Help i've fallen and cant take off!!!

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am looking for advice from you all. I was flying this morning and videoing for a local church youth group. I had received a low battery warning and was taking my P3S away from the group to land when a gust of wind on what had been a calm day blew my drone into the only group of trees that were in the area. My drone was around 40 ft in the air when it crashed into the trees. I was inside a a fenced area and was unable to make it to my drone before it started its plinko decent to the ground, so I was unable to get to it before it bounced on the ground. After I was able to retrieve it, the only obvious damage was to the prop guards, however upon restarting I received a compass error. I tried re-calibrating several times without any luck. I tried restarting several times and re-calibrating with no luck. I contacted DJI support which was useless. They offered no real trial and error. All they did was collect data and pictures and tell me to send it to them. After all of this I tried to put my drone away in the case and when attempting to place the gimbal guard on I have noticed that apparently the gimbal arm is bent as I do not have the clearance to put the gimbal guard in place as all the times before. What is my course of action at this point? I am sick that my drone is injured. can I replace just the camera and what does that cost. Would it be cheaper to buy a new drone or just another crashed drone for parts. Thanks for any and all help!

upon restarting I received a compass error. I tried re-calibrating several times without any luck. I tried restarting several times and re-calibrating with no luck.
A persistent compass error and inability to calibrate the compass usually is caused by a broken compass wire in the landing gear or a disconnected compass lead to the mainboard.
You can easily confirm by checking the Sensors section of the app settings.
If you see numbers in the compass data, the compass is connected.
If you see zero, it's not.
was taking my P3S away from the group to land when a gust of wind on what had been a calm day blew my drone into the only group of trees that were in the area.
That must have been a very strong gust.
Phantoms are very good at maintaining position in wind.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
A persistent compass error and inability to calibrate the compass usually is caused by a broken compass wire in the landing gear or a disconnected compass lead to the mainboard.

yes I agree normally I havent had any issues with wind, but strange things happen all the time. Just trying to see if you all have help you can offer me.

ok so I have never had any luck connecting my drone to my computer. Is this how to check the setting that you are referring to?

ok so I have never had any luck connecting my drone to my computer. Is this how to check the setting that you are referring to?
Screenshot_20180621-140847.jpg Screenshot_20180621-140911.jpg Screenshot_20180621-140929.jpg :)

yes I agree normally I havent had any issues with wind, but strange things happen all the time. Just trying to see if you all have help you can offer me.
How far was the Phantom blown to the tree?
To find out what was going on, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Sorry Meta4,,,was reading today and was waiting so chucked couple pics up,ssssoooorrrrrrrrryyyy

Looking at the data, I can't see any wind or unusual uncommanded movement.
The Phantom was being flown toward home at 33 ft and 12 mph with the right stick pushed halfway forward.
It passed over home at 13:29.6 and the right stick was kept forward until 13:31.1.
The collision happened just over a second after at 13.32.5 and the with the Phantom having slowed to about 3mph.
so it will usually be broken or disconnected?
Either

Looking at the data, I can't see any wind or unusual uncommanded movement.
The Phantom was being flown toward home at 33 ft and 12 mph with the right stick pushed halfway forward.
It passed over home at 13:29.6 and the right stick was kept forward until 13:31.1.
The collision happened just over a second after at 13.32.5 and the with the Phantom having slowed to about 3mph.

Either
Ok so is the drone worth fixing with the 2 issues I have going on? That's really my question, or should i move on to buy a different one. I have found i can buy the camera control arm for around 30 bucks but havent located the compass issue as of yet

Ok is there anyone here that can help me figure this out? I fail to see how it helped having me send my log and telling me it was pilot error. I have the 2 issues going on can my drone be fixed by the information that I have given you all?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic