Phantom 4 Pro v2 Flyaway immediately after takeoff

Reaction score
Hello,

I routinely use a Phantom 4 Pro v2 to conduct aerial surveying for a construction business. Last week, when I attempted to return to home while using pix4dmapper to fly a grid, my drone flew to the RTH point and hovered for about a half a second and then flew off to the right at full speed. I tried to intervene by using the controls but it was fighting me the whole time. Needless to say, the drone eventually reached critically low battery as I was trying to maneuver it back to my position and stopped responding to any of my input and crashed into a pile of rocks. I have since purchased a middle shell and right landing gear as, surprisingly, that is all that was broken to my knowledge. However, when I reassembled it today and took it out for a test flight, it takes off about 3 feet off the ground and immediately goes to the right at full speed with ZERO input from myself. I tried it a second time and got the same result. I need to know if this is something I can fix or if it's a problem that DJI will have to fix. I will include the flight log from the two short test flights I performed before it crashed into the ground both times. I unfortunately do not have the flight record for the grid I flew earlier this week when the initial crash, however I do have the last part of the flight when I took over the controls and tried to land it safely.....and failed.

Thanks for any help,

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-21_[15-36-27].txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 172
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-21_[15-39-19].txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 131
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-10-19_[09-10-40].txt
    124 KB · Views: 155
Can you share what the malfunctions were and the equipment? I just got a Phantom 4 Pro v2 and hoping I won't regret it. So far (4 hours flight time) I'm enjoying it immensely.

From another thread, this guy seems to make reasonable repairs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 1.21.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 1.21.32 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: snowghost
Sorry for your loss and the headache that comes with it. I've been flying the P4P v2 for a long time now without any issues. Maybe someone will look at your flight records and shed some light on it for you.

Hello,

I routinely use a Phantom 4 Pro v2 to conduct aerial surveying for a construction business. Last week, when I attempted to return to home while using pix4dmapper to fly a grid, my drone flew to the RTH point and hovered for about a half a second and then flew off to the right at full speed. I tried to intervene by using the controls but it was fighting me the whole time. Needless to say, the drone eventually reached critically low battery as I was trying to maneuver it back to my position and stopped responding to any of my input and crashed into a pile of rocks. I have since purchased a middle shell and right landing gear as, surprisingly, that is all that was broken to my knowledge. However, when I reassembled it today and took it out for a test flight, it takes off about 3 feet off the ground and immediately goes to the right at full speed with ZERO input from myself. I tried it a second time and got the same result. I need to know if this is something I can fix or if it's a problem that DJI will have to fix. I will include the flight log from the two short test flights I performed before it crashed into the ground both times
Your flight data is hard to follow because you use Joystick Mode 1, but I see joystick inputs that appear to be the cause of your problems.
I would recommend calibrating the controller because it appears that it's giving you a constant aileron input when it should be centred.

Your flight data is hard to follow because you use Joystick Mode 1, but I see joystick inputs that appear to be the cause of your problems.
I would recommend calibrating the controller because it appears that it's giving you a constant aileron input when it should be centred.
Surprisingly enough, I calibrated the controller (I think) and it now works perfectly. Have to figure out a front vision sensor calibration issue but the drone is flying as it always has. Thanks for the suggestion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic