Reaction score
I have a P4P+ and love it. But maybe the "Phantom" form factor is done, cooked, old fashion and otherwise yesterday's news. It's body style function was to "Fit it all in" ... Has technology made that requirement as out of place as film cameras. Yes I know people still use film cameras. We also still ride horses.

Just look at the last three drones from DJI. And the ad saying "The Future Unfolds" doesn't say it's only for the Mavic Air.

Can DJI fit it all in a more aerodynamic body like the Air only larger?
Just say'n...

Take the time to have a look at page 2
Gosh Tomas... It isn't even a post topic there, just a comment. Why are you complaining about my post? And no I didn't go to page 2... Is it your comment? If it is it is a valid post topic.

OK... I was there. Are you the Post Police?
But since you brought it up. In looking at your comment there. jeff3333 makes a point there I think you completely missed. It's not that there isn't a place for the technology... It's "Is the Phantom body needed to fill that void".
But whatever.
I Invite you to state the case here if you want This is a "POST" that was a comment. My apologies to jeff3333.

Bird this isn't at you but to the others
Be Nice.jpeg
And stay on topic .

OK... I was there. Are you the Post Police?
As @dirkclod mentioned, lets not start another argumentative thread. There are far too many of these and they are just a waste of time and effort on everyone's part. No substance for the topics.

I think you can be sure DJI will make the Phantom 5 features fit a specific niche they will define. And it will have features Mavic2 can't support. I'm hoping the phantom 5 will morph a little in its form factor, but not too much. We'll have to wait and see.

This year will be very interesting, seeing DJI distance themselves even further ahead of the competition, which is practically non existent today.

Last edited:
I think the next batch of drones form DJI will be in the small form factor like the mavic as its small, portable and less resistant to wind due to its size. Plus with the small size, they can fit more cargo boxes in a shipping container saving money. I do believe that the inspire will stay the same size as its used for professional footage such as movies and the like. Its a bit like laptops. Remember how big and bulky they was in the 80's and 90's? Look at them now with the laptop air. Lot more powerful and a lot more slimmer. It will be the same with the drones.

Reactions: lolo780
I have a P4P+ and love it. But maybe the "Phantom" form factor is done, cooked, old fashion and otherwise yesterday's news. It's body style function was to "Fit it all in" ... Has technology made that requirement as out of place as film cameras. Yes I know people still use film cameras. We also still ride horses.

Just look at the last three drones from DJI. And the ad saying "The Future Unfolds" doesn't say it's only for the Mavic Air.

Just say'n...

The old Mavic still has a crap camera and gimbal and less flight time then the P4P, I have zero interest in buying a foldable type drone like the Mavic ,Air, Spark , none ,nada,zilch, squat[emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]

I envision a Phantom with a slim, phantom-shaped body, automatic retractable landing gear, nose camera with the same range of motion up/down, but also left/right and much higher resolution, saved to a new media type that holds terabytes of “film” and speeds up to 90mph with spot-on obstacle avoidance in all directions.

I envision a Phantom with a slim, phantom-shaped body, automatic retractable landing gear, nose camera with the same range of motion up/down, but also left/right and much higher resolution, saved to a new media type that holds terabytes of “film” and speeds up to 90mph with spot-on obstacle avoidance in all directions.
...and it needs to wirelessly plug directly into my brain so my thoughts control it and I see the camera image without any monitor at all!! ;)

Just say'n...
People have been predicting the "death" of the Phantom for years. Every year it's the same prognostication. DJI has not yet shown any leaning toward abandoning that form factor ... even as they come out with other form factors.

The old Mavic still has a crap camera and gimbal and less flight time then the P4P, I have zero interest in buying a foldable type drone like the Mavic ,Air, Spark , none ,nada,zilch, squat[emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji107]
I flew the I1, P4P, Mavic Pro and Mavic Platinum today. Also brought the Spark and a few others not worth mentioning. The Inspire is a treat to fly, gets the most looks (not always a good thing) and while the X3 is dated now, it does a fine job.

P4P camera is the best of course, but the drone is loud and takes up a lot of space and weight if you're on foot. Not for every day.

Both Mavics have Platinum props, and both may as well have been invisible because they're so quiet. Nobody gave either a second look and I went through 3 batteries undisturbed.

If the Mavic Pro 2 has P4P camera performance in a folding package with the claimed 30+ min flight time, it'll be a winner.

As for flight time, the most I've seen on the p4p is 28min. Both my MP and MPP will better that, and the MPP will hover for over 30min.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl