Does anyone have a copy of firmware V 01.03.0509?

KWALTER - can you shed any light on this?
After looking into it, the DJI website shows 1.03.06 to be the latest controller firmware, not 1.02. That's what you should try. As for compatibility with .509 craft firmware, you'll be the guinea pig. Let us know if it works. I think it will most likely work, because .509 works with the most recent P4P controller firmware. I think you'll be OK.

View attachment 95644
Thanks John but I am concerned about all of the crap for "controlled space" that comes with that latest version ... I posted a new thread with all of you folks listed ... please read that and let me know your thoughts.

If you have .509 in the craft, you're golden. Search YouTube for "Phantom Parameters modifications" and you can turn off all that stuff. It will take some time to figure out, but most people can step through the process. Remember, if you turn it off, you better be responsible how you use the craft. You can get yourself in trouble, which could be life changing if you're irresponsible. Be careful what you ask for.

Any idea of the actual full file name for "1.02" referenced in previous posts and a source location in my posted questions?

If you want to stay on .509 craft firmware, you should not be upgrading your RC or app going forward, assuming it works. I suggest you load 1.02 firmware into the P4P+ controller, and if it works, FREEZE everything, turn off app auto updating, and any OS updating, and be happy with the virtues of .509 as long as possible. Don't be tempted with new features when a new app or OS is released for the integrated tablet, otherwise you may sacrifice the priceless compatibility with .509 firmware in the craft.

Let us know if 1.02 RC firmware in the +controller works with .509 craft firmware so others with the P4P+ controllers will know what's possible.

Hello @John Locke
What do you mean about 1.02 for RC P4P+ also know as GL300E ???

@u000gbk force your P4P AC to "restore factory" using DJI Assistant 2, then install 1.1.3.0 bin file in your RC using a sd card.
When finnish, do a "restore factory" in your RC using android options.
After that, if you continue to have crashes in DJI GO 4, you can upgrade only the DJI GO 4 to a newer version, but not upgrade RC firmware if you will be prompt to do that !

DJI GO 4 only can be updated in your P4P+ GL300E if you turn on WIFI in RC and allow DJI GO 4 APP to do that...

If you look in this web page, you will understand AC and RC firmware compabilities
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20171225/Phantom_4_Pro_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

Then let me know if you have success !

Last edited:
Hello @John Locke

@u000gbk force your P4P AC to "restore factory" using DJI Assistant 2, then install 1.1.3.0 bin file in your RC using a sd card.
After that, if you continue to have crashes in DJI GO 4, you can upgrade only the DJI GO 4 to a newer version, but not upgrade RC firmware if you will be prompt to do that !

DJI GO 4 only can be updated in your P4P+ GL300E if you turn on WIFI in RC and allow DJI GO 4 APP to do that...

If you look in this web page, you will understand AC and RC firmware compabilities
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/

Thx John ... unfortunately the above link you sent me doesn't work ... can you check that please and resend.

Reactions: Syazoo
Hello @John Locke

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/

Can you try sending me the text file equivalent of the info in the non-working link ... that way I can read the information.

Thx John ... unfortunately the above link you sent me doesn't work ... can you check that please and resend.
Try this link.

Toward the bottom you'll see the zip file for the GL300E controller, P4P+
upload_2018-3-1_9-55-25.png

Index of /DJI-Firmware

use dumldore to get it back to 0509 ( i think 0304 is better). Then download 0300, delete the 306 module from within, flash 0300 (minus the 306 module), over the top of 0509. Now you should be on 0300-, & have all parameter tweaks plus the latest features (pano on p4p+ etc).

Index of /DJI-Firmware

use dumldore to get it back to 0509 ( i think 0304 is better). Then download 0300, delete the 306 module from within, flash 0300 (minus the 306 module), over the top of 0509. Now you should be on 0300-, & have all parameter tweaks plus the latest features (pano on p4p+ etc).

I will do what ever you guys think is the best. I will need help with this as I don’t understand much of it. I should receive the drone by Wednesday.

I will do what ever you guys think is the best. I will need help with this as I don’t understand much of it. I should receive the drone by Wednesday.
I would suggest that you see what firmware is actually on the bird and provided everything fires up well, just go and fly what you have. Perhaps you'll be fine with it. Avoid getting involved in a mess of stuff you think you need without trying what you have first. It can save a lot unnecessary complications.

Yea but the new versions are causing some cracks

Hello Jack
I also have a P4P+ Obsidian
Can you please check what's the firmware versions that comes from factory before you do any upgrade ?

I need to know:
# Aircraft (AC) firmware version
# Radio Control (RC) firmware version
# DJI GO app version
I think that Obsidian comes with a proprietary firmware release, and I need to confirm it.

I suggest you to not do any upgrade...

After I have upgrade, the only things I won were bugs and problems !

Index of /DJI-Firmware

How do you delete the '306' module from within the downloaded 0300 file? Did you restore all settings to factory default after the flash over the 0509 in the AC using Assistant 2 or did you do it another way? What version of firmware should be in the + controller to work with the '0300-' firmware in the AC?

Last edited:
Can anyone report if a later rc firmware than 01.4.00.00 is compatible with 509 on the bird? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

I am very interested too as to the answer to this question. I currently run '509' in my AC and 1.1.3.0 in my +RC which is the latest version blessed by DJI for use in a +RC when running '509' in the AC ... so I would also like to know what later +RC version is compatible with '509' as well.

Reactions: RSS

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT