Does anyone have a copy of firmware V 01.03.0509?

I'm using 4.04 now in the RC. Seems to work fine other than one glitch I have with the maps. I have downloaded the maps for my province, Ontario, and when I fly they work perfectly. The problem is that when I get home and playback the flight, I see no streets or anything and I have some chinese characters in the lower left of the screen. Even when I select satellite view, it doesn't change. Can anyone help?

@u000gbk I would check the github repo - I will PM the link - to see if they have it.
Ok. so I answered my own question about the maps. For some reason, it needed "Calibrate map coordinates (for china mainland)" enabled for the playback to work properly.

I haven't experienced the crashing you mention. Maybe try a factory reset of the RC?
I did that when I loaded it and reconnected it to the AC. Apparently the version of GO that runs on and Android OS phone/tablet was modified some on the load used in the PLUS display running a paired-down version of the Android OS. What is the "1.2" you spoke of that you downloaded from Dropbox? That is the file I need. You said"I used HighTechPauper's firmware (thanks Randy) to update the controller" ... what exactly was the file name of that and can you send it to me?

I think you are confusing the aircraft firmware I had originally when I got my aircraft which was 01.02.304. The remote control software you can get directly from post 31 of this thread.

I haven't experienced the crashing you mention. Maybe try a factory reset of the RC?
As well as double check the China Mainland map settings area somewhere in the setup, I can't remember where right now but those are the 2 things that fixed it for me during that FW rev.

I did that when I loaded it and reconnected it to the AC. Apparently the version of GO that runs on and Android OS phone/tablet was modified some on the load used in the PLUS display running a paired-down version of the Android OS. What is the "1.2" you spoke of that you downloaded from Dropbox? That is the file I need. You said"I used HighTechPauper's firmware (thanks Randy) to update the controller" ... what exactly was the file name of that and can you send it to me?

IMHO
It is NOT an individual file, it is a complete binary program that includes all the various component pieces at whatever rev name that DJI had at the time. There is no way to extract individual files out of the bin file, you must put it on an sd and stick it in the p4p+ (PLUS, yes with the display) and then work from there through the issues with DJI crash and getting the right file on the AC

Reactions: Timinator
TY VERY much !!!
It appears you have been trying so long to get your p4p+ back to this rev for a while, I hope you can get it working the way you want asap, I really did make that post to help people get started after a debacle update from DJI. That file is the exact file (name and all) downloaded off DJI website for the P4P+ upgrade at the time, and at that time DJI webserver authorizations and the Assistant2 allowed it to work well. Since then it takes a bit more finagling to get things right, but as Timinator showed, it can be eazy peezy once you understand the basics of the 3 different pieces your dealing with (RC/Core Android repair, and then writing the AC to match).

Good luck and keep us updated please

Also I would think now that you just need to slam into the Android setup on the display while the go keeps crashing and initiate a Factory Default/Refresh from there. I believe it will load the Bootloader repair partition off the newly installed RC FW rev and fix the go4 just fine from there. Timinator may know the exact methods he used but I dont think he would reset the RC with Assistant2, but maybe.

IMHO
It is NOT an individual file, it is a complete binary program that includes all the various component pieces at whatever rev name that DJI had at the time. There is no way to extract individual files out of the bin file, you must put it on an sd and stick it in the p4p+ (PLUS, yes with the display) and then work from there through the issues with DJI crash and getting the right file on the AC

@HighTechPauper You are right !
I have made some tests with RC P4P+
We just need to save the bin file to a SD Card and then force RC to update in android settings
That bin file have RC firmware and DJI GO 4 app
I have used 1.1.3.0
After update finished, first we need to restore defaults, because DJI GO 4 will crash
Then, if we setup WiFi, RC will detect a new version of firmware and ask to upgrade
I have cancel the new RC firmware upgrade
And just upgrade the DJI GO 4, because it's possible to do that in settings.

Because RC firmware 1.1.3.0 are not compatible with AC 0602, I have upgrade RC firmware again to RC 1.2.2.0

I would like to know if someone have RC 1.2.0.0 bin file ?

After downgrade my P4P+ AC to 0509, I want to try if RC can connect and work fine with RC firmware 1.2.0.0 inside !

Also I would think now that you just need to slam into the Android setup on the display while the go keeps crashing and initiate a Factory Default/Refresh from there. I believe it will load the Bootloader repair partition off the newly installed RC FW rev and fix the go4 just fine from there. Timinator may know the exact methods he used but I dont think he would reset the RC with Assistant2, but maybe.

With P4P+ RC it's not possible to use Assistant 2
Restore default settings should be done using P4P+ RC display

yes. running 4.0.4 which I got from HighTechPauper's dropbox link on the first or second page of this thread.

@Timinator do you remeber if DJI GO 4.0.4 it's the version that you have after your P4P+ RC finnished the setup ?
I can't remember if after finnish P4P+ RC firmware 1.1.3.0 my DJI GO 4 are with 4.0.4
I just remember that when RC firmware ends, after I made default setting, I have sucessful update DJI GO 4 to a newer release using just the RC settings.

With P4P+ AC 0300 and 0602, I have a lot of warning messages in DJI GO 4 because strong wireless interferences when I use 2.4 Ghz

I found that if I turn OFF WiFi in my P4P+ RC, that issue stop !

@Timinator do you remeber if DJI GO 4.0.4 it's the version that you have after your P4P+ RC finnished the setup ?
I can't remember if after finnish P4P+ RC firmware 1.1.3.0 my DJI GO 4 are with 4.0.4
I just remember that when RC firmware ends, after I made default setting, I have sucessful update DJI GO 4 to a newer release using just the RC settings.
Indeed, it is 4.0.4. I haven't allowed it to update since. I used to get the "strong wireless interference - fly with caution" even when on the newer controller FW.

Reactions: RSS
Indeed, it is 4.0.4. I haven't allowed it to update since. I used to get the "strong wireless interference - fly with caution" even when on the newer controller FW.

But now, after downgrade RC to 1.1.3.0 / GO 4.0.4 you still have that issue about "Strong Interferences" when you are in 2.4 Ghz ?

Use the 5G freq. selection for communications between the RC and AC. Then interference warning goes away.

The latest RC version for the P4P+ is 01.02
The 01.03 version offered in this thread as a download is for the standard P4P
As already noted it will continuously crash the RC of a + model
HighTechPauper ... any idea if this is the case ... my 1.1.3.0 version does very occasionally say "DJI GO has stopped" sometimes and I just need to acknowledge it and immediately reconnect to the AC and it is back up again ... but that is very scary when you are flying the drone for sure.? If so what is the FULL version number needed to be loaded in the RC (the file name) and will it work with '509' already loaded in the AC?

HighTechPauper ... any idea if this is the case ... my 1.1.3.0 version does very occasionally say "DJI GO has stopped" sometimes and I just need to acknowledge it and immediately reconnect to the AC and it is back up again ... but that is very scary when you are flying the drone for sure.? If so what is the FULL version number needed to be loaded in the RC (the file name) and will it work with '509' already loaded in the AC?
If you want to stay on .509 craft firmware, you should not be upgrading your RC or app going forward, assuming it works. I suggest you load 1.02 firmware into the P4P+ controller, and if it works, FREEZE everything, turn off app auto updating, and any OS updating, and be happy with the virtues of .509 as long as possible. Don't be tempted with new features when a new app or OS is released for the integrated tablet, otherwise you may sacrifice the priceless compatibility with .509 firmware in the craft.

Let us know if 1.02 RC firmware in the +controller works with .509 craft firmware so others with the P4P+ controllers will know what's possible.

Last edited:
If you want to stay on .509 craft firmware, you should not be upgrading your RC or app going forward, assuming it works. I suggest you load 1.02 firmware into the P4P+ controller, and if it works, FREEZE everything, turn off app auto updating, and any OS updating, and be happy with the virtues of .509 as long as possible. Don't be tempted with new features when a new app or OS is released for the integrated tablet, otherwise you may sacrifice the priceless compatibility with .509 firmware in the craft.

Let us know if 1.02 RC firmware in the +controller works with .509 craft firmware so others with the P4P+ controllers will know what's possible.
Thanks John ... where do I get "1.02" for the P4P+ and what is the full file name? Will it work with '509' loaded in the AC? As an example ... the file name I am using now in the +RC is "GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307.bin" ... what is the comparable name for the "1.02" file?

Last edited:
Thanks John ... where do I get "1.02" for the P4P+ and what is the full file name? Will it work with '509' loaded in the AC? As an example ... the file name I am using now in the +RC is "GL300E_RC_V1130_20170307.bin" ... what is the comparable name for the "1.02" file?
After looking into it, the DJI website shows 1.03.06 to be the latest controller firmware, not 1.02. That's what you should try. As for compatibility with .509 craft firmware, you'll be the guinea pig. Let us know if it works. I think it will most likely work, because .509 works with the most recent P4P controller firmware. I think you'll be OK.

upload_2018-2-28_14-37-40.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT