Converting Phantom2 to P2-Vision

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am very new to all this - So please bear with me, I am learning as I go along.
I know this is a huge post.. if you want just skip to the "Problem" part at the bottom.

I just picked up a Phantom2 from my local recycling center for free, this is what I got in the box:
  • P330z Quad Copter
  • H3-2d Gimbal & rubber mount (no camera)
  • Lots of rotor blades
  • DJ6 2.4ghz remote
  • 2 batteries (with around 10-15 charge cycles each)
  • Charger
After some initial struggles to install the vision software on windows 10, I managed to get everything connected and upgraded.
I flew it a bit, it all works fine, so I thought it would be cool to add some photo / video capability.

I then purchased via auction the following:
  • PVT581 5ghz remote (TX)
  • 5ghz board (RX)
  • RE500 Range extender
  • FC200 Egg camera
  • 2 Connection cables
Initially, I did not realize why it was necessary to change to 5ghz (After reading stuff like this Thread, I understand a bit better)

For the moment. I have just installed the FC200 into my quad and moved the range extender over to my 2.4ghz remote.
The camera powers up, maintains vertical orientation, takes photos / videos and stores them on the SD card.
I managed to find an .APK for DJI vision for my android device

Now, to my problem:
I am trying to bind the RE500 to the FC200, but it wont bind.
I do not get an error message, it just returns to the main screen but no binding has happened.
I see 3 possible causes for this:
1) Inteference, I have not switched my TX & RX to 5ghz
If the TX is switched off, then I don't see where inteference would come from.. no?
2) Inteference, is my 2.4ghz wifi / security cameras etc at home causing problems?
3) Faulty RE500 (I have read that people have issues related to a forced update by the DJI vision software.. I have not been asked to update anything, but maybe the previous owner did this?)

Can anyone advise, have I been sold a faulty RE500?

Thanks in advance
Will

Now, to my problem:
I am trying to bind the RE500 to the FC200, but it wont bind.
I do not get an error message, it just returns to the main screen but no binding has happened.
I see 3 possible causes for this:
1) Inteference, I have not switched my TX & RX to 5ghz
If the TX is switched off, then I don't see where inteference would come from.. no?
2) Inteference, is my 2.4ghz wifi / security cameras etc at home causing problems?
3) Faulty RE500 (I have read that people have issues related to a forced update by the DJI vision software.. I have not been asked to update anything, but maybe the previous owner did this?)

Thanks in advance
Will

The range extender is a very simple device:

If you was able to connect to it from mobile device, then it works. There is no separate radio channel for drone link.

AFAIK you need to reset configuration of the repeater before rebinding, maybe you didn't do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.