P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

P4 BETA options:

Option 1) Private message DJI Diana (via DJI Forums) to be included in BETA (Include your DJI login and a brief reason for your need ["unsafe flight"], then wait a day or two) - (LINK: HOMEPAGE)

Option 2) For original P4 only -- DUMLDore Flash V02.00.0600 BETA without sdcard, and refresh it (re-flash) a second time. (LINKS : GitHub - jezzab/DUMLdore: Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade/Backup Tool V2.00 & dji_system.bin/V02.00.0600_P4_dji_system.bin at master · MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin · GitHub)

! Not responsible for any bricking ! - It worked for me.

Also double flashing V01.02.0602_P4_dji_system.bin would have worked too, you need not waste all this time waiting on next release (just read the damned posts).

! Not responsible for any bricking ! - It worked for me.

Also double flashing V01.02.0602_P4_dji_system.bin would have worked too, you need not waste all this time waiting on next release (just read the damned posts).

That may work for some people but it certainly did not work for me with my early P4.

That is the problem with this DJI firmware, there is no real consistency to which aircraft it affects. I went through a series of controlled firmware changes with DUMLDORE and the best I arrived at was getting the legendary Phantom stability back but inoperative Sonar and Visual collision avoidance sensors.

So my P4 remains grounded until DJI release a fix (still waiting after 5 months!) or just put it away and forget all about DJI stuff in the future. Such a bad customer experience.

Yep 5 months and nothing from DJI. I for one would like my money back and just to forget about DJI.

Here's my link to dumldor & the firmware binaries to downgrade: DJI Phantom 4 Firmware.zip
Hi All,
Well I tried and failed multiple times to downgrade. with or without dji *** 2, it always stops at 55%. Even when I tried to refresh using dji *** 2 it would stop at 55%. I am past pulling out my hair. I have been attempting this fix now for 3 days and its almost the same as the problems I have with my P3P. No image transmission signal. With the P4, it will fly but no photos or video and no live screen. Bottom line is I now have 2 drones with the same problem and they are all but grounded. I will be installing a secondhand gimbal motherboard on my P3P in 2 weeks when the part arrives from the USA with a friend, so hopefully I will have one usable drone soon.

On the DJI forum you can request Beta V02.00.0600 from the DJI Admins. Update using the RC if you have Windows 10 Creators update, a driver issue prevents successful use of DJI Assistant 2.

The forum thread is here BETA 02.00.0600

I updated tonight and hope to test fly on Saturday, weather permitting

On the DJI forum you can request Beta V02.00.0600 from the DJI Admins. Update using the RC if you have Windows 10 Creators update, a driver issue prevents successful use of DJI Assistant 2.

The forum thread is here BETA 02.00.0600

I updated tonight and hope to test fly on Saturday, weather permitting
Hi and thanks for this info, it actually makes the most sense to me this far as I have tried everything else. I did have some problems with my Dell XPS 15 some time ago and never gave it a thought to be part of the problem. Regards Rob

Here are my findings today on the first flight tests after updating to Beta v02.00.0600

Forward flight stability is now very good, as what it was before the July update of v02.00.0106. I flew three batteries using P and S modes, rapid vertical climb, rapid vertical descent, rapid angle climb and rapid angle descent and all performed flawlessly. There was absolutely no evidence of forward flight instability.

For reference, this is video taken earlier in 2017 that demonstrates the unstable forward flight:

Now I have two short clips of flights today using v02.00.0600 firmware

Remaining Problem:
There is one remaining problem that relates to the live video signal, which keeps breaking up. Ever since v02.00.xxxx firmware the live video has complained of interference and also breaking up, freezing, green screen and resuming. I think that the problem of video is worse in .0600 than even it was in .0106 (thats saying something!).

Bear in mind, this was happening in the middle of an isolated field, far away from homes with WiFi or anything else that might generate RF signals at that frequency.

This is dangerous when being used as FPV, and if in any close situations where space is restricted. The interruption of live video would be sufficient for a Pilot to collide with the surroundings in such circumstances.

Conclusion:
So, flight stability restored. Great.
Video instability still needs work.

Reactions: azelico
Hello!

I am french, my english is not so great so be tolerant ;)
I am strangling with my P4 since a couple of days, and I do not really not how to resolve my issue!

I didnt use my P4 for 2months, and I have been requested to update my firmwar when I switched on my Remote Control. Problem, during the upgrade my cable disconnected and I had a failure.
Ever since, my RC is KO.
I have to phone :

- Iphone 6 : I am able to go in the App, but it seems that I have an Unknow version in my RC and I am not able to downgrade or to reset it.
- Samsung 8, It is worst, when I connect it, It is telling me that I have an Inspire and that I need to download DJI Before P4.

I have attached some screenshot to illustrate my point.
Please help me... I have done every tutorial, and watched videos.. but nothing worked !

Thanks in advance for your help
Hervé

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 572
  • 2.png
    2.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 572
  • 3.png
    3.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 463
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 465
  • 6.png
    6.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 563
I have seen on various forums that there is a method to Reset the RC so perhaps this might help you if you haven't already tried it.

Can you try the 4 button Factory Reset? You need to hold the two back custom buttons (C1 & C2) whilst holding the Recording button and the Scroll Wheel, the one that adjusts ISO. You need to then hold the power button down whilst holding the above 4. You might want an extra pair of hands to try this.

I have seen on various forums that there is a method to Reset the RC so perhaps this might help you if you haven't already tried it.

Hello Handson, thanks for your reply, I have indeed already tried it. Btw on internet, i have seen several way to do it (press button combinasion), but no one worked!
RC seems not responding. As per what I am remember, when you are switching it on you RC you have a noise.. but here I have just light.. nothing else.

It is crazy that i have no choice to downgrade or reinitialized!
I am totaly blocked by a software issue.. I know It is not hardware :-(

Hervé

Sorry Hervé I don't know what else to suggest at this stage. Perhaps if no answer on this forum you could search RCG to see if anyone else has "bricked" a P4 RC.

@herbe , first i will say I do NOT know, but as a computer person, i will suggest this: turn it on and let it drain the battery completely; let it remain off for a long while, then recharge it at least half way and try another re-flash.

I apologize... More of a rant than a helpful post but I needed to rant a bit: I had avoided updating the firmware ever since it came out, since I had read all the issues everyone was having, etc... Then, the last time I tried flying, I got warnings stating that my flight was restricted (pretty much stuck at beginner mode type of restrictions) due to a mandatory firmware update... I said okay then... Guess I have to upgrade the firmware. I tried and got stuck at 99% then a warning saying my device was incompatible... Tried with both my iPad Pro and iPhone 7 Plus... Neither worked, then tried with the DJI Assistant 2, and that failed too. DJI was... Less than helpful lol. After several days of trying, I couldn't get it to work. I ended up having to send it out to DJI... I Tried reading through this forum to see what others have tried, and tried some of those things, but nothing seemed to work for me.. In the meantime, I bought myself an early Christmas present and got a DJI Spark (since they are $100 off at the moment, plus I had a $20 Best Buy gift card lol). I am more of a hobby photographer and between the Spark and the Phantom 4, I should be set for quite a while hopefully.

Edit: Just got my P4 back from DJI. Waiting for it to warm up so that I can do a test flight. I’ve tried turning it on and so far I’ve already had the gimbal not respond once. It went limp and wouldn’t move at all. Turned everything off and back on, and problem seemed to resolve itself. Hoping it doesn’t do it up in the air.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl