My Phantom 4 Just Flew Away....

Reaction score
I was flying with my kids a few weeks back and I was maybe 1000 ft out and in the hills outside of town when my P4 stopped responding to my commands and rth didn't initiate automatically. We stood there and watched as it flew back over the city and within minutes went down and out of sight, helpless to do anything. Does anyone on here know why that would happen??

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Reactions: Suhail78
I was flying with my kids a few weeks back and I was maybe 1000 ft out and in the hills outside of town when my P4 stopped responding to my commands and rth didn't initiate automatically. We stood there and watched as it flew back over the city and within minutes went down and out of sight, helpless to do anything. Does anyone on here know why that would happen??

Did U get it back?

DJI is really good about replacing product whenever the malfunction occurred on the device. Once you report it, they will pull the logs and if it wasn't your fault, you will be receiving a new one.

No and it never seemed to update into DJI Go because I cannot find the flight log for its final flight at all.... What the heck guys???

No and it never seemed to update into DJI Go because I cannot find the flight log for its final flight at all.... What the heck guys???

This link will enlighten you as to what happened to your logs: DJI Removes Access to Flight Record .TXT Files

You can only "see" them on your device IF you launch the DJI Go 4 app, and click on the Heading Indicator on the lower left. You can no longer download a .txt file from your device to your laptop / desktop machine.

Alternatively, If you use HealthyDrones (now AirData.com) you can download the HD SYNC app, it will grab the flight data, and upload it to your AirData account. AirData then provides a link to download your logs if you wish.

This link will enlighten you as to what happened to your logs: DJI Removes Access to Flight Record .TXT Files
You can only "see" them on your device IF you launch the DJI Go 4 app, and click on the Heading Indicator on the lower left. You can no longer download a .txt file from your device to your laptop / desktop machine.
The post in that link seems to be in error.
My flight records are still where they should be and I can download them.
i-bsk5kns-L.jpg

Go to this screen and click the icon below the word disconnected
i-bgdXvbW-M.png

Is there a flight record for your flight when you get to this screen?
i-ds5Fjd2-L.png

If you post your logs on the DJI Forums you will find the techs and forum members will be able to help. We can often use Google Earth to see where your drone last was.

One chap who lost his drone someone pointed out where it may have landed on a building rooftop. He bought another drone and flew his router and low and behold, there was his drone on the rooftop.

GONE

Good luck with DJI. I have been dealing with mine since about Dec 22, 2016. when I sent flight log in. All I here from them is "We will email you" They told me that 5 times this month

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31