimbal calibration, should correct that, after the firmware update. If not, use the gimbal roll, to make the final adjustment to keep the horizon level.

Thank you for the suggestions, but I've already done that...about a million times. :)

Gimbal roll adjustment doesn't help the floating horizon tilt while turning/banking. It comes back to level after a few seconds of straight forward flight. But the horizon gets ruined anytime I'm not just hovering or flying straight.

I'll probably reluctantly send it sometime soon...

I also still have the gimbal problem-o:eek:

What'd you get banned over "there" for?

I told moderator DJI-Ken that he was "grasping at straws" when, after watching a user-posted P4 video of an obviously-tilted horizon, he said that "the camera is fine, it's the ground that's tilted." Boom...banned.

They're a little touchy about their glaring problems over there.

After update my Camera feed back to tablet is very dark along with the video and pictures taken (sunny day), when changed to Manual it brightness back up. Never a problem using auto until today

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestions, but I've already done that...about a million times. :)

Gimbal roll adjustment doesn't help the floating horizon tilt while turning/banking. It comes back to level after a few seconds of straight forward flight. But the horizon gets ruined anytime I'm not just hovering or flying straight.

I'll probably reluctantly send it sometime soon...

I've noticed that on my P3P's on older firmware, so it may get sorted out eventually, if there isn't a hardware problem causing it.

My issue with a cold IMU calibration is that I can't seem to get it cold enough, Summer is here in California.

My issue with a cold IMU calibration is that I can't seem to get it cold enough, Summer is here in California.
I use a portable air conditioner, and set the aircraft on a small folding table so that the AC blows directly into the empty aircraft hull, with the battery removed, and set the battery next to it, to chill it as well. After about 10 minutes, with the RC and the app already running, I insert the battery, power up, and do an immediate IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface, using a golf aid that measures green slope. Some use their car AC if they don't have any other AC source. It works, even in CA! :cool:

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
I just stick mine in the fridge for about 30 min.
works every time.

Refrigeration isn't recommended because of the high humidity, but whatever works! :cool:

Just to clarify on this subject, again, the humidity in the fridge is not high, and that is not the problem. Water vapor does not condense onto a warm object placed in a fridge. The problem is caused when the cold aircraft is removed from the fridge into warm air, causing water vapor in the warm air to condense onto the aircraft

Installed new firmware, recalled IMU and gimbal. Only one 17 minute flight today and no more yoyo.YIPPY. Pryor to the update my gimbal tilt small and only in some direction of flight, but I had NO gimbal tilt at all in this first flight! The wind was at least 15mph and all was right on even in s mode doing 40mph. My bird was probably the third production batch and I did not think this upgrade would fix the tilt. Hope it stays that way, now this bird rocks.

Hi guys,

no more yaw yaw,

but I encounterd for twice spontaneous altitude change:

- first flight after update I climbed to 20 meters, when it started to slowly gain altitude by itself! It stopped at 65 meters, but when I returned it to land (was not responsive during climbing!), it showed -30 meters (negative altitude).

- second flight, in first minute, it spontaneously descended by several meters, again uncontrollably. Yes, it was low ambient light condition, but still I never experienced anything like this before or on p3a which I have. Again, on landing it showed positive altitude but not zero.

I was told on some rc forum, that this is new, yet undocumented, barometric pressure sensor calibration procedure, but I Don't buy it. Still indeed, after this happens, next take off and flight is rock solid in the air.

wtf......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart