P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

eaed06e30c30c0280b99ee3c151a173b.jpg

Reactions: Mavericksan
Agree. My P4 was hibernated last month in it's original box and will just open every 6 month to watch batteries status. That's it.
I wish I had done that, I replace the blades on my P4 fluid for the first time today wrecked it again. I'm not going to fly until they get this firmware straightened out. So sad!

Too much uncertainty now with this device.

Last year he flown rock solid for real time video feed in public at rc field show. Did some manoeuvers close to expensive crafts. I'm not willing to repeat now as seing more risks of abnormals behaviors both craft and app.

Reactions: Echopiece
i bought a new phantom 4 and tried dji go4..it took off then intense lagging in video..i tried using my app i use for the p3pro to fly the 4 and worked like a charm it has all the features too active track,point of interest.and tap and go..im using dji app 2.7.2 and controller is 1.8.1..i upgraded litchi to the latest version and i can fly no problems with either app..and i get google maps too..il keep it that way

Reactions: David Kraft
Should I take the Dumldore route and try to go back to an earlier version? If so do I need to do anything about DJI go, I also fly a Mavic and the latest Go app with Quickshot etc is good and solid on the Mavic.
If I revert and it fails can I get back to the latest flawed version?
What are peoples experience. Thanks

Reactions: Echopiece
Should I take the Dumldore route and try to go back to an earlier version? If so do I need to do anything about DJI go, I also fly a Mavic and the latest Go app with Quickshot etc is good and solid on the Mavic.
If I revert and it fails can I get back to the latest flawed version?
What are peoples experience. Thanks
Interested to hear these answers as well.

Interested to hear these answers as well.
I downgraded with Dumlore to the previous version and flying like it used to. I’m using the latest remote firmware with no issues. On the IOS app I decided to downgrade to a previous version. That was harder to do but it worked. I have all updates turned off and basically have it locked to the current status. All the instructions for these changes are easily found on YouTube.

My reason was the updated firmware was flying worse than before and there were more restrictions as to where I could fly. I had previously flown around a building with the P2V with no issues. I wanted to remake that video with the P4. Right before I finally had a chance to go there the new firmware came in. I dutifully updated only to find I couldn’t take off from there now. After the downgrade, I was able to make that video. I tend to think I won’t be updating at all since there will likely be more restrictions added. I fly safe and responsible and prefer I make the decision whether to fly or not.

I also use Litchi and enjoy it’s features as well.

Geo

I'm running with Go4=v4.1.9, P4=v01.02.0602, RC=v1.9.3

@Jayfdee , @Echopiece : Yes you can always re-upgrade again to v2 latest. The Go4 and Assistant2 actually tries to force you, but i always skip because v2 makes my P4 flawed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayfdee
I'm running with Go4=v4.1.9, P4=v01.02.0602, RC=v1.9.3

@Jayfdee , @Echopiece : Yes you can always re-upgrade again to v2 latest. The Go4 and Assistant2 actually tries to force you, but i always skip because v2 makes my P4 flawed.
Thanks, I have downgraded to 01.02.602, all went well, but I have not flown it yet, I will report back.
Thanks to all the other posters, you are more help than DJI.

Thanks, I have downgraded to 01.02.602, all went well, but I have not flown it yet, I will report back.
Thanks to all the other posters, you are more help than DJI.
I did the same some weeks ago and it flew and flies smooth again. I also ignore the Firmware warning message in the GO App.

Reactions: CliveCopeman
I downgraded firmware on my P4 using DUMLdore, 1.02.0503 then 1.02.0602. Left controller alone. But when I went to fly the P4 it lifted quickly to about 1 foot and immediately bounced to the ground.

Any thoughts of what I did wrong?

I moved back up to current firmware to at least make it flyable again...

Thx!

I downgraded firmware on my P4 using DUMLdore, 1.02.0503 then 1.02.0602. Left controller alone. But when I went to fly the P4 it lifted quickly to about 1 foot and immediately bounced to the ground.

Any thoughts of what I did wrong?

I moved back up to current firmware to at least make it flyable again...

Thx!
double flash v1.02.0602, resetting to defaults in-between. also take out SD card just in case. you may have to re-calibrate VPS. Reset all your preferences inside Go4, make sure VPS is on. with VPS off, it will "drop hard", no matter what firmware you have.

I downgraded with Dumlore to the previous version and flying like it used to. I’m using the latest remote firmware with no issues. On the IOS app I decided to downgrade to a previous version. That was harder to do but it worked. I have all updates turned off and basically have it locked to the current status. All the instructions for these changes are easily found on YouTube.

My reason was the updated firmware was flying worse than before and there were more restrictions as to where I could fly. I had previously flown around a building with the P2V with no issues. I wanted to remake that video with the P4. Right before I finally had a chance to go there the new firmware came in. I dutifully updated only to find I couldn’t take off from there now. After the downgrade, I was able to make that video. I tend to think I won’t be updating at all since there will likely be more restrictions added. I fly safe and responsible and prefer I make the decision whether to fly or not.

I also use Litchi and enjoy it’s features as well.

Geo
what previous version of Go4 did you go with?

I'll try the double flash this weekend. Need to do some basic flying tomorrow...thx!

VPS was on and functioning when it dropped. Really no warning at all of symptoms prior to launch.

Well my roll back to 602 installed OK, but on testing, the VPS and forward sensors do not work, yes they were turned on.
I decided to reflash the latest Failware, which I flashed twice just to be sure. The sensors now work and on a limited test flight all seems OK, just a bit wobbly on full descent, which I can live with. I have been flying long enough to be in the habit of not descending fast vertically, I remember VRS, which fortunately seems to be a thing of the past.
I am now running the latest RC,DJI Go, and P4 updates. More testing required.

Well, I decided to try Litchi waypoint mission this weekend before I rolled back to 602, and I'm very glad I did.
After reinstall of latest firmware my P4 seems to be close to normal once again.
I ran the same Litchi waypoint mission 6 times recording 4K video and not once did I have the gimbal reset issue.
Keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

Reactions: Mavericksan
What is the gimbal reset issue ? I'm faceing issue with my gimbal camera keeps looking at my landing gear from time to time just before the app disconnects and stops recording once screen is back on the camera shows landing gear ?

What you describe is the gimbal issue that many people are complaining about with the latest firmware. The Gimbal goes through calibration in-flight. So video recording stops and when connection/feed is restored, you are seeing the landing gear of your P4. It eventually corrects to straight forward once the gimbal recalibration is finished. But your video shot is ruined...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl