New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4

It's been one of the most discussed topics on this forum since the Phantom 4 release. When you stop from forward flight the Phantom would drop 5-10 feet in altitude before stabilizing to a hover.
My latest crash was due to this altitude drop. Trying to fly close to the top of a cliff edge/altitude and stopped before cliff and momentum carried it down about 2-5 feet and hit sandy cliff. Didn't destroy P4, but lucky I could recover it.

Reactions: Croatian drone
My latest crash was due to this altitude drop. Trying to fly close to the top of a cliff edge/altitude and stopped before cliff and momentum carried it down about 2-5 feet and hit sandy cliff. Didn't destroy P4, but lucky I could recover it.

Obstacle avoidance didn't work?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is this attitude drop that you guys speak of happening in sports mode? If so, it happens to me too.

I've completed the firmware update, IMU calibration, and am just waiting to get out and fly it. I am holding my breath, and crossing my fingers, until I see if the drop issue is corrected (or at least minimized). This is the main reason I've been less than thrilled with my P4. If this did, indeed, fix the problem, then I will be one happy camper!!

I've completed the firmware update, IMU calibration, and am just waiting to get out and fly it. I am holding my breath, and crossing my fingers, until I see if the drop issue is corrected (or at least minimized). This is the main reason I've been less than thrilled with my P4. If this did, indeed, fix the problem, then I will be one happy camper!!
It's fixed...
P4 is now solid as an old P3!

OUTSTANDING! I intend to go try mine out tomorrow morning. it's already almost 100 degrees here today, and, since I have to work out in that all week, the LAST thing I want to do is go out in it on the weekend!! Hehehehe

Reactions: Croatian drone
Croatian drone can now fly like Apache helicopter [emoji1]

And i fly stady my P4 as my old P3P :p
I'm happy, and in the same moment sad for people who have problems with P4....

I have questions related to the update but not the yo-yo.

1. During the last updates, I remember reading 2 people saying the RC camera/video shutter buttons were acting funny. One said the button didn't work and the other said you had to hold it for like 1.5 seconds before it worked.

2. Anyone having trouble still with blurry video in D-Log or any other film mode?

I have questions related to the update but not the yo-yo.

1. During the last updates, I remember reading 2 people saying the camera/video RC shutter buttons acting funny. One said the button didn't work and the other said you had to hold it for like 1.5 seconds before it worked.

2. Anyone having trouble still with blurry video in D-Log or any other film mode?
Only in transmission of video sometimes, but not on recorded video..

Reactions: zacksomeone
I haven't tested in gusty winds yet but so far I see an improvement in P-GPS mode but not sports mode. Still drops over five feet--even after it stops in a hover.

I haven't tested in gusty winds yet but so far I see an improvement in P-GPS mode but not sports mode. Still drops over five feet--even after it stops in a hover.
Try reinstalling the firmware update and then doing a IMU calibration that kind of work for me because when I first updated it was still dropping. Oh and also calibrate the front and bottom sensors.

I did calibrate the four cameras and also tried a factory reset followed by recalibrating everything. But I guess I'll try a reinstall fwiw.

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
Has anybody had a problem with the gimbal keeping the camera tilted to the side after the update?....mine seems to be slanted to the side and doesn't was to straightened

Reactions: zacksomeone
Fixed it for me! :cool: Cold IMU calibration after the update now allows flight as soon as the Home Point is set, typically about 40 seconds after turning on the battery!

I did the update and the dropping issue is fixed! But now when I move in any direction at all, the camera/gimbal jumps all around for about 1-2 seconds then straightens up. Anyone else seen this?

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers