Reaction score
I need help, anyone else here using an Android tablet with the problem of the DJI GO app not seeing through the camera at startup? I did, and decided to update my P4's firmware through the DJI GO app as recommended by DJI.

Long story short, I updated the firmware, and now the app will not recognize my drone as a Phantom 4, but rather an Inspire 1. Moreover, when I plug in my old and large iPad Retina it identifies the drone correctly. What the heck? Is there a way for me to verify my drones' firmware version?

Is there a way to fit this? Is it even safe to fly the drone??? I would think not!

Did you try swiping the Inspire 1 photo to the left/right to get to the Phantom list?

It sounds like you might have only updated the Phantom or remote controller firmware. Did you install the update exactly like this?

It sounds like you might have only updated the Phantom or remote controller firmware. Did you install the update exactly like this?

I wish I would have seen this BEFORE I clicked the update bar... I "think" I did, but cannot be certain. I do have more than one battery though, what do you think I should do next? I know that's an open ended question, but let me ask you this, is there any way for me to verify what firmware version exists on the drone, the controller, and batteries? Thank you for chiming in and helping, I really do appreciate it.

Did you click the update bar in the DJI GO home screen (where the photo of the P4 displays) or in the camera view?

The firmware versions display in the About section of DJI GO, so you'll need to get in there to see them. Here's what I recommend you do (in this order):

1) Reinstall DJI GO.
2) If you're still not able to get into the camera view, then try downgrading your remote controller (like this).

The firmware versions display in the About section of DJI GO, so you'll need to get in there to see them. Here's what I recommend you do (in this order):

1) Reinstall DJI GO.
2) If you're still not able to get into the camera view, then try downgrading your remote controller (like this).

okay, I will give that a shot.. see you in a few. thanks!

1) Reinstall DJI GO.

1) Reinstall DJI GO.

No joy :(
Screenshot_20160725-113121.png

I missed this part:
when I plug in my old and large iPad Retina it identifies the drone correctly.

Can you see the version numbers in DJI GO on your iPad?

For your Android tablet, did you try a different USB cable? Perhaps your cable is not working.

image.png
I missed this part:

Can you see the version numbers in DJI GO on your iPad?

For your Android tablet, did you try a different USB cable? Perhaps your cable is not working.

Yes. I can see the version number when using the iPad, and with regards to trying other USB cables, no luck with that being the issue. I was thinking, would the DJI Assistant 2 software possibly work?

On your iPad, which firmware versions do you see in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?

No. You said DJI GO identifies your drone properly on your iPad. Are you able to get to the camera view in DJI GO? If so, go to the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO to see which firmware is currently installed.

Your firmware versions look good. You have the latest version installed on both your Phantom and remote controller.

What kind of Android tablet are you using?

Your firmware versions look good. You have the latest version installed on both your Phantom and remote controller.

What kind of Android tablet are you using?

A Galaxy S2

My drone battery was getting low.. Remember my saying that I had more batteries? I changed the battery and was given the message that the firmware was inconsistent. Low and behold, I slid the bar across to update the firmware on the battery, and now with this battery, the drone shows the correct information on the Android tablet. So I swapped another battery, repeated the process and the same thing.. However, when I go back to that original battery, all I get is the Inspire. Ever hear of something as wacky as that?

when I go back to that original battery, all I get is the Inspire. Ever hear of something as wacky as that?
Never. That's very odd. You won't get the firmware update notification when using your original battery since it was already installed when you updated the Phantom firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.