Does anyone have a copy of firmware V 01.03.0509?

I think the first few NFZ implementations gave a few people some problems, and it couldn't have been too many or else the forum would have exploded with comments and issues. I live in the middle of a number of small airports, helipads, and right at the edge of a major airport including Washington DC 50 mile no fly zone and never had an issue, only a few warnings. In my opinion, and others will say "never upgrade a good working bird" it is always best to fly with the latest and only downgrade if a big issue arises. Once again, IMHO and YMMV.

Ok. That's good to know. One thing I haven't come across yet: Is there a way to backup your existing firmware? I know you can connect the aircraft to DJI assistant2 and hopefully downgrade but I had a hell of a time getting my laptop to even connect to the aircraft. When I did, it was unable to read the firmware state. Maybe I don't need to do that with the P4p+ model?

I think what I will try is the upgrade to 509 just to see if it works using your method. From there I can consider another FW upgrade. I am a little concerned about some of the vibration problems I have been reading about with the latest FW. I will keep you posted how things go.

So the experiment failed. I was able to get the controller updated but it would not see the aircraft FW update locally. I tried to trigger it by turning off the wifi and plugging in the cable to the aircraft but it wouldn't pick up the package.

@Timinator, sorry buddy, when I did it the Assistant2 still had the old rev avail so that is how I did it. In theory I thought it would work, sorry it didn't. So what will you do now? Upgrade?

Thanks HTP, It was worth a shot. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get the aircraft to see there was no FW without the controller connecting to the internet. Once I connected the RC to the internet, it would only give me the option of the latest.

I did bite the bullet and update to the latest FW and fingers crossed I won't have any problems with it. Was hoping to get a flight in this morning on the way to work but the weather was very uncooperative. Hoping the rain will clear this afternoon and I'll be able to do a flight. I'll keep you posted.

I did come across a tool to backup the FW (after the fact, of course) and wish I had tried it last night first. DUMLdore will allow you to read and backup the FW on the aircraft. I know that previous aircraft FW files can be found on the internet and I did download my V01.02.0304 version as well as the V509 but I think what I will do first is reset the RC based on the file you kindly made available which I used last night, see if I can extract the ~87mb bin file which has to be somewhere on the unit, then use DUMLdore to write it to the aircraft. If not, I will think about rolling the dice and applying one of the bins I downloaded. I know i probably shouldn't be doing this but curiosity has gotten the better of me and I am also a little concerned about the vibration/cracking problems.

The mismatching of versions and firmware, could be a risky setup. Bug fixes and incompatibilities, are always possible.

Definitely do a factory reset so the Drone and RC have only factory settings loaded ... then go into the RC and setup your preferences like usual. After this is all completed you should be able to fly successfully. DO NOT allow the updates to happen ... the RC will ask you to do an update EVERY time you turn it on. After logging in once on the newly loaded RC, I strongly suggest you turn off the WIFI on the RC so it can't download anything new without your knowledge. Version '509' is the MOST stable version of firmware yet released that doesn't take away functionality and reliability on the P4P+. We all are STILL WAITING for a bug-free and reliable updated release from DJI since they released '509' last year ... it hasn't happened yet for the P4P+ !!! All they have released since then are firmware debacles that cause crashes, unreliability, restricted flight parameters when it shouldn't, lost functionality, problems with the camera and gimble performance, etc., etc. ... the list goes on and on. Definitely stick with '509' for now until the user masses have validated for at least 1 month any future DJI firmware releases for the P4P+ as working without issues, without lost functionality, without instability, etc.

Reactions: Timinator
Definitely stick with '509' for now until the user masses have validated for at least 1 month any future DJI firmware releases for the P4P+ as working without issues, without lost functionality, without instability, etc.
I suggest you stick with 1.3.509 forever because you get access to many freedoms through simple parameter mods. Any firmware after 1.3.509 has the back door closed to selecting what you want. Access to these freedoms are priceless IMO.

Reactions: Timinator and RSS
I will think about rolling the dice and applying one of the bins I downloaded. I know i probably shouldn't be doing this but curiosity has gotten the better of me and I am also a little concerned about the vibration/cracking problems.
If you can get 1.3.509 installed with Dumldore, please PM me about your success. I'm on .509 currently and love it, but if I buy another new or used P4P I'll need to load 1.3.509. I've already downloaded the Dumldore tool and a copy of the .509 firmware from GitHub, but I have no craft to test it with. Since I'm already on .509 and don't want to risk messing up that craft.

Reactions: RSS and Timinator
I suggest you stick with 1.3.509 forever because you get access to many freedoms through simple parameter mods. Any firmware after 1.3.509 has the back door closed to selecting what you want. Access to these freedoms are priceless IMO.

Hello
I also have a P4P+ Obsidian
I've updated to 0300, them downgrade to 0602 with Assistant 2.
Now I want downgrade again to 0509, but DJI has removed 0509 from their servers, and now it's impossible go back from 0602 with Assistant 2 :-(
Anyone know if it's possible rollback from 0602 to 0509 using 3rd party tools, like DUMLdore ?
Thanks

Will do. Since I've already got the latest FW loaded, when the weather clears I will do a flight just to test it out. After that I will nuke it and try to load the 509 which was my real aim yesterday. Based on the videos I have seen it looks quite straightforward.

@John Locke: Definitely load Dumldore so you can read a copy of your existing 509 FW and keep it as a backup you can load in the future. That is preferable to having to download from the net the same FW.

First off, just want to thank everyone who helped me with this little project. I'm very new to drones and I've only had my Phantom4Pro+ for just about three weeks. You guys have been great and I am learning a lot.

So I was able to get to 509 and it was really quite painless!

Initially, when I started Dumldore, and clicked on BACKUP, it threw a warning that the newer versions of firmware couldn't be backed up. OK, fine and I skipped attempting to backup the existing, latest firmware that went on last night. I decided to write the 509 bin I got from github and that worked perfectly. Hooked up the aircraft to DJI assistant2 to verify the AC firmware and then did a factory reset to nuke any settings that had been retained. Half way there!

After the aircraft update was complete, I set about installing HighTechPauper's RC p4p+ firmware. I extracted the BIN file to a microsd, loaded it into the controller, went to settings, updates, and hit the three buttons to select "local update." Let it run through it's paces and then did a factory reset of the controller to solve the problem for the DJI GO app constantly crashing.

From there, it was all good! Still haven't flown yet due to poor weather but hope to get into the air tomorrow.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20