Reaction score
So back in February it was a really nice day in New England and I decided to take my P3P up over a pond. And it's a pretty big pond. I took some shot some nice video there and then BOOM. Tree that I did not see because I was stupid and was not looking at the view finder. I was flying towards myself and the ascent was too slow and I could not stop and I hit a tree on a walkway splitting the pond into two parts. And then it flies into the pond. 32 degree water. I jump in and find the aircraft ten minutes later and it is covered in seaweed and dirt. I bike myself and the drone back home and let it dry out and then a couple days later (I know I should have done this immediately but I did not really know what to do) I took it apart and then the next day I flushed it with rubbing alcohol. So there I am one week before I posted this post and I decided to scrape off the extra solder on a capacitor and hold it on to see if the phantom turns on and it did. IT TURNED ON. The motors also worked PERFECTLY. However, the gimbal was messed up and there was some structural damage to the shell but nothing too major. I replaced part 49 and then the gimbal started working but I noticed the camera did not output anything to the DJI Go app as it said "gimbal disconnected" but the gimbal worked. I brought it down to one cable (the one that goes into the box with the ultrasonic sensors) and noticed the soldering had corroded a little and it just came off. Tomorrow the plan is to solder that clip back on and see where it takes us.
Repairs so far have costed me a total of 10 full dollars. (Yes I did get a 3rd party part 49. Why would anyone spend 60 dollars on a ribbon cable?). If you guys have any questions about the repair ask me or if you guys want any more pictures. Note: This crash was in a freshwater pond but it is somewhat polluted and does have a lot of wildlife in it.

Crash Video (part of short film I made) at the 1:28 mark:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So back in February it was a really nice day in New England and I decided to take my P3P up over a pond. And it's a pretty big pond. I took some shot some nice video there and then BOOM. Tree that I did not see because I was stupid and was not looking at the view finder. I was flying towards myself and the ascent was too slow and I could not stop and I hit a tree on a walkway splitting the pond into two parts. And then it flies into the pond. 32 degree water. I jump in and find the aircraft ten minutes later and it is covered in seaweed and dirt. I bike myself and the drone back home and let it dry out and then a couple days later (I know I should have done this immediately but I did not really know what to do) I took it apart and then the next day I flushed it with rubbing alcohol. So there I am one week before I posted this post and I decided to scrape off the extra solder on a capacitor and hold it on to see if the phantom turns on and it did. IT TURNED ON. The motors also worked PERFECTLY. However, the gimbal was messed up and there was some structural damage to the shell but nothing too major. I replaced part 49 and then the gimbal started working but I noticed the camera did not output anything to the DJI Go app as it said "gimbal disconnected" but the gimbal worked. I brought it down to one cable (the one that goes into the box with the ultrasonic sensors) and noticed the soldering had corroded a little and it just came off. Tomorrow the plan is to solder that clip back on and see where it takes us.
Repairs so far have costed me a total of 10 full dollars. (Yes I did get a 3rd party part 49. Why would anyone spend 60 dollars on a ribbon cable?). If you guys have any questions about the repair ask me or if you guys want any more pictures. Note: This crash was in a freshwater pond but it is somewhat polluted and does have a lot of wildlife in it.

Crash Video (part of short film I made) at the 1:28 mark:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Awsome till that tree jumped,,aaarrrrgggg :eek:,,:)cheap repair,nice

Reactions: funnyman850

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31