New Firmware 1.2.503 for Phantom 4

I updated as well and had the drop disappeared as well. But took it out the next day and the problem I had with the video pink and green lines returned. It was gone for one whole day. lol any ideas?
Try manual vs. auto chanel and lower the transmission to 4mb...
Works fo me ;)

So my P4 came back with a new board installed as well as the new firmware. I have one of the originals that was first launched and bought at the Apple Store. Happy to say all seems to be fixed but still get a inaccurate altitude reading after flying around. It is off by a couple feet and the last time was 20 feet. Did all the IMU yada yada. From what I hear that can be off I guess here and there, at least I'm not having the auto up or down anymore. Seem to have fixed the tilted horizon pretty well also (still a little tilted here and there) overall pretty happy now!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So, to summarize. There are different batches of serials of P4, and those will react in a different way to this firmware update.

If your P4 is of the batch which faces yaw yaw problem, this firmware will address the issue and fix it.

If your P4 is of the newer batch which mostly do not have this problem, this new firmware will mistakenly overcompensate the glitch and this will result in screwed barometric sensor function, so you very well may overestimate/ underestimate your altitude by dozen of meters. The craft may also ascend or descend by itself by a couple of dozens meters up or down.

Summary: do it on your risk! If it works, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT upgrade!

I can confirm with the following;

Looks like my P4 if of the newer batch because since I have installed latest firmware the altitude is inacurate as showing higher than reality. To confirm this I have flawn together with a friend who has a Yuneec Q500 and compared: his was just perfect as ie showing 1 meter from ground and mine almost double..

--> With this I got something scary; in RTH this is resulting with TOO LATE SPEED REDUCTION while descending and approaching close to the ground the last 5-10 meters, which is very SCARY so I have to compensate manually.

Generally I do not use RTH to land, but has to work fine as might be needed one day. I discovered this behavior while demo RTH feature to people (I use RTH sometimes as handy to get the craft back and cancel RTH to land manually).

Since last firmware update I have fear with the craft doing full automatic RTH knowing he will not reduce speed on time and certainly perform hard break within the last meters - I don't want let him perform hard manoeuver, possible stress crack shell, vortex or hiting the ground..

Anyone experiencing the same??

So I updated mine, all went well, but now it's doing summersalts in mid flight, and the lights are blinking purple and green? Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers